HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post-Rock  (Read 1229 times)
Bizarre_Reverend

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:27:29 pm »

So I don't hear many people talking about this genre nor of any bands associated with it. Which is a bit sad as the music in the vast majority of cases is just superb. So here it is, a chance to speak out about bands like Yndi Halda, If These Trees Could Talk, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mono, etc.

Mostly, this is just an attempt to find fans of the forementioned bands and others. And to give recommendations to those who may be interested in this amazing genre.

Quorthon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ozzy

Runenkraft on the old boards.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:29:44 pm »

Hmm... never heard any of those bands.::animatedlaugh

Bizarre_Reverend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:38:42 pm »

All of the one's I've mentioned are absolutely amazing. I've been greatly enjoying Yndi Halda's "Enjoy Eternal Bliss" since I first got it. Believe they've got a couple of videos, well clips since all of their songs are over 10mins. on youtube. I know If These Trees Could Talk have two videos up on myspace, one of a track off their album and another of a track that didn't make it onto the album.

If you've listened to Isis, then If These Trees Could Talk sounds strikingly similar to their Panopticon type stuff. Excellent music to just sit or lay in bed and listen too.

Smoke Stacks - If These Trees Could Talk

There's a link to one of ITTCT's live vids.

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 04:38:53 pm »

I listen to a little. Specifically Godspeed, Mogwai, Sigur Ros, The Samuel Jackson Five, Red Sparowes, Explosions in the Sky, & (if you consider them post-rock) Pelican

Definitely some relaxing yet intricate music.

Bizarre_Reverend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 05:31:59 pm »

Sigur Ros is one of those bands that just completely evades my attention. And I have no idea why. Definitely need to change that soon. And I'd say that Pelican carries enough post-rock traits to be mentioned. Can't believe I didn't mention Red Sparrowes previously, 'Every Red Heart...' is an amazing album. Almost mentioned Isis, since the music sounds more and more post-rockish as of late.

and lol at your 666 total post count. ::animatedlaugh (i miss the old emoticons ;_; )

Maddening_Disdain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 06:57:53 pm »

I used to be really big into post-rock, but I haven't listened in quite a while.  My favorites are Meanwhile, Back in Communist Russia..., A Silver Mt. Zion, Sigur Ros, Efterklang, Russian Circles, and Explosions in the Sky.
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 07:38:07 pm »

Bizarre_Reverend said: Sigur Ros is one of those bands that just completely evades my attention. And I have no idea why. Definitely need to change that soon. And I'd say that Pelican carries enough post-rock traits to be mentioned. Can't believe I didn't mention Red Sparrowes previously, 'Every Red Heart...' is an amazing album. Almost mentioned Isis, since the music sounds more and more post-rockish as of late.

and lol at your 666 total post count. ::animatedlaugh (i miss the old emoticons ;_; )

Was tempted to include Isis also.

And share the sentiments about the old emoticons. ::confused

Scootman1911

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 09:06:47 pm »

I just recently got into post-rock through another forum. Pretty good stuff though
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: