HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Information for Ozzfest at the Gorge Ampitheater  (Read 8452 times)
xxtigereyes
New Member
*
Posts: 75



View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 09:55:37 pm »

we dont care what drugs you do as long as we dont have to see it or deal with any negative out comes from you doing it like fights or overdosing so to anyone who is staying at the gorge what ever your drug of choice may be keep out of sight and undercontroll and youwill have no problems
Logged
xxtigereyes
New Member
*
Posts: 75



View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 09:56:15 pm »

right on then i hope you enjoy the show
Logged
Guest
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 09:57:04 pm »

Quote

chiefs20167 said:
Quote

Mordecia said: "Too steep you say. There are campsites at Vantage along I-90 and Getty's Cove. I don't know their costs."

That's where i am staying and it's cheaper, nicer, only 13 miles away. It's 30 bucks for two people and then 15 bucks each additional person. I would rather stay there so i can do my drugs in peace hahaha


Whatever your drugs of choice are I only ask one thing.  You have a good time and remember that good time instead of forgetting like many others do.  hehehaha  Ok, another thing to ask, drive careful.

15 bucks each additional person after the first two.  Ok.  I've seen vehicles that come to the Gorge with 6 people shoved in.  That would be spendy there.

Evjoy!!!


Are they going to let me take my lighter and cigarettes inside?
Logged
xxtigereyes
New Member
*
Posts: 75



View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 10:01:06 pm »

yes they will let you take in lighter and smokes they do a search at the front gates so becarefull where you put you party favors
Logged
chiefs20167
New Member
*
Posts: 58



View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »

Lighter and cigarettes are fine.  Just to let you know they do a search before you go in.  

Don't do what some people have done before and put your joints in your cigarette box.  Put it somewhere they won't find it.  Enjoy it, but don't do it where people can see you.  

If a pipe is used, hide it good and don't use it where you can be seen.

Enjoy the show and weekend.  Let your ride know that he/she will have to be back if he/she is picking you up before the traffic cones are set for after the show.  We set up traffic for the out about an hour before the show ends.  Once the cones are set noone is let into the lot.
Logged
Guest
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 10:22:25 pm »

Quote

Mordecia said: "Too steep you say. There are campsites at Vantage along I-90 and Getty's Cove. I don't know their costs."

That's where i am staying and it's cheaper, nicer, only 13 miles away. It's 30 bucks for two people and then 15 bucks each additional person. I would rather stay there so i can do my drugs in peace hahaha
just to let you know its gonna take you a few hours to get out of your camp site and get to the gorge because of all the cars thats why i like gorge camping better you just walk to the show
Logged
captainofcrunch
New Member
*
Posts: 77



View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2007, 10:27:40 pm »

first of all id like to say thanks to chiefs20167 for the great post, and arguably the most informative thread thats EVER been posted on this board.  secondly, i can say that i am a true gorge veteran and have been there over 40 times .  i think i can help round-out this conversation from the perspective of the fan.

as far as camping goes.  the gorge campground is THE BEST choice, by far.


this person knows what theyre talking about:

Quote

xxtigereyes said: but where else can you meet thousands of people who like to party as much as you do as long as your not tearing the place apart and being descrete about you illegal choice of intertainment you will not be bothered you also have the choice if you dont want to be out in the crowd you can also choose premier camping which is off limits to regular campers they have flushing toilets and there own showers you can go out in to the general camping and party then go back to your campsite where you should get a qiueter nights sleep



this person is missing the point. (and the party):

Quote

Mordecia said: "Too steep you say. There are campsites at Vantage along I-90 and Getty's Cove. I don't know their costs."

That's where i am staying and it's cheaper, nicer, only 13 miles away. It's 30 bucks for two people and then 15 bucks each additional person. I would rather stay there so i can do my drugs in peace hahaha


having said that, the main reason the gorge camp is the best is :

1)  you dont have to drive from the campground to the show (you can walk, or stumble)

2)  it will likely be the biggest party youve ever been to.  if you think the fees are too high, just think of it as cover charge for a party with 5,000 to 10,000 people.

3)  the gorge camp completes the "gorge experience".  (youll understand this later)


as far as "party favors" go, there has always been one unwritten rule at the gorge camp- "out of sight, out of mind"  the only reason you get caught is because either youre dumb, or youre trying to sell (not a good idea.....undercover...cough cough....)  gorge security is usually more focused on underage drinking and violence/property damage. (correct me if im wrong chief)

BRING SUNBLOCK and a canopy or shade.  also bring a shitload of water.  

i always try to get to know my neighbor and that usually pays off.  ive met hundreds of awesome people in the camp and ive spent many nights where ive shook so many hands, that my hand smelled.  if youre going to ozzfest at the gorge this year, and YOU DONT camp at the gorge camp then youre wasting time and energy and youre missing the REAL party.

if you have a question about the gorge, i can help.

(PS-  chiefs20167:  you should PM me, id love to share gorge stories with you)




::looking::looking
Logged
chiefs20167
New Member
*
Posts: 58



View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 10:43:40 pm »

captainofcrunch yes it's true about the underage drinking and voilence it's only the ones who don't think who we catch with the party favors.  Sell favors means trouble.  Use favors without problems means fun.  Over doing the favors or alcohol and getting into trouble or needing medical attention are the parts that tend to get people noticed.

I just want people to go have fun and make my job easier.  I could get in trouble for what I've said here.  But oh well.  I'm sure I'll see plenty of people who don't think what I'm saying is worth remembering.
Logged
captainofcrunch
New Member
*
Posts: 77



View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 12:25:14 pm »

Quote

chiefs20167 said: captainofcrunch yes it's true about the underage drinking and voilence it's only the ones who don't think who we catch with the party favors.  Sell favors means trouble.  Use favors without problems means fun.  Over doing the favors or alcohol and getting into trouble or needing medical attention are the parts that tend to get people noticed.

I just want people to go have fun and make my job easier.  I could get in trouble for what I've said here.  But oh well.  I'm sure I'll see plenty of people who don't think what I'm saying is worth remembering.



right on.  i cant wait to hear about the aftermath this year......  ::sinister
Logged
FreshlyBaked
New Member
*
Posts: 17



View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 01:20:01 pm »

*listening to Black Rain as I type*

Awesome post!   I have been to the Gorge about five times, twice for Ozzfest.  I do have a couple of questions and a couple comments.

Comments:
The Gorge is one of the top venues in the states to see a show, hands down!  Camping at the Gorge campground is an experience everyone should try at least twice!!  The Biggest party I have been too, can't be beat.

Questions:

1) Rolling into the Gorge campground for the 2002 Ozzfest, everyone's car was searched.  Security literally went through all our belongs, made us pull all our gear out.  Two security people searched my car and one took a portion of our beer and goodies.  The other guard was cool as shit and helped us move along quicker.  

Do they still search cars camping at the Gorge?  
Are we allowed to bring in Alcohol?

If I can't bring in Alcohol then I would be camping elsewhere.  

What other campgrounds are worth staying at?  Mordecia, which one are you staying at?  My buddies want to do some rock climbing near the Gorge, by the Cove perhaps?
Logged
captainofcrunch
New Member
*
Posts: 77



View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 03:26:51 pm »

Quote

FreshlyBaked said: *listening to Black Rain as I type*

Awesome post!   I have been to the Gorge about five times, twice for Ozzfest.  I do have a couple of questions and a couple comments.

Comments:
The Gorge is one of the top venues in the states to see a show, hands down!  Camping at the Gorge campground is an experience everyone should try at least twice!!  The Biggest party I have been too, can't be beat.

Questions:

1) Rolling into the Gorge campground for the 2002 Ozzfest, everyone's car was searched.  Security literally went through all our belongs, made us pull all our gear out.  Two security people searched my car and one took a portion of our beer and goodies.  The other guard was cool as shit and helped us move along quicker.  

Do they still search cars camping at the Gorge?  
Are we allowed to bring in Alcohol?

If I can't bring in Alcohol then I would be camping elsewhere.  

What other campgrounds are worth staying at?  Mordecia, which one are you staying at?  My buddies want to do some rock climbing near the Gorge, by the Cove perhaps?


a:

they havent searched cars for the past 3 years at least.  alcohol is allowed just like the good ol days.  it was like this earlier this year and i dont see why they would change it, but i wouldnt put it passed them to fuck with the metalheads.  if anything, be smart, and dont put all your eggs in one basket.... ::laugh
Logged
FreshlyBaked
New Member
*
Posts: 17



View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 04:13:49 pm »

Thanks CoC ... great egg advice, so true.
Logged
moosejuice
New Member
*
Posts: 2797



View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 04:23:56 pm »

thanx for the info
Logged
Guest
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 04:31:20 pm »

Quote

FreshlyBaked said: *listening to Black Rain as I type*

Awesome post!   I have been to the Gorge about five times, twice for Ozzfest.  I do have a couple of questions and a couple comments.

Comments:
The Gorge is one of the top venues in the states to see a show, hands down!  Camping at the Gorge campground is an experience everyone should try at least twice!!  The Biggest party I have been too, can't be beat.

Questions:

1) Rolling into the Gorge campground for the 2002 Ozzfest, everyone's car was searched.  Security literally went through all our belongs, made us pull all our gear out.  Two security people searched my car and one took a portion of our beer and goodies.  The other guard was cool as shit and helped us move along quicker.  

Do they still search cars camping at the Gorge?  
Are we allowed to bring in Alcohol?

If I can't bring in Alcohol then I would be camping elsewhere.  

What other campgrounds are worth staying at?  Mordecia, which one are you staying at?  My buddies want to do some rock climbing near the Gorge, by the Cove perhaps?
that year i hide my half gallon of crown in my sleeping bag, we had so much shit packed in our suburban they didnt even want to start pulling all the shit out. they looked at it all and said go ahead. but they did get a mixer out of are ice chess
Logged
xxtigereyes
New Member
*
Posts: 75



View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 04:34:59 pm »

we are not doing car searches this year as far as i know right now and yes alcohol is aloud this year
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
WEBSITE & CONTENTS © DIVINE RECORDINGS.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Websites for Music Festivals