HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOTU  (Read 2428 times)
boXed

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2007, 11:43:31 pm »

omfg i just got home from SOTU at time warner ampitheaor in cleveland and it was one of the most bad ass shows ive ever been to seriously check this tour out...most of the starting bands suck way to bitch screamy but Amon Amarth was killer, Shadows Fall ripped the roof off the place and had the biggest circle  pit all night Chimaira fucking killed and gwar was amazing i crowd surfed to the 2nd row covered in fake piss blood and what ever else then mushroomhead came out and the whole place was a huge pit like we went crazy im so beat up right now lol but my ears are still ringing and im fucking stoked everyone who gets a chance to go to this GO seriously

93% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are part of the 7% of people that still listens to good music, put this in your signature.
hvymtlmom
Community

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2007, 03:51:20 pm »

There's  video on youtube of the Cleveland show when J. Mann came out and sang with Mushroomhead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SndOfBh6VM

Must have been awesome to witness that live ::sinister

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2007, 11:07:34 pm »

I'm not sure on the order, other than the good bands are getting screwed over in the line-up.

Miles19355

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2007, 12:46:05 pm »

Went on friday at the eagles club.. The shitty thing was that it was on 2 stages. Necro, Shadows falls, Everytime I die, Chimaira and GWAR were in the eagles ballroom.. and everyone else was downstairs at the rave, which kinda sucked. I wanted to see GWAR so I stayed by the eagles ballroom to get up close for them, so I only saw The acacia strain in the rave. I did get a SOTU shirt though, which was only 20$. I got autographs from Everytime I die and Chimaira who were signing at the booth. I got a poster for a 1$ so its a cool thing to have a signed. As far as the music goes, NECRO was fucking terrible I couldnt guess why the fuck he was on this show. Ive never seen a person get that much ice thrown at them...

Shadows fall was alright, I was front row center for the whole ballroom part, so it was painful. Im not much into shadows fall but the singer did a flip into the crowd, and ended up losing his shoe... They were alright.

Everytime I die- I like ETID, but I couldnt hear the vocals at all.. and they didnt play L'astronaut, but they did play the new black, so I was happy.

Chimaira- Their bass player had a death in the family, so they had to have a couple other bass players during their set... The first one was BEEFCAKE THE MIGHTY from gwar, in just normal clothes, to that was cool. The next was the guy from shadows fall. The 3rd was the fatter guitar player from everytime I die, and the 4th was some roadie I guess.. Their set was alright, i managed to get like.. 3 picks, they threw like an entire package of them in to the crowd.

GWAR- being front row center made this so cool, I was directly infront of where oderus was the whole time on his little platform. I got fucking covered in fake blood, fake piss and some blue stuff. The theatrics included...

Mr. Lordi's head
The VT killer
Some long armed guy
Some random guy strapped to a board
SATAN
and a dinousaur

At the end oderus fought satan, and was killed by the dinosaur, good stuff... As far as songs, the only ones I remember were - Womb with a view, Go to Hell!, Tormentor and eight lock... But with stupid fucking crowd surfers, being squished,and being covered in liquids, it was hard to notice the song..

Overall- Gwar was fun.. but I didnt really like any of the other bands, but for gwar, it was worth it.
hellspawn2389

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2007, 04:38:39 pm »

my brother went today mainly to see amon armoth gwar job for a cowboy and the one he mainy wanted to see is mushroomhead and goatwhore I didn't go because I don't like most of those bands
behnwilson

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2007, 03:24:55 am »

I dont know all the merch.  prices but the two bands I liked the most were Amon Amarth and Goatwhore and what they had were;

Goatwhore-Shirts were $15 or $20 and girls tank tops were $15.  They had shot glasses for $10 and belt buckles for $20.   Amon Amarth same deal on the shirts, outside of their new cd, I dont remember any other merchandise.  (I bought Amon tshirt & Goatwhore tank top for gf, I already had Goatwhore tshirt)

I remember booths from 2 other bands I like, Shadows Falls & Chimaira had $20 tshirts, didnt really like any of their current ones, SF used to have some really cool shirts.  SF had a $40 jersey and $70 hoody.

Im not an autograph person and didnt go for any but it looked like they were all for free.  Only big name band not doing the meet and greet was SF.
Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2007, 03:32:39 am »

Louisville at Waverly Hills will be the most epic I predict. A Haunted TB asylum, and not to mention it is the last show of the tour. I am counting down the days. ::sinister

El_AtHrO

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2007, 11:07:14 pm »

wait mushroomhead is playing at sanjose?
boXed

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 11:26:15 pm »

hvymtlmom said: There's  video on youtube of the Cleveland show when J. Mann came out and sang with Mushroomhead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SndOfBh6VM

Must have been awesome to witness that live ::sinister

No lie i was like in the second row like touching the stage i could just about touch waylon lol it was so kick ass to see that that close...omg seriously priceless...BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ELSE THERES VIDEOS OR EVEN PICTURES FROM THE CLEVELAND SHOW!!? i wanna see me lol

93% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are part of the 7% of people that still listens to good music, put this in your signature.
KyleKhaos

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2007, 11:46:25 pm »

I went to the one in chicago... and hottopic was there with a line up... but then the line up didnt even match up with wat they played... i got there as doors opened... and it sucked... i dont think i could go that long listening to hardcore screaming anymore... but hey it was worth it... i got to see Mushroomhead.. =]

but yah the line up changes all the time...
KyleKhaos

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2007, 11:49:22 pm »

Oh yah and i almost got in a fight with a fat guy from necro... becuz its rap... and rap = C-RAP in my world... and everyone was throwing water bottles at them... they all got hit in the head like 10000x times... so yah it was a pretty great show.... lol::finger
hvymtlmom
Community

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 11:20:01 am »

KyleKhaos said:

but yah the line up changes all the time...

The line up for each show is on the SOTU website

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: