HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Tide on mainstage  (Read 4714 times)
xZakkxSlaughterx

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2007, 02:48:43 pm »

KranialTork said:
inyerface38 said:
KranialTork said:
metalfuckinhead said:
Dres said: Wow... what an opportunity to play at the main stage... do they even have an album out yet?

nope!

no album, no reputation, no notoriety, no pubes yet...nothing...BULL SHIT

this an insult to nile, behemoth, daath, chthonic, devildriver, and 3iB

I don't think it's an insult at all!  I bet they're all happy for Black Tide, and the wonderful opportunity they've been given!  I think they're a solid band, and it really doesn't matter what age they are as long as they can rock ::animatedsmile

I agree,, some people have this Fest's name mixed up,, they think it should be called "DEATH FEST" not OZZFEST, OH well I know I'm looking forward to seeing everybody on the bill.

QFT

Meshuggahailmeshuggah1

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2007, 02:48:57 pm »

metalfuckinhead said: ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ChickenFucker said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
ozzyfuckedurmom said:
caex said:
Ozzman said:
KranialTork said:
Ozzman said:
praiseozzy said: just listened to them for a second chance, their not that bad second time around

it doesnt matter how good or bad they are. It's the principal of them being on the Main Satge when they don't deserve it.

Big deal!  I know that most bands have to work for years to get a chance like the one Black Tide has now, but can't we just be happy for these guys?  I really don't think that possitions on the ozzfest lineup should be a compition.  I think all that matters is weather or not the band is good, and obviously somebody (probably sharon) thought these guys were good, and you know what, so do I!  I'm not trying to pick a fight, and I do understand where you're coming from.  If you don't like the music these guys are putting out thats one thing, but I really don't think it's an insult to every band that's ever been on ozzfest just because they haven't been around long.  Besides, they're probably just putting them on the main stage to get around the second stage age requirement.  I doubt they'll get any longer than a second stage band.

You have a good point but this is Ozzfest the biggest metal festival in the world (for the sake of arguement i know there are other big rock festivals) and Sharon just pulls this band out of her ass and sticks them on the main stage. Now if it does turn out that this band only gets 20 minutes on the main stage then it is obvious that sharon just put them there to get around the fucked up rules of Jagermiester. But even then, wasn't the whole purpose of this band to replace Circus Diablo who by the way at least has an album out. If they get more than 20 minutes, that will be fucked up. But what ever, i dont really give a fuck about Black Tide it gives me time to go get a tee shirt.

Biggest Metal Festival in the world is WACKEN OPEN AIR, not Ozzfest.
would you consider it the biggest metal festival in america?

No. Biggest Hard Rock w/ some metal festival? Yes.
right on. i thought this years lineup was pretty good though. best since '04 imo.
Easily the worst lineup in OZZfest history imo. But it is free that's the only upside, but I would have had no problem paying for a real lineup as I have done for the last 11 years.

You have got to be fucking kidding. This lineup is no where NEAR the worst one. 2001 was a hell of a lot worse than this year, as was 2003 to name 2.
'01 was nu-metal central. i loved that year just because it was my first time seeing sabbath. other than that the line-up was shitty as hell.
Right and this year it is shit-metal central. Other than Ozzy, Lamb of God , and Devildriver There is nothing worth seeing imo. Hatebreed is ok, and Static-x is pretty cool live even though thier new cd sucks.  There are usually at least 8-10 bands that I can't wait to see. This year there is 2 or 3.

This year has 7 good bands:

Nile
Lordi
Chthonic
Behemoth
3 Inches of Blood
Daath
Ozzy

2001 had ONE, 2003 had TWO

This year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2003 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2001
CTHONIC's lead singer no speaka too good. ::animatedlaugh

i dont think that matters...they really kick ass
[/QUOTE]just an observation............

SEE YOU IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::animatedlaugh
DirtButton

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2007, 02:57:55 pm »

Who gives a shit about how old they are. Sharron and Ozzy run the show. I commend Ozzy and Sharron for putting them on the main stage. Jager tried to screw them because of their age. Oz and Sharron put them on the main stage to keep their word. Many bands have made the choice to play second stage over the main stage, including Ozzy himself. Let them play. Maybe they havent made a record yet, big fucking deal. Slipknot didnt have one out the first time they played the fest, and look at the sucess that they achieved. I dont care if you like them, Im just saying look what Ozzfest did for them. Ozzfest gives that opportunity to many bands every year. For youngs guys like Black Tide, it is the chance of a lifetime, lets see how they handle it. Nile and Behemoth will still get to play. Black Tide isnt screwing anyone. Jager tried to screw them. Nile and Behemoth will still get to play, who give a fuck what stage they are on. Maybe they chose to play second stage. Hatebreed has been on both stages and seem to prefer the second stage cuz the fans can get closer. f you want to see them play longer, go to an off date show. If it bothers you that much, just don't go to the show. Im sure Ozzy and Sharron will miss you not attending so much that they will let you run the shit next year, assholes.
KranialTork

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2007, 03:06:46 pm »

jobe420 said: Who gives a shit about how old they are. Sharron and Ozzy run the show. I commend Ozzy and Sharron for putting them on the main stage. Jager tried to screw them because of their age. Oz and Sharron put them on the main stage to keep their word. Many bands have made the choice to play second stage over the main stage, including Ozzy himself. Let them play. Maybe they havent made a record yet, big fucking deal. Slipknot didnt have one out the first time they played the fest, and look at the sucess that they achieved. I dont care if you like them, Im just saying look what Ozzfest did for them. Ozzfest gives that opportunity to many bands every year. For youngs guys like Black Tide, it is the chance of a lifetime, lets see how they handle it. Nile and Behemoth will still get to play. Black Tide isnt screwing anyone. Jager tried to screw them. Nile and Behemoth will still get to play, who give a fuck what stage they are on. Maybe they chose to play second stage. Hatebreed has been on both stages and seem to prefer the second stage cuz the fans can get closer. f you want to see them play longer, go to an off date show. If it bothers you that much, just don't go to the show. Im sure Ozzy and Sharron will miss you not attending so much that they will let you run the shit next year, assholes.

I think that's a pretty good point, but you used the wrong example.  There aren't many people here that like Slipknot ( I love 'em)  so they'll probably rip you apart just for that
DirtButton

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2007, 08:22:34 pm »

I dont care if other people like slipkont ( I do and thats my choice. Joey is fucking amazing) The true spirit of Ozzfest has always been to give lesser known bands a chance to shine. Talent is talent, weather it is shown on 10 cd's or none. Ozzfest was started because Ozzy couldnt do Lolapalooza (thank God) and they told him metal was dead. Jager tried to take away a once in a lifetime oppertunity because of their age. Ozzy and Sharron made it possible for them to get their chance, and now all the assholes on this board want to bitch about. As a matter of fact, they bitch about everything. Its free, and they still bitch. These guys suck, this band doesnt get  long enough. Who the fuck are these assholes to second guess Ozzy and Sharron? They made the choice to let them play, and instead of allowing some corprate fuck like jager to say who can and cant play at their show, they hold true to their word and let them play. That is something that should be commended, not bitched about. Ive never heard of Black Tide, but if Ozzy and Sharron think their music is good enough to be at their show, then I will give them a chance.
TerracottaPie

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2007, 08:41:06 pm »

well....I need to hear more of them than one goddamn song.

Metal_As_Fuck

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2007, 08:41:44 pm »

wtf the dude 14 fuck this band o well they have like one fucking song and it sucks ass

KranialTork

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2007, 08:45:07 pm »

beyondoasis said: well....I need to hear more of them than one goddamn song.

http://www.purevolume.com/radio

yeah I know it says Radio, but I think that used to be their name or something.  There are two songs, and two demos on there.  I don't know if that is 'official black tide music', but it's the same band, just a different name.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: