HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confirmed facts about the new CoB album!!!  (Read 3797 times)
SomethingWylde

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2007, 07:59:49 am »

General Information

* Album title: Unknown
    * Recording date / place: October 2007 / unknown
    * Producer: Mikko Karmila. Vocal tracks will be produced by Peter T????gtgren.
    * Cover artwork by: Unknown
    * Number of tracks: Unknown
    * Cover songs: Unknown
    * Running time: Unknown
    * Record Company: Spinefarm/Universal
    * Release date: March 2008
    * (Release date of advance single: Maybe end of 2007 in Finland)
    * Confirmed song names:

"Roundtrip 2 Hell And Back"
      "Pretty For The Devil"
      "Tie My Rope"

Other Information

* NEW: The song "Tie My Rope" was recorded in May at Sonic Pump Studios in Helsinki, Finland.
    * In June Alexi described the so far written songs as "different, but then again it's pretty much the same". The material is "definitely heavy and when comes to tempo, half of the songs are the same speed as on the last album, and a few of them are good old headbangers".

* Mikko Karmila was confirmed as producer. However, Peter T????gtgren will produce the vocal tracks and will take care about programmings and synthesizer sounds.
    * In the middle of June, half of the new songs were written for the next album of which "Roundtrip 2 Hell And Back" and "Pretty For The Devil" were completely worked out.
    * "Tie My Rope" will possibly be re-recorded during the album recordings.
    * On the last weekend in May, the band recorded a finished song for the compilation "Viva La Bands 2", which will be released in September. The name of the song is "Tie My Rope" and it will also appear on the next Children Of Bodom album.
    * According to Jaska, one song sounds like "old school Thrash with the fastest double bass" Jaska ever played. Another song has an "old Hypocrisy" atmosphere.
    * At the beginning of May, the band already had four songs finished.
    * The band is planning to enter a yet unknown studio in September/October.
    * In spring 2007, the band came together in their rehearsal place to jam and put together new songs.
    * Alexi already began writing new material in fall 2006 and recorded a few ideas on his 4-track recorder.

That's what the band has confirmed so far.

(The user has been banned for this post.)
irrigator58

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 05:46:23 pm »

If it's anything like Are You Dead Yet? I will be so pissed......it better be good

It sucks when your favorite band starts sucking ::confused

Amon Amarth - November 28
the_Thunder_God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 05:47:49 pm »

they really need to go back to follow the reaper / hatebreeder
irrigator58

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 07:53:45 pm »

the_Thunder_God said: they really need to go back to follow the reaper / hatebreeder

Couldn't have said it better

SomethingWylde

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 07:52:18 am »

I'm rather worried cos one song will sound like Hypocrisy O.o It is even co-produced by Peter T????gtgren....

(The user has been banned for this post.)
theglassprison

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 01:23:41 pm »

are you dead yet sucked so much ass. it better not sound anything like it
suksi_vittuun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 02:25:33 pm »

i read somewhere that they wont be playing new songs until the CD comes out because they're afraid of people leaking the songs...
that makes the wait even more painful because there's not even something to hold us over on.
im excited to see what peter does to help them out. that guy is awesome!
and personally i disagree that Children of Bodom is starting to "suck" because if every CD sounded the same it would be somewhat like a Cannibal Corpse thing. Good within its own respect but getting old after a while. When a band changes dynamics they allow themselves more creative room and sometimes the outcome is amazing. So don't speak too soon, Bodom might just blow us away with this new album Smiley

::stareRaise the Horns!::animatedsmile
xxx
Suksi_Vittuun
AprilEthereal251

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 02:57:56 am »

im pumped for this....and anything that Peter Tagtgren touches is godlike!
95NASTY

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 06:52:54 pm »

im up for it

I HATE EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY BUT MINE
midnight625

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 07:07:04 pm »

I was worried when i heard Tie My Rope. They are definitly changing theyre sound but i still like it. The song names are horrible though. But Peter producing it is a good sign.

MUNICIPAL WASTE IS GONNA FUCK YOU UP!!!
irrigator58

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 04:01:39 pm »

suksi_vittuun said:
and personally i disagree that Children of Bodom is starting to "suck" because if every CD sounded the same it would be somewhat like a Cannibal Corpse thing.

No, they do sound different with every album and I like every album, except AYDY? It sucked and they changed for the worse.

byebye

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 12:29:16 am »

Their albums have all been brilliant and masterpieces thus far, not one bad apple among them. Can't wait for their next one. Their new song kicks ass too, very promising.
JuuKun666

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 10:38:16 am »

As the biggest Bodom fan on the board - I'm going to safely say I'm not worried. I've heard Tie My Rope - it's different, but what do you guys notice? It sounds alot more like a fusion of HCDR/Follow the Reaper than it does any mixture with AYDY. And then you have the two other songs that they've mentioned - the old school Hypocrisy one and the one with the fastest double-bass Jaska's ever done. I think it's going to be a good album - I've said it since the release, AYDY? was not a bad album, it was just bad by Bodom standards (it's grown on me since its release but it's nowhere near Something Wild, my favorite), and it was their bad album - every band has to have atleast one BAD album. They got it out of the way - One member of the band, I believe Jaska, even said that they aren't being rushed when writing this one like they were with AYDY? - so I think that may be a good sign too.

As for the song titles - it's only three, and who says all of them need to be serious? I mean, come on - they covered Britney fucking Spears on the last one. I am, for one, eager to hear "Pretty For The Devil".

Formerly JuuKun

FF7

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 07:33:20 pm »

Amazing BAND. Looking forward to a new album.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: