HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 18-year-old was especially impressive when he started for City  (Read 69 times)
tinghe

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2014, 04:11:20 am »

Lopes has made only five appearances for English champions City, but the Portuguese midfielder is already regarded as one Adidas F50 Messi of the club's brightest young talents.

The 18-year-old was especially impressive when he started for City in their League Cup semi-final second leg win at West Ham last season.

City boss Manuel Pellegrini believes Lopes will benefit from a season gaining experience with Lille and the player says he is relishing the chance to play first-team football.

"I feel very happy to have signed because it is a new step in my career and it is a good opportunity for me to develop as a player," Lopes told City's website.

"It is very important for me to play in a professional league for the first Hypervenom Phelon time. I think playing in the French League will be very beneficial because it is a league that is getting bigger, better and stronger every year."

Lille finished third in Ligue 1 to qualify for the preliminary stages of the Champions League.

And Lopes added: "It would be very exciting to be able to play Champions League football.

"It would be such a good experience for me to play in that competition, which everyone recognises as the best in European football."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: