HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: metal unity  (Read 1995 times)
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 02:17:40 pm »

hvymtlmom said: Dude, nobody ever said they sounded alike. I'm saying there are so many fucking genres & sub-genres out there that are open to interpretation.

Calling someone uneducated because they don't happen to agree with your definition is the epitome of ignorance and intolerance. YOU are the one claiming that YOUR  opinion is the "end all" one, further proving  the point of this topic.

"If people would stop being douchebags............"::c_stare

No, my opinion is not end all. Who cares if genres are open to interpretation? That leads to some friendly debate. I never claimed that my opinion was the end all be all opinion.

I listen to all genres of metal. I am friends with hardcore kids (while not metal, pertain to the original post), death metal fans, power metal fans, etc. You won't see me doing what he claims like picking fights at shows and shit over bands. Live and let live.

However, if he wants to educate me on the subject of metal, he could put more effort in knowing the subject matter.

hvymtlmom
Community

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 02:39:07 pm »

jimbob232 said:
hvymtlmom said: Dude, nobody ever said they sounded alike. I'm saying there are so many fucking genres & sub-genres out there that are open to interpretation.

Calling someone uneducated because they don't happen to agree with your definition is the epitome of ignorance and intolerance. YOU are the one claiming that YOUR  opinion is the "end all" one, further proving  the point of this topic.

No, my opinion is not end all. Who cares if genres are open to interpretation? That leads to some friendly debate. I never claimed that my opinion was the end all be all opinion.

I listen to all genres of metal. I am friends with hardcore kids (while not metal, pertain to the original post), death metal fans, power metal fans, etc. You won't see me doing what he claims like picking fights at shows and shit over bands. Live and let live.

However, if he wants to educate me on the subject of metal, he could put more effort in knowing the subject matter.

"friendly debate"? calling someone uneducated because they don't agree with you isn't friendly debate (IMO of course)

the whole sub-genre thing tends to piss me off (can you tell) because of all the intolerance about other peoples choices. If everybody liked the same music, life truly would suck!

truce? ::smile

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 02:43:03 pm »

hvymtlmom said:
jimbob232 said:

"friendly debate"? calling someone uneducated because they don't agree with you isn't friendly debate (IMO of course)

the whole sub-genre thing tends to piss me off (can you tell) because of all the intolerance about other peoples choices. If everybody liked the same music, life truly would suck!

truce? ::smile

I think our discussion between each other has been fairly civil.

I was aggressive against the other guy due to his prior attack on myself and others. I think you know full well that I don't sit here and take that kind of stuff in stride. ::animatedlaugh

behnwilson

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 03:42:46 pm »

Screw unity, save it for the hippies.

I hate those fags that have their little gay pits with their gaytarded karate kicks and epilectic seizure style dancing or whatever the hell it is that they are doing.
hvymtlmom
Community

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 09:07:51 pm »

jimbob232 said:

I think our discussion between each other has been fairly civil.

I was aggressive against the other guy due to his prior attack on myself and others. I think you know full well that I don't sit here and take that kind of stuff in stride. ::animatedlaugh

Oh yes,  remember how you are ::sinister  I just didn't like to see the guy getting slammed into a corner on his first day here, especially when he did have a valid point. He just came on a little too strong, thats all.

behnwilson said: Screw unity, save it for the hippies.

I hate those fags that have their little gay pits with their gaytarded karate kicks and epilectic seizure style dancing or whatever the hell it is that they are doing.

I think they're as selfish as crowd surfers (even though I admit I did do it once out of necessity). Both groups have no consideration for the rest of the audience. I fucking hate being kicked in the back of the head by some 200 pound asshole while I'm trying to watch a show! Does anybody REALLY want to lift these dumb fucks up? The hardcore "dancers" usually are more towards the back at our venues, so I don't personally have to deal with them, but I can see where it would really piss people off to be around them

behnwilson

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 10:09:07 pm »

I dont think its selfish, its just gay.  Its offensive and annoying and its hard to suppress the overwhelming desire to punch some of them in the face. Its has no business at a metal show.

I dont do it myself but I like the crowd surfing and get a kick out of watching it, its part of the experience.  Ive been kicked in the head many a time and its just part of the game.
Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 03:46:25 am »

Because its a battle to see who is more kvlt.

bleedingthroughpain84

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2007, 12:55:52 pm »

kvlt?Huh
hvymtlmom
Community

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2007, 01:44:07 pm »

behnwilson said: I dont think its selfish, its just gay.  Its offensive and annoying and its hard to suppress the overwhelming desire to punch some of them in the face. Its has no business at a metal show.

I dont do it myself but I like the crowd surfing and get a kick out of watching it, its part of the experience.  Ive been kicked in the head many a time and its just part of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those princesses in the front who thinks they should have their own personal space. I've had injuries from being in the front and still continue be up there at every show,  I don't mind being squished like a sardine or being pushed or getting bumped in to.  That's all part of the experience to me.

But when I go to a concert, I'm there to see my favorite bands, not to constantly be looking behind me for some drunk douchebag or skank in a bikini who thinks its fun to force strangers half their size to hold them up. That's where the selfishness comes in. I'd rather pay attention to whats going on onstage.

Engel

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2007, 05:45:44 pm »

Fuck just call it all metal. Except hardcore because hardcore is different. But damn I am tired of all the genres too. Hopefully we soon won't get a genre called Power heavy metalcore death black grindcore metal, somehow it will happen though. And it will piss a lot of people off because it is just stupid. Too many genres.
Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2007, 01:44:31 am »

bleedingthroughpain84 said: kvlt?Huh
Who is the most necro, brutal, underground, etc.
That is what it is about.

ozzmanfan1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2007, 01:54:13 am »

asshole

Ozzy Osbourne ROCKS!!!!
byebye

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2007, 01:55:43 am »

Metal is a brotherhood and personally I don't care what your personal tastes in music in general are, I will continue to look at it as a brotherhood. However, if you bash my tastes, or bash anyone else's tastes, I will not respect you nor will I treat you with any kindness. You are a dick head and deserve to be treated as such (if you do such things.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: