HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Tide on mainstage  (Read 4876 times)
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2007, 01:47:05 pm »

ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
Ozzman said:
KranialTork said:
Ozzman said:
praiseozzy said: just listened to them for a second chance, their not that bad second time around

it doesnt matter how good or bad they are. It's the principal of them being on the Main Satge when they don't deserve it.

Big deal!  I know that most bands have to work for years to get a chance like the one Black Tide has now, but can't we just be happy for these guys?  I really don't think that possitions on the ozzfest lineup should be a compition.  I think all that matters is weather or not the band is good, and obviously somebody (probably sharon) thought these guys were good, and you know what, so do I!  I'm not trying to pick a fight, and I do understand where you're coming from.  If you don't like the music these guys are putting out thats one thing, but I really don't think it's an insult to every band that's ever been on ozzfest just because they haven't been around long.  Besides, they're probably just putting them on the main stage to get around the second stage age requirement.  I doubt they'll get any longer than a second stage band.

You have a good point but this is Ozzfest the biggest metal festival in the world (for the sake of arguement i know there are other big rock festivals) and Sharon just pulls this band out of her ass and sticks them on the main stage. Now if it does turn out that this band only gets 20 minutes on the main stage then it is obvious that sharon just put them there to get around the fucked up rules of Jagermiester. But even then, wasn't the whole purpose of this band to replace Circus Diablo who by the way at least has an album out. If they get more than 20 minutes, that will be fucked up. But what ever, i dont really give a fuck about Black Tide it gives me time to go get a tee shirt.

Biggest Metal Festival in the world is WACKEN OPEN AIR, not Ozzfest.
would you consider it the biggest metal festival in america?

No. Biggest Hard Rock w/ some metal festival? Yes.
right on. i thought this years lineup was pretty good though. best since '04 imo.
Easily the worst lineup in OZZfest history imo. But it is free that's the only upside, but I would have had no problem paying for a real lineup as I have done for the last 11 years.

You have got to be fucking kidding. This lineup is no where NEAR the worst one. 2001 was a hell of a lot worse than this year, as was 2003 to name 2.

TerracottaPie

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2007, 01:47:40 pm »

Well on the upside....we dont have to listen to Circus Diablo anymore.  BTW...I was reading their blog and they got Joey Jordison to do two songs w/ them.  Apperenty someone see's something in them.

KranialTork

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2007, 01:48:36 pm »

psyclon_nine said:
tat2d1_76 said:
KranialTork said:
metalfuckinhead said: there is no reason for Black Tide to be on the main stage no matter how many people watch their set. They should not be able to play on the same stage as lamb of god and ozzy. There is no justification for billing a band who has hasnt sold one record over bands who have been on the billboard 200 several times. This should be based on merit and nothing else.

Nile: released Ithyphallic no.162 on billboard top 200 and no 4 on heatseekers
                       annihilation of the wicked was on the top heatseekers as well as the top independent albums list
Chthonic: played wacken, won an award equivalent to an asian grammy
Behemoth: released the apostacy no. 149 on billboard top 200 and no 2 on top heatseekers
Daath: released the The Hinderers which was on top heatseekers list

BLACK TIDE: NOTHING TO SPEAK OF!

Even the bands i dislike such as In This Moment and Hatebreed have something to brag about! fuck you, dumbass

I guess the reason why we're having a conflict here is that we have different ideas to what a concert should be.  You would like it to be a contest about who has been around longer, and who is most popular on the billboards, where as I would like to go and listen to music, REGARDLESS of how high it was on the damn billboads, REGARDLESS of how many albums they've sold, and REGARDLESS of how long they've been around!  And you call yourself a metal head!  If you think that a concert should be a popularity contest, and the only thing that should be regarded when seting up a tour is how high the bands included have been on the billboards, and how long they've been around, than your no better than one of those god damn Backstreet Boy fans!

Well put!!!! I don't think this "metalfuckinhead" has any idea what the spirit of metal is all about.

i get what metal head is getting to... the main stage spot is more like and honorary thing and technically main stage gets alot more attention then second stage does hes basically saying that there are other bands at ozzfest that have put alot more time in and are alot better then black tide that are more deserving of the main stage spot and the attention. and really i would have to agree with him.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I just don't see it quite that way.  I doubt that any of the bands on second stage are offended by this.  They probably understand why it was done.  Besides, Black Tide is really only a warm up band for the main stage
tat2d1_76

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2007, 01:57:50 pm »

metalfuckinhead said:

tat2d1_76 said:

KranialTork said:

metalfuckinhead said: there is no reason for Black Tide to be on the main stage no matter how many people watch their set. They should not be able to play on the same stage as lamb of god and ozzy. There is no justification for billing a band who has hasnt sold one record over bands who have been on the billboard 200 several times. This should be based on merit and nothing else.

annihilation of the wicked was on the top heatseekers as well as the top independent albums list
Behemoth: released the apostacy no. 149 on billboard top 200 and no 2 on top heatseekers

Even the bands i dislike such as In This Moment and Hatebreed have something to brag about! fuck you, dumbass

I guess the reason why we're having a conflict here is that we have different ideas to what a concert should be.  You would like it to be a contest about who has been around longer, and who is most popular on the billboards, where as I would like to go and listen to music, REGARDLESS of how high it was on the damn billboads, REGARDLESS of how many albums they've sold, and REGARDLESS of how long they've been around!  And you call yourself a metal head!  If you think that a concert should be a popularity contest, and the only thing that should be regarded when seting up a tour is how high the bands included have been on the billboards, and how long they've been around, than your no better than one of those god damn Backstreet Boy fans!

Well put!!!! I don't think this "metalfuckinhead" has any idea what the spirit of metal is all about.

read my last post asswipe!

I read your last post . All you said is that they have nothing to show for themselves and aren't worthy of being on the main stage. Well, who the hell are you to decide who's "worthy"? Ultimately it doesn't matter what you, me, or anyone else here thinks, because we're not the ones promoting the shows.

namecalling's real mature by the way. Shows your intelligence, or lack thereof.
KranialTork

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2007, 01:50:03 pm »

caex said:
KranialTork said:
caex said:
KranialTork said:

On most tour lineups, popularity IS how the order is determined.

I understand that, I just don't think that popularity should be as important as talent

Unfortunately, that isn't how a tour works. If it did work that way, then Nile or Behemoth would be headlining Mainstage and the other Second stage, and bands like Nevermore wouldn't be opening for other bands in America.

I know, I know
metalfuckinhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2007, 02:02:30 pm »

tat2d1_76 said:
metalfuckinhead said:
tat2d1_76 said:
KranialTork said:

read my last post asswipe!

I read your last post . All you said is that they have nothing to show for themselves and aren't worthy of being on the main stage. Well, who the hell are you to decide who's "worthy"? Ultimately it doesn't matter what you, me, or anyone else here thinks, because we're not the ones promoting the shows.

namecalling's real mature by the way. Shows your intelligence, or lack thereof.

Its not our decision but i have the right to express my views and i will. This band should not be on the main stage, it is a  slight to the other bands who have paid their dues and are much more talented. I am done with this discussion.

MetalFUCKINHead
Meshuggahailmeshuggah1

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2007, 01:57:04 pm »

caex said:
ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
Ozzman said:
KranialTork said:
Ozzman said:
praiseozzy said: just listened to them for a second chance, their not that bad second time around

it doesnt matter how good or bad they are. It's the principal of them being on the Main Satge when they don't deserve it.

Big deal!  I know that most bands have to work for years to get a chance like the one Black Tide has now, but can't we just be happy for these guys?  I really don't think that possitions on the ozzfest lineup should be a compition.  I think all that matters is weather or not the band is good, and obviously somebody (probably sharon) thought these guys were good, and you know what, so do I!  I'm not trying to pick a fight, and I do understand where you're coming from.  If you don't like the music these guys are putting out thats one thing, but I really don't think it's an insult to every band that's ever been on ozzfest just because they haven't been around long.  Besides, they're probably just putting them on the main stage to get around the second stage age requirement.  I doubt they'll get any longer than a second stage band.

You have a good point but this is Ozzfest the biggest metal festival in the world (for the sake of arguement i know there are other big rock festivals) and Sharon just pulls this band out of her ass and sticks them on the main stage. Now if it does turn out that this band only gets 20 minutes on the main stage then it is obvious that sharon just put them there to get around the fucked up rules of Jagermiester. But even then, wasn't the whole purpose of this band to replace Circus Diablo who by the way at least has an album out. If they get more than 20 minutes, that will be fucked up. But what ever, i dont really give a fuck about Black Tide it gives me time to go get a tee shirt.

right on. i thought this years lineup was pretty good though. best since '04 imo.
Easily the worst lineup in OZZfest history imo. But it is free that's the only upside, but I would have had no problem paying for a real lineup as I have done for the last 11 years.

You have got to be fucking kidding. This lineup is no where NEAR the worst one. 2001 was a hell of a lot worse than this year, as was 2003 to name 2.
'01 was nu-metal central. i loved that year just because it was my first time seeing sabbath. other than that the line-up was shitty as hell.

SEE YOU IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::animatedlaugh
ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2007, 02:12:30 pm »

ozzyfuckedurmom said:

caex said:

ChickenFucker said:

ozzyfuckedurmom said:

caex said:

ozzyfuckedurmom said:

caex said:

Ozzman said:

KranialTork said:

Ozzman said:

'01 was nu-metal central. i loved that year just because it was my first time seeing sabbath. other than that the line-up was shitty as hell.

Right and this year it is shit-metal central. Other than Ozzy, Lamb of God , and Devildriver There is nothing worth seeing imo. Hatebreed is ok, and Static-x is pretty cool live even though thier new cd sucks.  There are usually at least 8-10 bands that I can't wait to see. This year there is 2 or 3.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
TerracottaPie

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2007, 02:14:03 pm »

ChickenFucker said:

ozzyfuckedurmom said:

caex said:

ChickenFucker said:

ozzyfuckedurmom said:

caex said:

ozzyfuckedurmom said:

caex said:

Ozzman said:

KranialTork said:

Ozzman said:

Right and this year it is shit-metal central. Other than Ozzy, Lamb of God , and Devildriver There is nothing worth seeing imo. Hatebreed is ok, and Static-x is pretty cool live even though thier new cd sucks.  There are usually at least 8-10 bands that I can't wait to see. This year there is 2 or 3.

u phail.   nile and behemoth>those bands

Meshuggahailmeshuggah1

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2007, 02:15:57 pm »

ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
Ozzman said:
KranialTork said:
Ozzman said:

it all comes down to personal opinion, so whatever.

metalfuckinhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2007, 02:23:47 pm »

good bands imo:
ozzy
lamb of god
nile
behemoth
devildriver
chthonic
3iB
daath
static X
Lordi
ankla

bad bands:
hatebreed
black tide
the showdown
in this moment

sounds like a good tour to me.

MetalFUCKINHead
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2007, 02:29:21 pm »

ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
Ozzman said:
KranialTork said:
Ozzman said:

This year has 7 good bands:

Nile
Lordi
Chthonic
Behemoth
3 Inches of Blood
Daath
Ozzy

2001 had ONE, 2003 had TWO

This year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2003 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2001

Meshuggahailmeshuggah1

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2007, 02:22:33 pm »

caex said:
ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
Ozzman said:
KranialTork said:
Ozzman said:

Nile
Lordi
Chthonic
Behemoth
3 Inches of Blood
Daath
Ozzy

This year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2003 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2001
CTHONIC's lead singer no speaka too good. ::animatedlaugh

metalfuckinhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2007, 02:40:04 pm »

ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
Ozzman said:
KranialTork said:
Ozzman said:

Nile
Lordi
Chthonic
Behemoth
3 Inches of Blood
Daath
Ozzy

CTHONIC's lead singer no speaka too good. ::animatedlaugh
[/QUOTE]

i dont think that matters...they really kick ass

MetalFUCKINHead
xZakkxSlaughterx

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2007, 02:39:14 pm »

I think they're really good and really lucky.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: