HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Information for Ozzfest at the Gorge Ampitheater  (Read 8976 times)
chiefs20167

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2007, 09:01:39 pm »

Hey all. I've been checking out this site and the forum and thought I would give you some information about the Gorge. I have alot of information that you may like to know. How do you ask? I work security there. I've worked there for 13 seasons, in the amphitheater, in the campground, and the parking lot. I've even gone to a few shows as a patron myself. If there is something here that doesn't quit cover your questions, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.

First, do you guys know that when you arrive at the Gorge you be charged $20 to park in the lot? It's true. I guess they have to make money somewhere since it's a free show.

So I would suggest you leave earlier than you normally would to get there. The lines and wait may be a bit of a pain in the ass.

Trust me when I say that I hope your wait isn't that long. That means that I don't have to stand in the Gorge heat.

In the lot there is no drinking from open containers (bottles or cans). You can have alcohol in the lot as long as it's in a cup.

OK, so you don't want to park in the lot and you just want to go up to the campground. It's $40 a night. The show is Sat night at the Gorge. So if you get there Fri night you would pay $80.

Too steep you say. There are campsites at Vantage along I-90 and Getty's Cove. I don't know their costs.

What can you bring in to the show? Soft sided coolers only (no Styrofoam). No glass, no cans. Soda, water, Gatorade, etc as long as there is still the factory seal. No professional (removable lens) cameras, no audio recording. Food, blankets, jackets, extra cloths are OK.

Extra cloths and a blanket you ask. It does at time get cold when the sun goes down. And if the wind is blowing it's normally coming up from the Columbia River and it's chilly at night.

Rules/regulations in campground are all basically safety issues. We're in the desert and it's dry. No firearms or weapons of any kind. No fireworks, wood fires, open fires or fire pits. No underage drinking or minor in possession of alcohol. No illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia. No large parties, kegs or binge drinking devices. Quiet time is observed between 2:00 am and 7:00 am.

Bring a tent or camper, warm cloths, plenty of water and food.

There is a Guest Service desk inside the amphitheater if you have lost something. Lost items found at the end of the night are brought up to the campground after the show and the amphitheater is clear of people.

Enjoy your trip, your stay at the Gorge, and the show.

::sinister
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 09:05:32 pm »

Ive heard the campgrounds really suck & the facilitys are lacking !
chiefs20167

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 09:29:28 pm »

metalmonster said: Ive heard the campgrounds really suck & the facilitys are lacking !

I neve said the campground was the best out there.  The lines for the showers are huge when there's a big show.  Prices at the camp store are high.  Some say we are too hard on the rules.  

The campground itself use to be a farm and the irrigation system and sprinkler are still there.  There are rutts in the ground.

It's not perfect.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 09:32:59 pm »

Sounds kinda trashy & cut throat. No offense
xxtigereyes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 09:33:36 pm »

but where else can you meet thousands of people who like to party as much as you do as long as your not tearing the place apart and being descrete about you illegal choice of intertainment you will not be bothered you also have the choice if you dont want to be out in the crowd you can also choose premier camping which is off limits to regular campers they have flushing toilets and there own showers you can go out in to the general camping and party then go back to your campsite where you should get a qiueter nights sleep
xxtigereyes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 09:36:51 pm »

you also have the choice to stay at a near by campground where you pay to camp then drive to the show pay to park and then have to drive back but if you stay at the campground at the gorge you walk to the show and walk back and it doesnt cost you anything extra like gas or parking
chiefs20167

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 09:37:47 pm »

metalmonster said: Sounds kinda trashy & cut throat. No offense

No offense taken.  I just work security there.  I don't claim to like the conditions or the price patrons have to pay.  You would think that an ampitheater that's been voted the best in the country for many years in a row would have better accomendations.

The strictness of the rules is just to ensure a safe and enjoyable enviornment while giving patrons a place to rlax and party after a show.  

I remember when I first started.  It wasn't as bad.  But over the years things have gotten tighter due to some other people.
xxtigereyes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 09:41:07 pm »

i work strictly in the campground and the security is only a problem if you make yourself stand out if you go in to your tent and do you illegal party favors dont light off fire works and dont blow up the porta jons then you will be fine but if you make your self known then you will have to deal with security
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 09:44:14 pm »

"Too steep you say. There are campsites at Vantage along I-90 and Getty's Cove. I don't know their costs."

That's where i am staying and it's cheaper, nicer, only 13 miles away. It's 30 bucks for two people and then 15 bucks each additional person. I would rather stay there so i can do my drugs in peace hahaha
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 09:44:52 pm »

Which is pot and maybe a little bit of coca but who cares it's a metal concert there will be so much shit there it won't even be classy
xxtigereyes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 09:45:40 pm »

yes but remember on top of your camping fees in gettys cove you will also have to pay 20 to park in the parking lot at the show
xxtigereyes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 09:46:22 pm »

for this show parking is not free
xxtigereyes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 09:49:40 pm »

oh and camping at the gorge is 40$ a night no matter how many people you have in your car
chiefs20167

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 09:53:35 pm »

Mordecia said: "Too steep you say. There are campsites at Vantage along I-90 and Getty's Cove. I don't know their costs."

That's where i am staying and it's cheaper, nicer, only 13 miles away. It's 30 bucks for two people and then 15 bucks each additional person. I would rather stay there so i can do my drugs in peace hahaha

Whatever your drugs of choice are I only ask one thing.  You have a good time and remember that good time instead of forgetting like many others do.  hehehaha  Ok, another thing to ask, drive careful.

15 bucks each additional person after the first two.  Ok.  I've seen vehicles that come to the Gorge with 6 people shoved in.  That would be spendy there.

Evjoy!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 09:55:29 pm »

xxtigereyes said: yes but remember on top of your camping fees in gettys cove you will also have to pay 20 to park in the parking lot at the show

I won't be parking at ozzfest, I have another friend who's going who will be watching the camp site and dropping us off in my car. He just wants to go camping and hates metal, so it works out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: