HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMON FREAKING AMARTH  (Read 3311 times)
The_Nameless

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 03:48:38 am »

ive listened to Amon Amarth and they're pretty sick. ::finger

::smile
Metalmancis1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 05:28:35 am »

i agree with miolnir a hundred percent because that is the truth plain and simple and plus it seems every time a band goes big they turn gay.
JuuKun666

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 02:00:45 pm »

Mjolnir said: dammit, I hate it when this happens, I've been a huge fan of Amon Amarth since "The Crusher" album, very rare was it to find anyone that knew who they were until a couple months ago.

it seems like it really destroys alot of bands when this type of thing happens and to find someone that likes them is a dime-a-dozen, like slipknot and lamb of god, Lamb Of God is incredible, slipknot questionable, but they're so popular now people might hear the radio single at that particular time and say "oh slipknot they did duality I fucking love slipknot" then they hear the rest of their music and are like WTF I didn't know they were a metal band" or some shit like that

EVERYONE knows who they are now and they'll just become another mallcore band

I hope they go back to Sweden and don't come back for several years to lose all these gay poser fans that know them simply because they know them from SOTU

Stop. Just...stop.

First off, "WTF I didn't know they were a metal band" related to Slipknot?

They're NOT metal.

End of story.

Second...The elitist "Ugh everyone likes them now so they're going to suck" attitude is just fucking retarded. First off - ever stop to think that the reason Amon Amarth has so many fans now is because they're playing good music? They don't have a "radio single" that is different from their other material, all of their material is good and not radio-friendly...so, that can't be why they're getting fans. Bands don't become mallcore just because everyone likes them - its a style of music, too. I don't foresee Amon Amarth turning into a clone of Disturbed, Slipknot, etc. That's just fucking dumb to even think.

How can you say they're poser fans just because they only know them from SOTU? My first experience with AA was a random show two years ago - I was just getting into metal, and I saw that Amon Amarth, Trivium, and Children of Bodom were playing near me - I had no idea who ANY of them were, because I had seriously just gotten into metal like a month or two prior. I went to the show and came out with AA and CoB as two of my favorite bands - so, in a sense, you could say I only know them because of the Bodom tour. Does that make me a "poser fan".

No.

So, just shut up.

Formerly JuuKun

irrigator58

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 09:23:42 pm »

JuuKun666 said:
Mjolnir said: dammit, I hate it when this happens, I've been a huge fan of Amon Amarth since "The Crusher" album, very rare was it to find anyone that knew who they were until a couple months ago.

it seems like it really destroys alot of bands when this type of thing happens and to find someone that likes them is a dime-a-dozen, like slipknot and lamb of god, Lamb Of God is incredible, slipknot questionable, but they're so popular now people might hear the radio single at that particular time and say "oh slipknot they did duality I fucking love slipknot" then they hear the rest of their music and are like WTF I didn't know they were a metal band" or some shit like that

I hope they go back to Sweden and don't come back for several years to lose all these gay poser fans that know them simply because they know them from SOTU

Stop. Just...stop.

First off, "WTF I didn't know they were a metal band" related to Slipknot?

They're NOT metal.

End of story.

Second...The elitist "Ugh everyone likes them now so they're going to suck" attitude is just fucking retarded. First off - ever stop to think that the reason Amon Amarth has so many fans now is because they're playing good music? They don't have a "radio single" that is different from their other material, all of their material is good and not radio-friendly...so, that can't be why they're getting fans. Bands don't become mallcore just because everyone likes them - its a style of music, too. I don't foresee Amon Amarth turning into a clone of Disturbed, Slipknot, etc. That's just fucking dumb to even think.

How can you say they're poser fans just because they only know them from SOTU? My first experience with AA was a random show two years ago - I was just getting into metal, and I saw that Amon Amarth, Trivium, and Children of Bodom were playing near me - I had no idea who ANY of them were, because I had seriously just gotten into metal like a month or two prior. I went to the show and came out with AA and CoB as two of my favorite bands - so, in a sense, you could say I only know them because of the Bodom tour. Does that make me a "poser fan".

No.

So, just shut up.

OWNED

Amon Amarth - November 28
HELL_YEAH69

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 10:03:44 pm »

FUCKING RULE!!!!..........saw them like 4 or 3 yars ago

::finger::laugh::finger
LOKISrevenge
Community

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 10:51:40 pm »

by  TYRS regurgitated hand , im a new amon amarth fan & i damn sure fucking happy i was turned on to them . the blend of norse mythology & metal is right up my alley. this board is responsible for broadening my horizons big time + XM radios liquid metal. now i have great anticipation for seeing them live. i hope i catch them before they turn gay lol .

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 09:38:44 pm »

i hope i catch them before they turn gay lol .

That's not going to happen

arsehead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 07:24:33 pm »

kicks major fuckin ass
Nightmare864

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 04:29:37 pm »

Dude seriously, anyone who dislikes the fact that a band gets more fans or decides that being a little more mainstream isn't necessarily a bad thing is showing a massive amount of ignorance. You call them a sellout and get this idea that now they are going to suck, which will most likely become a self-fulfilling prophecy for you, but really all you are doing is becoming a sellout yourself for disliking the fact that there happens to be other people in the world that like the band. Rather than dislike the fact that there are new fans, you should embrace the camaraderie that surrounds the world of metal, we're the biggest underground tribe in the world, do you think fans in the 80's started disliking metal because it became the most popular genre of music in the world. Hell no!They went on stronger and louder then ever and the true fans refused to let their music die out. All of the craze fans will find a new band to cling too in a few years and the true fans will stick with their band, that is the cycle all music must suffer through.

"Go Forth. Go Forth And DIE!!!!"

Nightmare864
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: