HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Living in a gated world sucks.  (Read 1199 times)
theBear

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2007, 10:57:57 am »

The adults will totally understand this. To explain to the others when it comes time to buy property a lot of the visually nicer choices are communities. On the surface the seem great, under the waters lies the sharks that rip your soul away.
My actual house is in a lakefront community north of nowhere. I pay 3200 in taxes a year for 1/3 an acre. Only about 1/4 of the community actually lives here year round. Come summer it's hoping. The republican wifes association(community board) dictates ALL summer activities. 60+% of this board doesn't live here year round and 20% barely ever show up at all. Yet I must abide. If I park at the lake (seriously 400 yards from my house), I must sign in and have a pass. I actually pay an asshole to harass me. Last summer I fucking went off, MADE him call the cops as I didn't have a pass. The cop (senior sargent ) came and told the wannabe security "He is a strong part of this town, if you waste my time again I'll bring you in". This same fuckhole just screwed with my wife at the lake. So I called up and he said "I don't care who you served with, I'm the boss here!". So I hung up and called the cops, the same sargent (highest ranking cop in town) told me "Your wife is the county jail's nurse. You run two business and employ 15 well paid townsfolk, including my brother. I won't arrest you over this.". My wife tells me to let it slide, she can deal with assholes. I feel that sooner or later that ass will fuck with my kids while they are there. That to me in unacceptable. NH leads the landlocked country is backwoods (places to hide a body). There was once an article in the state paper that stated"There is so much backwoods that one could bury every registered voter and they would all be over 10 feet apart.".
So would you : 1) let it all slide and curtail ? 2) press the issue forcing them to curtail ? 3) Wait until the point of no return happens (someone physically harassing your kids) ? 4) Give up all amenities and avoid the problematic ?
Unfortunately because I am sooo heavily leveraged with the town bank at the moment I can't move. probably won't be able to pull a move for 2 years.
I just need a few more voices, as all of mine are in unison. I am sure quite a few board members grasp what that combined group voice is telling me.

4 GA ticks awaiting new owners
gloria

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 05:33:07 pm »

i am a little lost.  it sounds like the senior sargent is on your side? am i right? if so i  think your wife may be right. i mean if you start shit it just might backfire and be lashed on your children as you fear. perhaps i read your post wrong. i have freinds who live in a comunity similar to yours. the whole lake deal. and i have friends who live in condo  situations so when i bought a house i wanted to make sure that what was mine was infact mine. with what you pay in taxes a year this does not sound fair. see what happens. if it gets worse make a move i suppose. but by all means, if they do mess with your kids, use that area of back woods and bury them!
psycho_bitch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 01:40:01 pm »

hoa's suck. i live in a gated trailer park, for fuck's sake and you should see some of the rules here.........

indigo4789

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 02:41:41 pm »

Hate HOA's..... I used to live in a townhouse place with one and they always sent me letters about cleaning up after my dog.... turns out the morons didn't realize that female dogs don't lift their legs.

Now I live in the middle of nowhere with an acre and a half .....and only 2 neighbors. ::smile

Those who can, do.... those who can't, get the hell out of the way.

Naturlich spreche ich Deutsch.
Ichi_is_outta_here

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:04:29 pm »

His isn't a true gated community as there is no gate. Just security driving around acting like supercops, and people with the silverspoon nose in the air mentality. The summer residents are such jerks they look down at the ones that live here year round. So glad I live in town, were we just laugh about how much an ass they are, and as we pay half as much in taxes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: