HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kerry king slams norwegian black metal  (Read 13007 times)
KALM

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2007, 06:51:24 pm »

SLAYER guitarist Kerry King has slammed the Norwegian black metal scene as "shit," claiming that black metal musicians spend far too much time generating controversy instead of honing their songwriting and musical skills. Speaking to Norway's VG Nett on the eve of the band's appearance at Hovefestivalen (a brand new five-day festival being held June 25-29 on the island of Trom????y, just outside the city of Arendal in Norway), King said, "Norwegian black metal is shit. I don't understand why they [Norwegian black metal musicians] think they must kill someone in order to improve their music. Go home and practice your instruments instead! I don't get it. I don't need to kill anyone so that young musicians will look up to me as a role model."

annihilation666

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 06:53:02 pm »

KALM said: SLAYER guitarist Kerry King has slammed the Norwegian black metal scene as "shit," claiming that black metal musicians spend far too much time generating controversy instead of honing their songwriting and musical skills. Speaking to Norway's VG Nett on the eve of the band's appearance at Hovefestivalen (a brand new five-day festival being held June 25-29 on the island of Trom????y, just outside the city of Arendal in Norway), King said, "Norwegian black metal is shit. I don't understand why they [Norwegian black metal musicians] think they must kill someone in order to improve their music. Go home and practice your instruments instead! I don't get it. I don't need to kill anyone so that young musicians will look up to me as a role model."

somethings i have to agree on sometimes i disagree on

Cradle of Filth, Satyricon, Septic flesh Feb 21 @ Club Firestone
DirtyBlackSocks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:54:32 pm »

I'd say that's a pretty accurate statement.

Practice safe sex, go fuck yourself.

It's magic!!! ::surprise
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 06:54:37 pm »

Even if he did say that Norwegian black metal is shit, I still love it and it's still a wonderful genre. I could care less what his opinion on NBM is, I just care about what music he makes with Slayer.

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:54:46 pm »

KALM said: SLAYER guitarist Kerry King has slammed the Norwegian black metal scene as "shit," claiming that black metal musicians spend far too much time generating controversy instead of honing their songwriting and musical skills. Speaking to Norway's VG Nett on the eve of the band's appearance at Hovefestivalen (a brand new five-day festival being held June 25-29 on the island of Trom????y, just outside the city of Arendal in Norway), King said, "Norwegian black metal is shit. I don't understand why they [Norwegian black metal musicians] think they must kill someone in order to improve their music. Go home and practice your instruments instead! I don't get it. I don't need to kill anyone so that young musicians will look up to me as a role model."

King should heed his own advice. Fat piece of shit hasn't written a decent tune in years.

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:55:49 pm »

jimbob232 said:

King should heed his own advice. Fat piece of shit hasn't written a decent tune in years.

::looking

DirtyBlackSocks

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:56:36 pm »

King never wrote decent tunes. Slayer's decline past Divine Intervention was due to a lack of involvement from Hanneman in the band.

I think Lombardo returning helped with Christ Illusion quite a bit, but Hanneman really needs to get back into the driver's seat and put out some good thrash.

Practice safe sex, go fuck yourself.

It's magic!!! ::surprise
SatyriKING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 06:56:45 pm »

jimbob232 said:

::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh

King Diamond>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ozzy
Me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Caex
cawkaroach

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 06:58:23 pm »

Kerry King's an overrated faggot.

Thread killing is my business.... And business is good.
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 06:58:45 pm »

Enslaved, a damn good black metal band from Norway, has put out better, and much more interesting, music (imo) than Slayer ever has.

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 06:59:54 pm »

Oh man, you people are so wrong. Slayer's amazing, they've always been amazing and Kerry King has always made outstanding music.

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 06:59:59 pm »

jimbob232 said:

This same faggot draws inspiration from Slipknot. I'll take his opinion with a dump truck load of salt.

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 07:00:53 pm »

jimbob232 said:
jimbob232 said:

This same faggot draws inspiration from Slipknot. I'll take his opinion with a dump truck load of salt.

At least he doesn't have Green Day as one of his top 5 favourite hard rock bands, like Ozzy does.

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 07:01:51 pm »

I still love his music and will always love his music. What he does/says outside of his music... that's up to him.

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 07:02:10 pm »

CannibalCorpse said: Oh man, you people are so wrong. Slayer's amazing, they've always been amazing and Kerry King has always made outstanding music.

I find them sleep inducing and mediocre thrash. I'd much rather listen to Kreator, Sodom, Flotsam & Jetsam, Megadeth, Agent Steel, Testament, Anthrax, Annihilator, Carnivore, Dark Angel, Destruction, Dew scented, Mekong Delta, Nuclear Assault, or plenty of other bands that do what they do, but better.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: