HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes Slipknot different from every other Nu-metal band?  (Read 1052 times)
SlaytanicCFH
Community

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 03:26:34 pm »

Stone sour is actually better than Slipknot.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 03:27:47 pm »

I'm a fan of Slipknot i like all their old shit but VOl 3 was one of the worst albums i've ever bought they went down hill fast
byebye

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 03:28:32 pm »

What makes them different from other Alternative Metal bands? Their music. That's what... And I LOVED Subliminal Versus,  perhaps their best work to date. They got better with each album.
eX_lax

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 03:29:23 pm »

LoweDownDirty1 said: the difference is they have 5 extra assclowns that make shitty music
well put

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 03:30:19 pm »

damned if i know
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 06:45:32 pm »

LoweDownDirty1 said: the difference is they have 5 extra assclowns that make shitty music

No really they actually keep the music from being completly redundant and boring. Your post holds no intelligence and you're just another assclown with an opinion but nothing to back it up
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 06:46:43 pm »

Fafoo13 said: Clown. Banging. On. Trashcans.

That is all.

A clown and another guy with a big pointy nose banging on two toms, picklo snare, and another regular snare. It's not trashcans there kegs.
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 06:48:12 pm »

teh_d00d said: I don't hate them for their success.  If they can eat by playing the crap they do, then great.  I hate them because they (and more especially, their fans) claim they have some sort of right to the crown called "metal" when they, in fact, need 9 members to make a sound less than half as heavy as your average 4 or 5 member outfit in actual metal.  They (fans mostly here) also do some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen, and all in all give fans of ACTUAL metal a bad name.  It has nothing to do with that I dislike the band honestly... it's that they claim to be what they are not, and make people like me look bad in the eyes of anyone who might potentially be a fan of metal.  Slipknot is, simply put, an embarrassment.  It's like if some crazy dude kills a baby, then claims "Satan made me do it..."  then in the eyes of the public, all Satanists are baby killers, when that is actually very very far from the truth.

I don't even know where to start with this post, it's all just retarded considering they never claimed to satanic baby killers and i already agreed the fans killed the music, so come back when you're more intelligent and have more conviction in your post.
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 06:48:43 pm »

hansard1985 said: Well you had me at "I am by no means or ever claimed to be "a maggot" and don't dress up in masks for their concerts like F.O.F. does for a star trek convention." and then you lost me at "In Slipknots case it does! It's nine people blending different influence of metal genres that each member has added to tie a "slipknot" of one sound together, hence the name Slipknot."

Sober up and ready it again.
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 06:49:00 pm »

"read"
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 06:50:20 pm »

xJisatsuxIkkoux said: Who cares how different they are? They still fucking suck.

I care and so do the people who have enjoyed Slipknot then have to read posts by you fucktards who can only say they "suck" but not back it up with anything but "CLOWNS BANGING ON TRASHCANS, IT MAKES NO SENSE, GRRR WHERE'S MY CORPSE PAINT??"
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 06:53:58 pm »

dethklok66623 said: ive been waiting to long for the new cd. And as i said in other threads i grew out of slipknot and found much better bands Amon amarth,Arch enemy, Behemoth, NIle,Wintersun,Hatebreed,Cannibal corpse you get the picture but im just trying to say that i wouldnt be suprised if they NEVER release a new cd because it was suppose to come out a LONG time ago. Corey and that monster of a dude jim root are happy in stone sour. Stone sour is very fucking succesful. I really wouldnt be suprised if slipknot broke up because having 9 members is too much and the "ASS CLOWNS" that play garbage cans or tom toms are really NOT needed in the least fucking bit. Bands break up when there is only 5 or 4 members so 9? im suprised they made it this far.

The two other persussionist put in ghost notes and fills where Joey can't, hence adding to the music and as well the live show. I listen to the same "death metal" bands you do, so there's no need for name dropping and if you ask me Slipknot has more substance in their songs than Hatebreed who's albums are usually redundant "aaaaaaaaah PERSAVERANCE" or "AAAAAAAAH I WILL BE HEARD".
nazcapilot

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 07:24:31 pm »

Slipknot is by far the heaviest and technically adept of all the "nu-metal" bands.

Wartooth

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 07:35:34 pm »

just because 9 members can play together in time doesnt make them talented in the least, it only means they practiced together for a few days.  I seriously doubt you play an instrument or you would be able to tell how painfully simple slipknot is. Not to mention slipknot purposely appeals to the hot topic crowd by writing nonsensical songs about satan and and a poor attempt at the occult.  The masks make them seem demonic and 13 year old wannabe goths looking to shock their parents feed off their image.  

slipknot is just another manufactured band with zero talent. It is a record company responding the the changing teenage angst and thats all slipknot can ever hope to be.

nazcapilot

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 07:38:16 pm »

Wartooth said: just because 9 members can play together in time doesnt make them talented in the least, it only means they practiced together for a few days.  I seriously doubt you play an instrument or you would be able to tell how painfully simple slipknot is. Not to mention slipknot purposely appeals to the hot topic crowd by writing nonsensical songs about satan and and a poor attempt at the occult.  The masks make them seem demonic and 13 year old wannabe goths looking to shock their parents feed off their image.  

slipknot is just another manufactured band with zero talent. It is a record company responding the the changing teenage angst and thats all slipknot can ever hope to be.

Wow, you know absolutely nothing, since you can't even understand the lyrics, IMO I think that you should STFU.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: