HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A7X Playing Walk....  (Read 22574 times)
SlaytanicCFH
Community

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2007, 04:27:26 pm »

avenged_bodom said: well if you listen to their studio version of walk they played it perfectly especially the solo. vinnie was also very pleased that they covered walk and said they did a very good job on it! so that has to mean something

you can alter shit in a studio

avenged_bodom

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2007, 02:00:16 am »

SlaytanicCFH said:
avenged_bodom said: well if you listen to their studio version of walk they played it perfectly especially the solo. vinnie was also very pleased that they covered walk and said they did a very good job on it! so that has to mean something

definately you can. but it was flawless when i heard it at ozzfest as well and not one person their booed them during that song. everyone cheered their fucking heads off and i mean everyone even the a7x haters man

Avenged Sevenfold
party like a rockstar
A7X_RULES

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2007, 09:40:10 pm »

avenged_bodom said:

SlaytanicCFH said:

definately you can. but it was flawless when i heard it at ozzfest as well and not one person their booed them during that song. everyone cheered their fucking heads off and i mean everyone even the a7x haters man

yea i was at ozzfest last year and thought they kicked ass...them playing walk was what actually got me into them in the first place...now i cant get enough of them
SlaytanicCFH
Community

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2007, 11:43:27 am »

CannibalCorpse said: Pantera doesn't deserve to be put down like that.

SlaytanicCFH
Community

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2007, 11:46:51 am »

jimbob232 said:

punkrocksavior said: It's not that bad it sound pretty much the same as the original im sure you wouldn't be bashing them if they hadn't gotten some main stream success and if pantera was still playing A7X would totally be on tour with you can't deny that . I do however do not like the fact that M. Shadows doesn't scream like he used to on the first 2 A7X albums but over all their very gifted musicians even if you don't like them, you probaly wish you had the skills they have but thats my opinion every one has on just like bum holes.

No, do not go blaming the hate on mainstream success. That argument does NOT work. Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest are all pretty fucking successful.  It's an insult that you thought it sounded the same as the original. Sure, Walk isn't exactly a tough metal song to nail musically, but M. Shadows is a fucking terrible vocalist and the band doesn't have the metal attitude that the song embodies.

I played the original Pantera version for my younger brother, than showed him a video of A7X playing it. He said to me, in these exact words "Phil Anselmo makes that singer from A7X sound like a chick."

avenged_bodom

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2007, 02:43:51 am »

right..

Avenged Sevenfold
party like a rockstar
Creator_1

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2007, 12:41:46 pm »

I once heard someone sing Walk at a Karoake bar one time.  I thought they brought it with them but when I looked for a book to see if it was in it, sure enough there it was.  It was sung by a college girl who had just sung Pink about getting a party started?!? WTF?  I don't know which is worse..............

that_one_guy_nick

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2007, 07:23:37 pm »

I don't care how well they played walk
Its still stupid that they did
They were most likely one of the most hated band there
They did that to get more people to get into them

Fucking assholes
SlaytanicCFH
Community

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2007, 07:26:18 pm »

cynamyngyrl said: I once heard someone sing Walk at a Karoake bar one time.  I thought they brought it with them but when I looked for a book to see if it was in it, sure enough there it was.  It was sung by a college girl who had just sung Pink about getting a party started?!? WTF?  I don't know which is worse..............

You  should have killed her

iluvA7XtoDEATH

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2007, 09:22:37 pm »

SlaytanicCFH said:

cynamyngyrl said: I once heard someone sing Walk at a Karoake bar one time.  I thought they brought it with them but when I looked for a book to see if it was in it, sure enough there it was.  It was sung by a college girl who had just sung Pink about getting a party started?!? WTF?  I don't know which is worse..............

You  should have killed her

why this is used to be compared to a7x i have no fucking clue......? ::confused

devilmusik

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2007, 09:30:15 pm »

i thought they were just showing respect to a band they admire
iluvA7XtoDEATH

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2007, 09:37:56 pm »

devilmusik said: i thought they were just showing respect to a band they admire

that is EXACTLY what they were doing...and i love em for it

static

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2007, 09:54:15 pm »

I also dislike the fact that Trivium has covered Metallica, Pantera, and Iron Maiden.  They totally don't deserve to.
devilmusik

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2007, 09:58:43 pm »

i think they are just showing respect to bands they like

that's all
avenged_bodom

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2007, 02:06:31 am »

devilmusik said: i think they are just showing respect to bands they like

that's all

true

Avenged Sevenfold