HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About DudgeonBear (not for the weak of heart)  (Read 8706 times)
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 03:30:04 pm »

bear, you are one tough dude, kick that shit ..... need to see our bouncer back
Ichi_is_outta_here

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 03:45:40 pm »

Update---
He is still asleep but is getting a better quality of care. The new doctor arrived overnight and moved bear to an oxygen tent. When he stabilized from that move he started his treatment, he has a swagger of confidence about this new treatment. He says the problem is that the natural protections of the brain, that usually keep problems out is what is now the problem. It is keeping the antibiotics from getting in to help. He added a genetically manipulated lab grown rabies to the mix, that he says will break down this barrier(I don?HuhHuh?t quite understand this and am still in a huh about it). He said it is amazing that bear is still in his current condition and hasn?HuhHuh?t deteriorated further. He says  bear will sustain some damage, but he also mentioned how incredible a healthy brain is at healing itself. Time will tell, he placed the wall at 48-72 hours, after which point a reevaluation of outcome will need to be addressed.
----

I think the doc was hitting on me all night. He is nice and even gave me prescription of valium to calm my outbreaks. It is refreshing to have someone lay it all on the line and not hide behind some nicely painted half truth. I?HuhHuh?ll be around for a little while until I get tired enough to get some sleep. I have the late late night, early morning  sit with bear shift.

Again thanks for thoughts and kind words
Ichi

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 06:42:42 pm »

thanks ichi, continue to keep us updated and tell him we are pulling for him to get thru
OzzyIronPriest

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 08:39:48 pm »

Glad to see he's hangin tough!!

Work Hard, Play Hard, Rock Hard, Love Always!!

Were Gonna Rock You till your Metal Hearts are Fed!!  ::sinister
Deborah
Community

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 08:49:50 pm »

I will  defiantly  keep him in my thoughts & prayers.
Louder_the_Better

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 11:34:01 am »

Thanks for the update, my heart goes out to you, Bear and your family.

You choose to live on your knees, I'm gonna die on my feet!!
thischick666

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 12:59:03 pm »

I hope he pulls through thoroughly, and that things work out. he's in my best wishes.

made by Diablo Del La Rosa

made by SMB
Ichi_is_outta_here

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 06:04:48 pm »

Update for Tuesday ,
Little to report. His pulse has got a little stronger , but his blood pressure is fluctuating. He is getting quite bloated and seems to be putting on weight. The doctor says all is going well, and that these all are good signs that something is happening. Now we just need for him to open his eyes.

SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 06:53:48 pm »

Keep a positive attitude!!! I hope everything turns out well.

Jagbag- "Hail the return(of SSS) or GTFO."
OzzyIronPriest

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 09:02:27 pm »

Thanks for keeping us posted....I only know him from here, but he strikes me as a great guy!!

Work Hard, Play Hard, Rock Hard, Love Always!!

Were Gonna Rock You till your Metal Hearts are Fed!!  ::sinister
MVP

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 03:29:55 am »

He will be fine. That is one smart guy from what I have seen and brains are what is needed for such a battle.

Hello Me, It's Me again::laugh
deathwishpussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 07:46:44 pm »

Ichi said: Update for Tuesday ,
Little to report. His pulse has got a little stronger , but his blood pressure is fluctuating. He is getting quite bloated and seems to be putting on weight. The doctor says all is going well, and that these all are good signs that something is happening. Now we just need for him to open his eyes.
prayers continue on the west coast

love me or hate me, either way i win::finger because i am the queen_of_corruption

Ichi_is_outta_here

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 09:13:12 pm »

Really thought we had a chance last night. Our little brother came up and we both sat with bear all night. Cracking stupid jokes constantly. Just expected him to bark at us to shut up. He is going to try a solo repeat performance tonight.

Update for Wednesday --
His temp, blood pressure, and pulse have been fluctuating almost all day. The doctor seems to be genuinely pulling for him, and our family.  Doctor says it?HuhHuh?s the final battle for middle mind (he was having a dork moment, I think our brother was rubbing off on him). He is approaching the line in the sand the doctor drew a few days ago.  Come midday tomorrow it will be a week, starting to see tension on peoples faces more often.
--

I?HuhHuh?m still staying positive, because if it is a war raging now it?HuhHuh?s going to be fine. Bear has, along as I have had the pleasure of knowing him, been calm and calculating under intense pressure. It?HuhHuh?s when life is slow and boring he seems out of sorts and uncomfortable.

jennyb4u9
Community

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 09:37:12 pm »

i hope everything works out and bear wakes up my thoughts and prayers go out to bears family and friends god bless keep the faith

Ichi_is_outta_here

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 10:18:23 pm »

::smile::animatedsmile::sinister::animatedsmile::smile::animatedsmile::sinister::animatedsmile::smile::animatedsmile::sinister::animatedsmile::smile

Bear regained consciousness two hours ago. He is disoriented and the infection is still around, but this hurdle has been jumped. He will be evaluated and transfered out of the ICU, but will remain in the hospital for another week minimum. He could be fighting the infection off for as short as another week or as long as another three. He will be undergoing many tests over the next few days to get a grasp of the damage that was done. He still needs to keep fighting but as bear would say "this beachhead is secured!".

Everyone was so happy and so many people were there that I have yet to talk with him personally. His wife will spend a quiet night alone with him tonight. The infection will be evaluated in the morning, and he will be moved to a nicer personal room.  I should have a chance tomorrow to talk with him and tell him of everyone heres thoughts and wishes.

::smile::animatedsmile::sinister::animatedsmile::smile::animatedsmile::sinister::animatedsmile::smile::animatedsmile::sinister::animatedsmile::smile

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: