HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: could only manage a sixth place finish with a time of 3:31.13, while veteran Ro  (Read 48 times)
fgfd

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2014, 01:04:12 am »

Cuban cyclist, Vicente Sanabria, who represented Antigua & Barbuda at the John T Memorial Cycling Race held in Anguilla over the weekend was the country’s best finisher at the event, finishing second in the Elite Class.

The rider, who has Argentina jersey 2014 been participating in the Antigua & Barbuda Cycling Association (ABCA) domestic season for the past two years, clocked 3:30.42 to finish just one second behind Elite winner Gregory Errin of St Martin.

Antigua & Barbuda’s National Champion Jyme Bridges Jr could only manage a sixth place finish with a time of 3:31.13, while veteran Robert Marsh was eighth in a time of 3:31.23. Andre Simon finished in the 12th position with a time of 3:34.30.

Marvin Spencer, the other Antiguan in the race, could not complete the 80-mile course.

Sanabria, describing the race as “more challenging than those held in Antigua,” said his hope is to one day, live in and represent Antigua at similar meets.

“For me it’s a pleasure to race for Antigua and maybe I want, in the future, to live in Antigua and to race against other countries for Antigua. I love Antigua,” he said.

“It is different because in Antigua the races are small and in Anguilla it is 120 kilometers but here in Antigua I need more distance because it is very important that there is more competition for the guys in Antigua,” the Cuban added.

The country also had 2014 World Cup jerseys good showings in the Juniors and Pre Juniors divisions. Tesheed Gordon clocked 3:46.11 to finish third in the Juniors, while Joel Phillip (37:41.402) and Nigel Fabian (37:43.589) were second and third, respectively, in Pre Juniors.

President of the Cycling Association, Cliff Williams said despite not getting more podium finishes, the country had commendable performances.

“The three led the race for at least 90 per cent of the distance; from the beginning they were at the top until in the last five to six laps they were caught by the chase group and then in the end Vicente and the rider from France went in one and two sprinting for first and second,” he said.

“A lot of kudos, a lot of compliments have been coming via email and Facebook in terms of the level of Antiguan riders at the John T Memorial Race,” Williams added.

The other Antiguan rider, brazil jersey 2014 Neil Lloyd, finished eighth in the Masters Division with a time of 2:43.09.

holland world cup jersey 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: