HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My best position is just behind the striker. Hopefully I can play in that positi  (Read 37 times)
ASBASB

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2014, 10:04:38 pm »

Newcastle signing Siem De Jong says he is excited to have signed a six-year deal at St James' Park.

De Jong's brother Luuk was on loan at United last season and Netherlands jersey 2014 Siem says he had some influence on his decision to join a club where

he hopes to be able to Soccer Cleats for sale play just behind the striker after joining from Ajax.

He told Sky Sports France 2014 world cup jersey News: "Newcastle were following me for the last couple of years and we had some talks and of course my brother

played here and he told me a lot about the club.

Newcastle signing Siem De Jong says he is excited to have signed a six year deal at St James' Park
"Tim (Krul) and Vurnon (Anita) kept asking me over the last couple of years 'Are you coming?' and I'm saying maybe; but this year

felt right for me and the right moment Germany 2014 World Cup jersey to take the next step and Newcastle is the club that wanted me the most.

"Luuk said it is a great atmosphere and nice stadium and Newcastle breathes football. He said it is all about football here and

the fans really love it. It didn't go so well for him and the team in the last half of the season so he hopes he can prove himself

somewhere else and come back one day and prove his true potential."

As to his favoured position, De Jong hopes to be deployed in a forward role this season.

He added: "The main part of my play is to see the space in the box and come as a second striker and score goals, also to get in

some crosses. My best position is just behind the striker. Hopefully I can play in that position here and do the same as I did for

Ajax and improve both the team and myself."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: