HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who believes in global warming?  (Read 7079 times)
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2007, 10:01:27 pm »

Morningstar said: This s for sure!!!!! I just got back from a road trip for my business and I am always amazed to fine that people will throw trash out in the back country when they are on a hike in the beautiful redwoods--it pisse me off. I know this is a very simple example but it's fresh in my mind. Take that to the greater scale and you have to wonder if anyone ever thinks beyond their short lives the impact we all have on the planet. You as one person just has to make a difference and it will catch on, I have seen this happen.

yeah but what can you do? some people are just dirtbags.
_Mr_Tinkertrain_

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2007, 10:03:56 pm »

I dont know if it is what everyone says it is but there definetly somthnig going on with weather, last winter we hardly got any snow at all, and today on my deck it said it was 112, which i never seen happen so i dunno

Morningstar

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2007, 10:05:28 pm »

So true!!!!

::finger::::surprise::animatedsmile
rockqueen

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2007, 10:26:04 pm »

People keep talking about how we'll all be underwater... but don't you realize half this country was underwater at some point in time. All of Oklahoma was.... so this isn't something new... a million years ago if I was sitting here... oh crap a fish just swam by.

Why are dumbasses so stupid? ::finger
ekoerner

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2007, 10:39:04 pm »

I disagree it is my belief that the weather we have today is all part of the planetary cycle of earth.

Once upon a time much of North America was covered by glaciers and they melted .  The atmosphere warmed and continues to warm till this day and soon the cycle will start over and again the temperatures will drop.

Our planet is constantly changing over time......great wetlands will over time will dry up...this is the end of a cycle.

The Mayan civilization has the most accurate calender ever created.  That calender ends December 21st 2012...Winter Solstice.

xZakkxSlaughterx

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2007, 10:41:06 pm »

ekoerner said: I disagree it is my belief that the weather we have today is all part of the planetary cycle of earth.

Once upon a time much of North America was covered by glaciers and they melted .  The atmosphere warmed and continues to warm till this day and soon the cycle will start over and again the temperatures will drop.

Our planet is constantly changing over time......great wetlands will over time will dry up...this is the end of a cycle.

The Mayan civilization has the most accurate calender ever created.  That calender ends December 21st 2012...Winter Solstice.

That's my other theory. It's either global warming or ^^^, but either way we're fucked.

Morningstar

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2007, 10:39:09 pm »

Ekoerner-what does that mean--The Mayen calender ends 12-21-2012.  Is that their prediction for the end of the world?

::finger::::surprise::animatedsmile
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2007, 10:53:08 pm »

ekoerner said: I disagree it is my belief that the weather we have today is all part of the planetary cycle of earth.

great care to explain why this warming trend GREATLY exceeds other warming trend. This one shows no sign of stopping. its at its peak and were making that peak increase and get higher.
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2007, 11:03:11 pm »

Morningstar said: Ekoerner-what does that mean--The Mayen calender ends 12-21-2012.  Is that their prediction for the end of the world?

no its the prediction for their new age.

the age of aquarius. Its not the end of the world people think it is. And its not the most accurate calendar ever created. They never had lead seconds or atomic clocks. we do. And even so what is their belif based on? religion? come on people.
ekoerner

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2007, 10:57:02 pm »

Morningstar said: Ekoerner-what does that mean--The Mayen calender ends 12-21-2012.  Is that their prediction for the end of the world?
Well there are many theories as to the meaning and astronomy behind this calender.

Some say this could be the beginning of the end.

Some like me say the dawn of a new age.

The astrological cycle behind the calender cannot be denied it is a cycle a cycle I believe that has repeated itself 1000's of times or greater.  

It was the Mayan civilization that first recorded it not  that long ago as Earth history goes....the past 2300 years is just a small part of Earth history.

We will be fine as long as there are no changes to the Earths or the Moons polarity and or course as a result of the great alignment in 2012......

In My Opinion .....the most delicate thing that keeps Earth balanced is the Moon and if anything were to ever change the relationship of Moon and Earth.....Then you should start to be concerned.

« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2007, 11:08:42 pm »

ekoerner said:

Well there are many theories as to the meaning and astronomy behind this calender.

The astrological cycle behind the calender cannot be denied it is a cycle a cycle I believe that has repeated itself 1000's of times or greater.  

It was the Mayan civilization that first recorded it not  that long ago as Earth history goes....the past 2300 years is just a small part of Earth history.

We will be fine as long as there are no changes to the Earths or the Moons polarity and or course as a result of the great alignment in 2012......

In My Opinion .....the most delicate thing that keeps Earth balanced is the Moon and if anything were to ever change the relationship of Moon and Earth.....Then you should start to be concerned.

funny you should mention that. The moon is actually moving away from us (its widely accepted that this is from a collision when from when earth was forming) So every day is longer than the previous day. Which is why last year scientists added a leap second on new years eve. Today is the longest day in the history of the earth and tomorrow will be longer. Were talking about fractions of a second though.
ekoerner

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2007, 11:15:26 pm »

Polarized said:
ekoerner said:

funny you should mention that. The moon is actually moving away from us (its widely accepted that this is from a collision when from when earth was forming) So every day is longer than the previous day. Which is why last year scientists added a leap second on new years eve. Today is the longest day in the history of the earth and tomorrow will be longer. Were talking about fractions of a second though.

Scientist believe if it was not for the moon the planetary wobble or is I say the 4 seasons would mean extreme changes yearly.

The distancing moon could be the very reason for climate change.

Without the moon the Poles would nearly hit the Equator.  

So lets say you live in Cuba now.....well with no Moon to balance the Earth ....Cuba will land in northern Canada for the winter and return to its regular position in Summer......Life will go on..... however difficult it may be::smile

« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2007, 11:38:53 pm »

ekoerner said:

Polarized said:

ekoerner said:

Scientist believe if it was not for the moon the planetary wobble or is I say the 4 seasons would mean extreme changes yearly.

The distancing moon could be the very reason for climate change.

Without the moon the Poles would nearly hit the Equator.  

So lets say you live in Cuba now.....well with no Moon to balance the Earth ....Cuba will land in northern Canada for the winter and return to its regular position in Summer......Life will go on..... however difficult it may be::smile

theirs more than just the moon that holds the earth in tilt. Because were already at tilt it wont be extreme when the moon leaves but it will be more noticable. Earth will stll sustain life. The moon isnt drifting away fast enough to cause global warming on this scale. It would be gradual over a billion years or so. By then the sun would start to expand and wed be fucked. Now it has 4 billion years of life yet BUT the sun its self could start to expand as early as a billion years. Either way the sun expanding is a bigger threat to life than the moon leaving. And no the sun expanding is not responisble for global warming because it hasnt reached that phase yet.
ekoerner

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2007, 12:06:24 am »

Migration ......Is good evidence for this theroy

Why do Ducks, Geese and Butterflies migrate?

In todays world is it necessary?....No not really.

So why do birds like Geese make these long journeys......because  they had to? ...why not stay south?

Too hot ....too cold
.old habits are hard to change maybe.

Human Migration......Native Americans we know once migrated long distance. Canada to Mexico!

Migration is simply maintaining a temperate environment in which to survive......so if cuba is on the Equator one month and in Canada another month.......life has to migrate to survive.

Mother Earth has been there done that......all part of a cycle.

« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2007, 12:11:43 am »

ekoerner said: Migration ......Is good evidence for this theroy

Why do Ducks, Geese and Butterflies migrate?

In todays world is it necessary?....No not really.

So why do birds like Geese make these long journeys......because  they had to? ...why not stay south?

Too hot ....too cold
.old habits are hard to change maybe.

Human Migration......Native Americans we know once migrated long distance. Canada to Mexico!

Migration is simply maintaining a temperate environment in which to survive......so if cuba is on the Equator one month and in Canada another month.......life has to migrate to survive.

Mother Earth has been there done that......all part of a cycle.

animals migrate to breed and for food. Because climates are warmer further south their is different and more foods available to eat. Its not overly complicated.NAtive Americans would move to the shore in the summer and move inland during the winter to hunt game. its more to do with the climate than the earths tilt if thats what your getting at.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: