HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cunningham is averaging 6.0 points and 4.0 rebounds  (Read 47 times)
krstking2

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:25:48 pm »

DOHA, Qatar -- Seventh-seeded Simona Halep of Romania will chase her seventh career title when she plays sixth-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany, pursuing her fifth trophy, in the Qatar Open final on Sunday. http://www.titansstore.us.com/56-nike-elite-akeem-ayers-mens-jersey-nfl-tennessee-titans-15th-season-patch-grey-shadow.html . The 10th-ranked Halep trailed 5-2 in the first set but won seven straight games before defeating second-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland 7-5, 6-2 on Saturday. Kerbers 6-1, 7-6 (6) win over fifth-seeded Jelena Jankovic of Serbia kept up her record of not losing a set this week. Halep, who won all six of her career titles last year, won seven straight games to take a 7-5, 2-0 lead in the semifinals. "I played six finals last year and I am more confident with myself now," Halep said. "I just keep focused to play like its (the) first round, and I think thats the secret -- to play without pressure, just to keep focused and to be happy on court." Once Halep calmed her nerves she showed off the diversity in her game with power shots, touch shots, drop shots and the patience needed to reach her first final of the year. "At 5-2, I said that I have nothing to lose anymore and to change the tactic," Halep said. The fourth-ranked Radwanska, who was making her third consecutive appearance in Doha, has yet to advance to the finals at this tournament. "She was making unbelievable shots from nowhere," Radwanska said. "I didnt know what to do to end the point, because she was everywhere." Kerber has her second final of the year. She lost in the Sydney final to Tsvetana Pironkova last month. Jankovic broke Kerbers serve in the fifth game to win her only game of the first set but struggled with her own first serve. The second set was more evenly contested with both players losing serve on two occasions. "I was just happy I won the match in two sets," Kerber said. "Jelena was playing unbelievably well in the second set." Kerber served for the match at 5-4 but Jankovic broke serve to even the score at 5-5. Kerber had two match points in the tiebreaker. She won with a net cord shot which Jankovic could only watch. "I think I was just lucky and happy that the ball goes over the net on the other side," Kerber said. Zach Mettenberger Titans Jersey . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. Titans Akeem Ayers Blue Jersey . Second-best in 2013, the Maple Leafs penalty kill has tumbled right back to the bottom of the NHL this season, second-worst in a league of 30 teams.MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Timberwolves forward Dante Cunningham was arrested early Thursday on allegations of domestic assault and was being held without bail pending charges while his team left for a two-game road trip in Florida. Cunningham was booked into Hennepin County Jail just after 6 a.m., according to police records. The woman involved in the incident at Cunninghams suburban Minneapolis home did not require medical treatment, police said. The Timberwolves issued a statement saying they were aware of Cunninghams arrest and were in the process of gathering more information. "The Minnesota Timberwolves organization takes the matter very seriously and does not condone the type of behaviour that is associated with this situation," the statement read. "However, we need to let the legal process run its course, and will have further comment at the appropriate time." The team left for Miami on Thursday afternoon. The Wolves play the Heat on Friday and the Orlando Magic on Saturday before returning home. The 26-year-old Cunningham has been one of coach Rick Adelmans most trusted bench players over the last two years and is the primary backup to Kevin Love at power forward. He has played centre in smallerr lineups and has been able to guard almost every position besides point guard for a defensively challenged team. Titans Eddie George Youth Jersey. In his fifth year in the league, Cunningham is averaging 6.0 points and 4.0 rebounds this season. He is set to become a free agent on July 1 after completing the final year of his contract that pays him $2.1 million this season. Cunninghams arrest further depletes an already thin frontcourt for the Wolves. Center Nikola Pekovic has been bothered for the entire second half of the season by a sore right ankle while Ronny Turiaf just returned from a bruised right knee that caused him to miss 19 games. In an unrelated move, the Timberwolves waived veteran point guard A.J. Price on Thursday. Price played sparingly in 28 games for the Wolves this season, averaging 1.6 points. He had been unavailable recently after having an emergency appendectomy. Before Price was waived, the Wolves had the maximum 15 players on their roster, meaning they could not bring another player in. Cutting Price gives the team the flexibility to add a player, but Price was informed of the decision on Wednesday night after the Timberwolves defeated the Memphis Grizzlies and hours before Cunningham was arrested. ' ' '
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: