HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 close to home  (Read 607 times)
inyerface38

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2007, 08:50:12 am »

As some of you may know I had quit a scare the other day. My Brother and Sister-in-law flew out to MINNEAPOLIS The morning of the tragedy. They were there to do a meet and greet w/ the medical team @ the University. Anyway @ the time the 35 W fell they were walking to a restaurant near the University. They didn't know what had truly happened till they got to the restaurant. I'm thankful that they are ok and my condolences to those who did lose a loved one that day. With that said here is the e-mail and pics my sister-in-law sent me.

We were able to get about 500 yards from the bridge but were not able to get very good pictures.  We are leaving tomorrow around 10am and should be home I think around 3pm.  We'll see you then.  Thanks for watching the dogs.
Monica

]

::animatedsmile
inyerface38

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 08:50:49 am »

METALIZATION
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:08:53 am »

What a tradgedy !    ::confused  Good to hear your family wasn't involved . What a scary moment. It's amazing more people didn't parrish!  Pure saddness.Did they help in the rescue effort ?

::finger::finger
inyerface38

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 10:34:56 am »

METALIZATION said: What a tradgedy !    ::confused  Good to hear your family wasn't involved . What a scary moment. It's amazing more people didn't parrish!  Pure saddness.Did they help in the rescue effort ?

Thanx and I feel the same way, just amazing more were not hurt. And they did not help w/ the rescue effort. They said there were so many people already headed down there they thought it best to stay out of the way and let the rescue teams do their work.

MVP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 04:54:32 pm »

I am amazed not more people died. That shit is crazy. i don't know why but when ever I go over a big bridge I always have this feeling it is going to go down with me on it. They had one go down about 17 miles out of my town and only a couple people got slightly hurt but I drove over that same bridge just an hour before it went down.

Hello Me, It's Me again::laugh
inyerface38

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 08:28:46 am »

MVP said: I am amazed not more people died. That shit is crazy. i don't know why but when ever I go over a big bridge I always have this feeling it is going to go down with me on it. They had one go down about 17 miles out of my town and only a couple people got slightly hurt but I drove over that same bridge just an hour before it went down.

DAMN::surprise Now if that don't make you think twice I dunno what will? Amazing just a few were hurt, glad no-one was killed. I bet we start hearing a lot more stories like what happened in Minneapolis. Sad But True.

WingedOctopus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 10:44:34 am »

inyerface38 said:

MVP said: I am amazed not more people died. That shit is crazy. i don't know why but when ever I go over a big bridge I always have this feeling it is going to go down with me on it. They had one go down about 17 miles out of my town and only a couple people got slightly hurt but I drove over that same bridge just an hour before it went down.

DAMN::surprise Now if that don't make you think twice I dunno what will? Amazing just a few were hurt, glad no-one was killed. I bet we start hearing a lot more stories like what happened in Minneapolis. Sad But True.

A frightening event for sure, but no one was seriously injured, and that is both amazing and relieving

::animatedlaugh Burger King Diamond
custom38
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 10:52:41 am »

inyerface38 said: As some of you may know I had quit a scare the other day. My Brother and Sister-in-law flew out to MINNEAPOLIS The morning of the tragedy. They were there to do a meet and greet w/ the medical team @ the University. Anyway @ the time the 35 W fell they were walking to a restaurant near the University. They didn't know what had truly happened till they got to the restaurant. I'm thankful that they are ok and my condolences to those who did lose a loved one that day. With that said here is the e-mail and pics my sister-in-law sent me.

We were able to get about 500 yards from the bridge but were not able to get very good pictures.  We are leaving tomorrow around 10am and should be home I think around 3pm.  We'll see you then.  Thanks for watching the dogs.
Monica

]

Glad they are ok, I can only imagine what it was like for ya.

Life's an orgy, make it a good one.
MVP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 02:24:08 pm »

WingedOctopus said:
inyerface38 said:

A frightening event for sure, but no one was seriously injured, and that is both amazing and relieving
luckily it was not a big ass bridge like the last one. It was the same kind though.

Hello Me, It's Me again::laugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: