HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warped Tour 2007 - Chicago  (Read 2805 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:01:37 am »

My 1st ever warped tour.  I was a little skeptical b/c, well, it's Warped Tour.  At a lot of the shows I go to "Warped Tour" is almost like a punch line.  The tour and its fans definitely carry a negative connotation.  Still, I was excited to see a few of the bands that I really love as well as to check out bands that I may never see otherwise.  Man, did I feel old there, though.

We got there just in time for Poison the Well.  They went on before noon, so not a lot of people were there for their set.  They rocked, though.  They did my favorite song from VERSIONS (prematurio el baby).  Their setlist:

zombies are good for your health
prematurio el baby
artists rendering of me
letter thing
turn down elliot
naive monarch
crystal lake
nerdy
botchla

We saw The Vincent Black Shadow.  NEXT!  Then we caught a bit of Kaddisfly.  They were interesting... a different type of band for this tour w/ some unique instrumentation.  After 3 songs by them I left to watch the last 4 songs of Straylight Run (per the suggestion of a friend).  I should've watched all of Kaddisfly.

Next was Funeral For a Friend... one of the best bands of the day.  I will definitely see them again.

Then we watched Hawthorne Heights (don't ask me why).  Talk about all the live rock show cliches... including calling for a circle pit, explaining how to start one, and telling the crowd not to stop once the song starts.  Their singer's voice is also so annoying.

Then it was finally time for It Dies Today.  I'd never seen em w/ their new singer before.  They were awesome!  Probably < 100 people watched em, but everybody else missed out.  The set was heavy on songs from THE CAITIFF CHOIR, which is a great CD.  Plus, the best quote of the day goes to their singer.  After their set, he said, "Everyone make sure to go watch Alkaline Trio right now... just kidding, stick around for Throwdown.  They're way better."  Their setlist:

my promise
severed ties yield severed heads
a threnody for modern romance
a constant reminder
sacred heart
marigold
freak gasoline fight accident

I had to skip Throwdown to watch Parkway Drive.  I've seen TD a few times before, and I'll see em again.  No worries.  I'd heard a ton of buzz about Parkway Drive.  They lived up to all the hype and then some.  Good God, they were amazing!  Best band of the day, hands down.  They were heavy as hell and had great live energy.  Their lead guitarist can absolutely SHRED.  Plus, they were so appreciative of everyone watching their set and had a great sense of humor.  They said they have a new CD coming out Oct. 9.  Run, don't walk, to get it.

I sort of saw/heard some of Bless the Fall.  They sounded pretty good.  I'll need to check em out some other Time.  Coheed and Cambria was next.  I was really impressed.  They are excellent musicians.  I'd see them again for sure.  After that I caught about 20 min of Pepper, the self-proclaimed 30-min emo break of the tour.  They'd be perfect "chill while drinking a beer" music," but I didn't feel like wasting $10 on a brew.

Bad Religion was next.  I wasn't really looking forward to them b/c it's not really my style of music, and a 40-year-old who sings about the same stuff over & over for 20 years is kinda lame to me.  They were great, though.  Their music translates perfectly into a live set b/c it's easy to sing along & pump your fist to.  After awhile all their songs started sounding the same, though.

Underoath was next.  This was my 1st time seeing them in about 5 years, and the 1st time I've seen em w/ Spencer on vocals.  There were TONS of people there to watch their set... so much so that for the1st 2 songs I was trying to avoid getting crushed.  Then we went to the back where we could breathe.  They were good.  I can't wait for their fall trek w/ Poison the Well, ETID, and Maylene & the Sons of Disaster.  That's gonna be awesome.  Underoath's setlist:

(I don't remember the 1st song)
writing on the walls
it's dangerous business walking out your front door
you're ever so inviting
a boy brushed red... living in black & white
in regards to myself

KsE ended the show.  They were OK, but all the stupid  hardcore dancers ruined it for me.  Plus, Adam D's banter, while funny, gets old after awhile.  I mean, don't spend more than 5 min of a 30 min set making fun of emo kids (although they deserve it) in 10 different ways.  I would've much rather heard another song or 2.  They basically crammed all their singles in.  Their setlist:

a bid farewell
fixation on the darkness
my curse
rose of sheryn
arms of sorrow
my last serenade
the end of heartache

It was a fun day... way better than I expected.  I saw a few bands that really impressed me, plus the bands I really wanted to see.  It was well worth the $25.
95NASTY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 02:19:35 pm »

cool

I HATE EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY BUT MINE
vampirecorpse666

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 02:31:46 pm »

KevinDeets said: My 1st ever warped tour.  I was a little skeptical b/c, well, it's Warped Tour.  At a lot of the shows I go to "Warped Tour" is almost like a punch line.  The tour and its fans definitely carry a negative connotation.  Still, I was excited to see a few of the bands that I really love as well as to check out bands that I may never see otherwise.  Man, did I feel old there, though.

We got there just in time for Poison the Well.  They went on before noon, so not a lot of people were there for their set.  They rocked, though.  They did my favorite song from VERSIONS (prematurio el baby).  Their setlist:

zombies are good for your health
prematurio el baby
artists rendering of me
letter thing
turn down elliot
naive monarch
crystal lake
nerdy
botchla

We saw The Vincent Black Shadow.  NEXT!  Then we caught a bit of Kaddisfly.  They were interesting... a different type of band for this tour w/ some unique instrumentation.  After 3 songs by them I left to watch the last 4 songs of Straylight Run (per the suggestion of a friend).  I should've watched all of Kaddisfly.

Next was Funeral For a Friend... one of the best bands of the day.  I will definitely see them again.

Then we watched Hawthorne Heights (don't ask me why).  Talk about all the live rock show cliches... including calling for a circle pit, explaining how to start one, and telling the crowd not to stop once the song starts.  Their singer's voice is also so annoying.

Then it was finally time for It Dies Today.  I'd never seen em w/ their new singer before.  They were awesome!  Probably < 100 people watched em, but everybody else missed out.  The set was heavy on songs from THE CAITIFF CHOIR, which is a great CD.  Plus, the best quote of the day goes to their singer.  After their set, he said, "Everyone make sure to go watch Alkaline Trio right now... just kidding, stick around for Throwdown.  They're way better."  Their setlist:

my promise
severed ties yield severed heads
a threnody for modern romance
a constant reminder
sacred heart
marigold
freak gasoline fight accident

I had to skip Throwdown to watch Parkway Drive.  I've seen TD a few times before, and I'll see em again.  No worries.  I'd heard a ton of buzz about Parkway Drive.  They lived up to all the hype and then some.  Good God, they were amazing!  Best band of the day, hands down.  They were heavy as hell and had great live energy.  Their lead guitarist can absolutely SHRED.  Plus, they were so appreciative of everyone watching their set and had a great sense of humor.  They said they have a new CD coming out Oct. 9.  Run, don't walk, to get it.

I sort of saw/heard some of Bless the Fall.  They sounded pretty good.  I'll need to check em out some other Time.  Coheed and Cambria was next.  I was really impressed.  They are excellent musicians.  I'd see them again for sure.  After that I caught about 20 min of Pepper, the self-proclaimed 30-min emo break of the tour.  They'd be perfect "chill while drinking a beer" music," but I didn't feel like wasting $10 on a brew.

Bad Religion was next.  I wasn't really looking forward to them b/c it's not really my style of music, and a 40-year-old who sings about the same stuff over & over for 20 years is kinda lame to me.  They were great, though.  Their music translates perfectly into a live set b/c it's easy to sing along & pump your fist to.  After awhile all their songs started sounding the same, though.

Underoath was next.  This was my 1st time seeing them in about 5 years, and the 1st time I've seen em w/ Spencer on vocals.  There were TONS of people there to watch their set... so much so that for the1st 2 songs I was trying to avoid getting crushed.  Then we went to the back where we could breathe.  They were good.  I can't wait for their fall trek w/ Poison the Well, ETID, and Maylene & the Sons of Disaster.  That's gonna be awesome.  Underoath's setlist:

(I don't remember the 1st song)
writing on the walls
it's dangerous business walking out your front door
you're ever so inviting
a boy brushed red... living in black & white
in regards to myself

KsE ended the show.  They were OK, but all the stupid  hardcore dancers ruined it for me.  Plus, Adam D's banter, while funny, gets old after awhile.  I mean, don't spend more than 5 min of a 30 min set making fun of emo kids (although they deserve it) in 10 different ways.  I would've much rather heard another song or 2.  They basically crammed all their singles in.  Their setlist:

a bid farewell
fixation on the darkness
my curse
rose of sheryn
arms of sorrow
my last serenade
the end of heartache

It was a fun day... way better than I expected.  I saw a few bands that really impressed me, plus the bands I really wanted to see.  It was well worth the $25.
dude ur lucky i want to go  was the spill canvas thre and was anberlin there
KevinDeets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 04:19:52 pm »

I've never heard of the spill canvas, so I dunno if they were there.  Anberlin wasn't there.  Anberlin's final show on this tour was Fri in Detroit, otherwise I would've definitely watched them.  I'm a big anberlin fan.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 03:26:22 am »

Fuck yea Poison the Well plays Crystal Lake
irrigator58

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 03:16:05 pm »

Circle Pit during Hawthorne Heights? ::looking

Anyways, I could of went but decided not to because there's only a couple of  bands I like (blessthefall, Parkway Drive, Paramore, Maylene and a few more)

Amon Amarth - November 28
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 04:03:25 pm »

Flogging Molly would be my only reason to want to go, but fuck that. I don't know if I could stand though so much shit in one day.
KevinDeets

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 04:33:08 pm »

Yeah, Bless the Fall played right after Parkway Drive on the stage right next to em.  I heard most of there set but wasn't really paying attention.  I was sitting down taking a breather after Parkway KILLED IT!  I'll have to check out Bless the Fall later.
causeofdeath

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 09:30:10 pm »

irrigator58 said: Circle Pit during Hawthorne Heights? ::looking

Anyways, I could of went but decided not to because there's only a couple of  bands I like (blessthefall, Parkway Drive, Paramore, Maylene and a few more)

WOW you like paramore and you have a signiture with death metal bands in it do i call a fucking POSER! get the fuck out of here
ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 06:54:23 am »

causeofdeath said:

irrigator58 said: Circle Pit during Hawthorne Heights? ::looking

WOW you like paramore and you have a signiture with death metal bands in it do i call a fucking POSER! get the fuck out of here

God forbid anyone actually branch out and like anything but Death Metal cause it automatically makes you a poser. No wonder people like you never get laid

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
WorldAblaze

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 01:55:27 pm »

Anyone know what time Killswitch starts/ends? It would be incredibly helpful.

KevinDeets

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 03:35:38 pm »

WorldAblaze said: Anyone know what time Killswitch starts/ends? It would be incredibly helpful.

At my show they were the last band on the Lucky 13 stage (8:25-8:55).  I think the set times may be different at every show, though.  I dunno.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 03:56:48 pm »

KevinDeets said:
WorldAblaze said: Anyone know what time Killswitch starts/ends? It would be incredibly helpful.

At my show they were the last band on the Lucky 13 stage (8:25-8:55).  I think the set times may be different at every show, though.  I dunno.
Did you get to see Throwdown? and was there a Poison the Well tent?
KevinDeets

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 04:24:21 pm »

No, I did not see TD because they played at the exact same time as Parkway Drive.  No regrets, though, b/c Parkway was the best band of the day by far.  I'll see TD this fall w/ Machine Head.

Yes, PTW has their own merch tent.  Shirts $10 or $12, CDs $10.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 05:09:06 pm »

KevinDeets said: No, I did not see TD because they played at the exact same time as Parkway Drive.  No regrets, though, b/c Parkway was the best band of the day by far.  I'll see TD this fall w/ Machine Head.

Yes, PTW has their own merch tent.  Shirts $10 or $12, CDs $10.
Well thats cool thanks
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: