HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just read Fahrenheit 451...  (Read 1755 times)
Guest
« on: May 29, 2007, 05:12:25 pm »

Best book I've read in a long time.
Anyone else read it?
It's all about how censorship of ideas shouldn't be repressed via book-burning.
I'm not a Sci-fi fan, either.
Logged
Guest
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 05:13:27 pm »

I mean, ideas shouldn't be repressed. Not the censorship. Fucked that one up.
Logged
Ascetic_Priest
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 2914



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 05:13:31 pm »

I've read it, its not bad but I am not much of a fan of fiction
Logged

Guest
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 05:15:05 pm »

Quote
Ascetic_Priest said: I've read it, its not bad but I am not much of a fan of fiction
Me neither, actually. I liked the idea behind the story much more than the story itself.
Logged
LoweDownDirty1
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 3369



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 05:17:57 pm »

i love that story
Logged


Ascetic_Priest
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 2914



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 05:19:30 pm »

Quote

trahecorporum said:
Quote

Ascetic_Priest said: I've read it, its not bad but I am not much of a fan of fiction

Me neither, actually. I liked the idea behind the story much more than the story itself.


Same here, try Jennifer Government by Max Barry
Logged

Guest
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 05:20:14 pm »

Quote
Ascetic_Priest said:
Quote
trahecorporum said:
Quote
Ascetic_Priest said: I've read it, its not bad but I am not much of a fan of fiction
Me neither, actually. I liked the idea behind the story much more than the story itself.

Same here, try Jennifer Government by Max Barry
I will, thanks.
Logged
LoweDownDirty1
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 3369



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 05:21:35 pm »

if you haven't read it also try george orwell's 1984
Logged


dna_work_shop
New Member
*
Posts: 2171



View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 05:21:36 pm »

books are for lamers...even tho this book is awsome and so if fight club...
Logged

90% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
LoweDownDirty1
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 3369



View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 05:23:04 pm »

Quote
dna_work_shop said: books are for lamers...even tho this book is awsome and so if fight club...


dude, reading broadens the mind, try it sometime
Logged


Guest
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 05:24:29 pm »

Quote
LoweDownDirty1 said:
Quote
dna_work_shop said: books are for lamers...even tho this book is awsome and so if fight club...


dude, reading broadens the mind, try it sometime

Hahaha. Might help.
Cheaper than drugs, too.
Logged
Guest
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 05:46:17 pm »

Quote
dna_work_shop said: books are for lamers...even tho this book is awsome and so if fight club...
You fail at life.

And Farenheit 451 is pretty good. Not my favorite by any means, but really makes you think.

And 1984 is awesome. One of the best books I have read.
Logged
jennyb4u9
Community
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 5636



View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 05:51:55 pm »

havent read it but was it any good?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
WEBSITE & CONTENTS © DIVINE RECORDINGS.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Websites for Music Festivals