HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kerry king slams norwegian black metal  (Read 13428 times)
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 07:02:14 pm »

CannibalCorpse said: Oh man, you people are so wrong. Slayer's amazing, they've always been amazing and Kerry King has always made outstanding music.
What ever you say
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »

jimbob232 said:

CannibalCorpse said: Oh man, you people are so wrong. Slayer's amazing, they've always been amazing and Kerry King has always made outstanding music.

I find them sleep inducing and mediocre thrash. I'd much rather listen to Kreator, Sodom, Flotsam & Jetsam, Megadeth, Agent Steel, Testament, Anthrax, Annihilator, Carnivore, Dark Angel, Destruction, Dew scented, Mekong Delta, Nuclear Assault, or plenty of other bands that do what they do, but better.

I'll agree that most of those bands you listed are amazing, but Slayer still rocks.::finger

DirtyBlackSocks

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 07:05:05 pm »

You guys need to realize Kerry King has always been the promoter for Slayer, which is why so many people associate him with the band more then any of the other members.

Hanneman has always been the one writing the music, up until Diabolus when Araya got involved as well, but from Diabolus to present Hanneman has been uninvolved in composing any Slayer songs, period.

King is not a great musician, he admits it in multiple interviews. He's just got a metal image that he's created for himself and happens to know how to make a lot of noise on a guitar. ::animatedlaugh

Slayer have been shit since Diabolus, I remember when Divine INtervention first came out everyone slammed that too, now their albums have gotten so lack luster that people accept Divine Intervention as a good record.

Seasons In The Abyss was the last album that held true to the signature sound that got Slayer so popular in the 80's IMO.

Practice safe sex, go fuck yourself.

It's magic!!! ::surprise
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 07:06:00 pm »

DirtyBlackSocks said: You guys need to realize Kerry King has always been the promoter for Slayer, which is why so many people associate him with the band more then any of the other members.

Hanneman has always been the one writing the music, up until Diabolus when Araya got involved as well, but from Diabolus to present Hanneman has been uninvolved in composing any Slayer songs, period.

King is not a great musician, he admits it in multiple interviews. He's just got a metal image that he's created for himself and happens to know how to make a lot of noise on a guitar. ::animatedlaugh

Slayer have been shit since Diabolus, I remember when Divine INtervention first came out everyone slammed that too, now their albums have gotten so lack luster that people accept Divine Intervention as a good record.

Seasons In The Abyss was the last album that held true to the signature sound that got Slayer so popular in the 80's IMO.

Again, I just care about the music... the music is fantastic.

DirtyBlackSocks

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 07:09:27 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
DirtyBlackSocks said: You guys need to realize Kerry King has always been the promoter for Slayer, which is why so many people associate him with the band more then any of the other members.

That all has to do with the music, though?

irrigator58

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 07:12:21 pm »

While I don't like Slayer, but do like black metal.......I agree somewhat

I think they should stop worrying about how evil they are and shit like that.

But he is seriously stereotyping, saying that " you have to kill someone to imporve your music skills"

How many times have a black metal band done that...once? twice? I'm not saying it's ok to kill but you get my point

But I think slayer sucks anyways so his opinion is not valid

Amon Amarth - November 28
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 07:12:38 pm »

DirtyBlackSocks said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Those are the technical details. What I mean by the music is when I put on a CD and listen to it. I don't care what others say about it, or even the band members. I'm the judge of everything to do with the final product, because I am a fan.

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 07:14:02 pm »

irrigator58 said: While I don't like Slayer, but do like black metal.......I agree somewhat

But he is seriously stereotyping, saying that " you have to kill someone to imporve your music skills"

How many times have a black metal band done that...once? twice? I'm not saying it's ok to kill but you get my point

I love Slayer and agree that Kerry's opinion is nothing but jaded. True, many black metal bands try to hard to "live the image," but you'll find that everywhere.

DirtyBlackSocks

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 07:14:17 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
DirtyBlackSocks said:
CannibalCorpse said:

Those are the technical details. What I mean by the music is when I put on a CD and listen to it. I don't care what others say about it, or even the band members. I'm the judge of everything to do with the final product, because I am a fan.

That's all good and fine.

I was just trying to point out that Hanneman needs to bring the thrash back to Slayer. ::sinister

Atrium_Carceri

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 07:15:55 pm »

I don't know about the new album. Shit nowadays are just dragging. I agree that Jeff Hanneman needs to pick up his feet. King is good but he's talking about a whole different genre here. :/
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:19 pm »

I don't get it. A lot of you raved on about slayer numerous times and then he slams NBM all of a sudden Kerry King is a fat piece of shit. Read between the lines, he was saying the image is shit not the music.

Btw Slayer has kept it real as they can for being as mainstream as they have been for quite sometime. At least they didnt take the Ozzy and Metallica root.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:29 pm »

DirtyBlackSocks said:

CannibalCorpse said:

DirtyBlackSocks said:

CannibalCorpse said:

That's all good and fine.

I was just trying to point out that Hanneman needs to bring the thrash back to Slayer. ::sinister

Christ Illusion was a great record. Not the best, but outstanding nonetheless.

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:32 pm »

route
DirtyBlackSocks

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:49 pm »

Best thrash album to come out in a while is Exodus - Shovel Head Kill Machine, other then that I haven't heard anything worth a shit lately out of the old school bands.

The new Sepultura almost did it, asme for the new Megadeth.

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 07:18:57 pm »

irrigator58 said: While I don't like Slayer, but do like black metal.......I agree somewhat

Slayers the reason why a lot of those Black metal bands you love are around. Well thanks to slayer, possessed, and others. But Slayer does not suck and least they don't have some fag playing the keyboards trying to make "evil sounds" in the background which is highly annoying and corny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: