HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kerry king slams norwegian black metal  (Read 13009 times)
teh_d00d

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 05, 2007, 01:57:47 pm »

your_worst_nightmare said:
Mc101proof said: Which ones??::animatedsmile

seasons of the abyss, god hates us all, and reign in blood

Heh, that's kind of funny.  You hate all the Slayer albums you own, but you only own the worst three.

Your problems are utterly alien to me.  It's like a bear complaining to a shark that its knees hurt.
your_worst_nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 05, 2007, 01:58:38 pm »

teh_d00d said:

Heh, that's kind of funny.  You hate all the Slayer albums you own, but you only own the worst three.

lol

melodeath  metal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ozzy lovers
Mc101proof

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 05, 2007, 02:03:19 pm »

Reign in blood and Seasons are two of my favorite.

Winsiferun

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 05, 2007, 02:04:29 pm »

teh_d00d said:

No, he only owns 1 of their worst ones, he owns 2 of their best cd's and 2 of the best cd's in metal period.

Gigantour - May 1st @ the JLC London,ON.

BattleSoul
Mc101proof

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 05, 2007, 02:07:21 pm »

Slayer was one of thoes bands i didnt like at first, and like 4 years later  i realized what  i was missing and fell in love with them.

Mc101proof

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 05, 2007, 02:09:52 pm »

just give the man sometime.  Hes still kind of young.   Same age as me.     Once he gets more into evil satanic lyrics, and more violence he'll turn for the better.

He just needs to go to a few more of thier shows and get in some fights with some skin heads that think thier tough shit.  like i do!!

teh_d00d

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 05, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »

Winsiferun said:
teh_d00d said:

No, he only owns 1 of their worst ones, he owns 2 of their best cd's and 2 of the best cd's in metal period.

Pffffft, not even.  Slayer is so very overrated.  They have some decent albums, but certainly nothing like "the best cds in metal period."
Show No Mercy is Killer tho.

Your problems are utterly alien to me.  It's like a bear complaining to a shark that its knees hurt.
Winsiferun

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 05, 2007, 02:16:50 pm »

In your opinion maybe, but most people believe they are 2 of the best cd's ever recorded in metal. Not saying they are the 2 best but they are defiantly up there. Overrated, yes they are, but you can't argue that they were one of the greatest metal bands around in 1986. - 1990

BattleSoul
Mc101proof

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 05, 2007, 02:18:26 pm »

And still playing and ripping shit today

teh_d00d

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 05, 2007, 02:23:42 pm »

Winsiferun said: In your opinion maybe, but most people believe they are 2 of the best cd's ever recorded in metal. Not saying they are the 2 best but they are defiantly up there. Overrated, yes they are, but you can't argue that they were one of the greatest metal bands around in 1986. - 1990

Yeah, I totally can.  There are better genres, and better acts in thrash itself, than Slayer could hope to be.  They just got popular, and popularity is not a sign of a great band.
No, before you guys accuse me of only liking non-popular bands, that's not the case.  I love Iron Maiden, for example.  But Slayer is just one that got popular with the kids who could say they listened to Slayer and therefore were metal fans, when Slayer was the only band they could name.

Winsiferun

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 05, 2007, 02:34:22 pm »

teh_d00d said:

Winsiferun said: In your opinion maybe, but most people believe they are 2 of the best cd's ever recorded in metal. Not saying they are the 2 best but they are defiantly up there. Overrated, yes they are, but you can't argue that they were one of the greatest metal bands around in 1986. - 1990

Yeah, I totally can.  There are better genres, and better acts in thrash itself, than Slayer could hope to be.  They just got popular, and popularity is not a sign of a great band.
No, before you guys accuse me of only liking non-popular bands, that's not the case.  I love Iron Maiden, for example.  But Slayer is just one that got popular with the kids who could say they listened to Slayer and therefore were metal fans, when Slayer was the only band they could name.
Sure there were a few metal bands that were better than Slayer then, but not many..and they didn't get popular because their music started getting shitty, they got popular becasue they created one of the greatest metal albums ever. But kids these days, I do agree, think that if they like Slayer that they are a trOO metal heads. And yes, recently they have gotten even more popular and have been making shitty cd's. But you probably weren't around in the late 80's era anyway so you really wouldn't have any idea why people liked Slayer back then, it was because of the music they made not because of the more popular music they made. Most of those people don't care to listen to Slayer anymore because of the direction the band went into, Like me, I don't listen to Slayer much anymore but I do throw on Reign In Blood and Seasons every once in a while.

BattleSoul
Mc101proof

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 05, 2007, 02:53:33 pm »

I like Christ Illusion, I think its thier best album since Seasons.   So i dont think they have been making shitty cd's.

Winsiferun

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 05, 2007, 02:55:40 pm »

Mc101proof said: I like Christ Illusion, I think its thier best album since Seasons.   So i dont think they have been making shitty cd's.
It's ok at best, still not the Slayer of old. But it is better than God Hates Us All.

BattleSoul
« Reply #373 on: July 05, 2007, 03:33:54 pm »

Circle of beliefs
Secrets never keep
Living in a lie
Right before your eyes
Born without a brain
Helpless is your name
All you do is pray
Living is your pain

best chorus to a thrash song, ever.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Up