HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone here openly a Satanist?  (Read 18078 times)
Linnylikewingy

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 01, 2007, 10:27:06 pm »

Yeah, I guess it's a pretty "freeform."

I feel that "freeform" is such a welcome thing in regards to Satanic Magick.  I roll my eyes at the old "grimoires".  They are outdated and boring,

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 01, 2007, 10:29:25 pm »

Linnylikewingy said:
Yeah, I guess it's a pretty "freeform."

I feel that "freeform" is such a welcome thing in regards to Satanic Magick.  I roll my eyes at the old "grimoires".  They are outdated and boring,

Linnylikewingy said: I have grown so sick of the word, "Christian".  I have grown sick of the term, "Christ-like".  I only want to be myself.

Yes, I am myself. I'm human, not a sheep. The grimoires are confusing, I don't want to waste my time with them. They are kind of interesting, though I'd never get into them.

Ozzette_68
Community

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 01, 2007, 10:29:26 pm »

Linnylikewingy said:
If it works for you, more power to ya'
It really is working for me.  I just idenitfy with it all...I can't expalin it really.

I'm scared.  j/k::animatedsmile

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 01, 2007, 10:30:56 pm »

Ozzette_68 said:

Linnylikewingy said:

It really is working for me.  I just idenitfy with it all...I can't expalin it really.

I'm scared.  j/k::animatedsmile

Be afraid... be VERY afraid.

Diablo_Del_La_Rosa

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 01, 2007, 10:56:55 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
Diablo_Del_La_Rosa said:
CannibalCorpse said:
Diablo_Del_La_Rosa said:
Linnylikewingy said:
Diablo_Del_La_Rosa said: I am a practicing Satanist.   I don't follow LaVey Satanism though.  I do agree with some of his teachings, but I believe there is a God and a Devil.
I strongly identify with Laveyean Satanism, so that's my vehicle (at least for now).

I hate rituals. I guess if you look at it though, a great part of our lives are spent doing a sort of ritual... anyways, I just think it's kind of funny, but hey, if you're doing it in your own way, that's cool.

Yea I grew up with pagan parents who do alot of rituals worshiping all sorts of things.  And they sing and dance and make animal noises sometimes. It is rather ridiculous if you ask me.  And I don't go to those extremes.  

But I need to be able to worship is some fashion and my style of worship is really relaxed.

::animatedlaugh Wow and I thought my parents were weird. Well, they still are, just in a different way. I don't believe in worshipping anything. Also, if anything, then yourself, so I guess that's a Laveyan form of thinking, except I'm not all about excess. Unless we're talking money... Yeah, but as long as someone's not totally close-minded and crazy about their worship, it's not all bad. Unlike Christians.

Even Ghandi saw the flaws in Christianity.

"I would be a Christian.  If it weren't for the Christians."  -  Ghandi

Evil_MetalGoddess

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 02, 2007, 12:04:17 am »

Meilan_Firaga said:
wishman35 said:
JiveTurkey said: Satanism is just as dumb as anything else. Maybe even dumber. Dumb and Dumber, get it?

i think it is more cultural satanism these days, just people opposed to christianity rather then those back in the medieval days who wrote bibles of the devil and had the church of satan.

today it is mostly kids who are rebellious and have to find a way to oppose that which the normal kids support. They want to be feared in my opinion. In some ways it is fearful

#1.  Satanism is a term that was invented by the Vatican during the Age of Enlightenment to discourage people from going over to science.  The Illuminati, for example, were a group of scientists trying to progress the world's knowledge of things such as astronomy that were labeled Satanists.  This, for reference, occurred from the 1600s to roughly 1800 anno domini (A.D.), which was several hundred years beyond medieval times.

#2.  Satanism as a religion (called the Church of Satan) was founded by Anton LeVay in 1966.  Obviously, 1966 is not medieval times.  LeVay authored a book called The Satanic Bible which, oddly enough, has nothing whatsoever about worshipping a devil figure.  True Satanists do not believe in either a Devil or God.

#3.  Rebelious children who claim to worship a devil are NOT Satanists.  They do not belong to the Church of Satan, and they certainly don't actually know how to perform any type of black magick.

#4.  The basic principle of Satanism is to do what makes one happy regardless of the consequences.  It is the ultimate narcissistic religion.  Think "Be Selfish."

Sorry for the rant, but I have horrid issues with the misconceptions revolving around Satanism as a whole.

totally agree

Hail the Evil_Metalgoddess! Bow @ her Feet!::finger
Linnylikewingy

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2007, 06:14:17 pm »

Meilan_Firaga said:Sorry for the rant, but I have horrid issues with the misconceptions revolving around Satanism as a whole.

Your rant was a great one, and I totally agree.

I_am_the_black_wizard

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2007, 02:11:49 am »

woo! Looks like quite a bit happened while I was gone. =D

To Linny, Badass. Way to be!!

I really like how the ritual were brought up, because I think pretty much the same way all of you guys do.

I like how they can be a part of the experience, but you dont have to do it.

It nice not to be forced into anything, you know?

deadjesus

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2007, 03:17:50 am »

http://web.satanism101.com/

There you go.

---------------------------------
I was the turkey ALLLL ALONG!
I_am_the_black_wizard

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2007, 03:26:08 am »

Linnylikewingy said:
Meilan_Firaga said:Sorry for the rant, but I have horrid issues with the misconceptions revolving around Satanism as a whole.

Your rant was a great one, and I totally agree.

As do I.

STARBUCK

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2007, 08:36:29 am »

You can begin to recognize the energies that exist and learn to flow in the same direction of their force, or you can be willful and resist what really is, and never even know truth.  If you learn the flow, you can tap into real magic and evolve in a true way, or you can do your own will and choose to create blockages of energy that invite inertia, disease, and an overactive imagination that you have 'special powers' that you do not really posess.  It has nothing to do with morals, it has nothing to do with obedience.  There are laws that rule the universe (of a higher and lower scale), which is why the concept of following your own will is rather silly.  If you don't believe me, look where doing things one's own way gets an alcoholic.
Moshkinstein

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2007, 08:51:57 am »

Damn this thread is still alive? Wow.::finger

STARBUCK

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2007, 11:28:42 am »

Meilan_Firaga said:

#2.  Satanism as a religion (called the Church of Satan) was founded by Anton LeVay in 1966.  Obviously, 1966 is not medieval times.  LeVay authored a book called The Satanic Bible which, oddly enough, has nothing whatsoever about worshipping a devil figure.  True Satanists do not believe in either a Devil or God.

#3.  Rebelious children who claim to worship a devil are NOT Satanists.  They do not belong to the Church of Satan, and they certainly don't actually know how to perform any type of black magick.

#4.  The basic principle of Satanism is to do what makes one happy regardless of the consequences.  It is the ultimate narcissistic religion.  Think "Be Selfish."

It may appear that Satanism does not revolve around a Devil or a God, however it does base it's principals on deliberately defying those set forth in the bible.  Why would it be called "Satanism" and be based on defiance if there is nothing to defy?  Doing one's own will ,which is one of the principles of Satanism is a direct reference to the commandments in the bible.  Therefore the entire 'religion' is based on a knee-jerk reaction to that of another.

Lavey was correct in his assertion that denying oneself one's carnal nature is useless, but there is nothing understood past that, and Satanism therefore becomes an empty dead end.  Moralistic thinking is really quite useless, it is true, and it isn't even correct.  One must seek to fully understand one's carnal nature from the very core of those impulses and try to follow what happens with the energy from there.  Self-denial (and other, different exercises) is meant as a path toward understanding what one is made of, what drives oneself.  When that is even a little bit understood with something deeper than one's surface self, one can gain certain freedoms from being pulled along like a puppet by his or her impulses.  That is the only real magic, everything else is the result of an active imagination.  This was the original intent of fasting, of denial of the expression of impulses, but it is vastly misinterpreted and misunderstood, and really was only meant to be used as an exercise for those who deeply understand something about energies already.  Otherwise self-denial is useless and can actually cause more harm than good.
I_am_the_black_wizard

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2007, 12:03:48 pm »

STARBUCK said: It may appear that Satanism does not revolve around a Devil or a God, however it does base it's principals on deliberately defying those set forth in the bible.  Why would it be called "Satanism" and be based on defiance if there is nothing to defy?  Doing one's own will ,which is one of the principles of Satanism is a direct reference to the commandments in the bible.  Therefore the entire 'religion' is based on a knee-jerk reaction to that of another.

Ok, I dont really like that,  because it was it was not intended to defy the bible just by doing ones own will. Just because that was in the bible, does not mean that we just picked it to go against the bible.

gloria

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2007, 12:09:17 pm »

STARBUCK said: You can begin to recognize the energies that exist and learn to flow in the same direction of their force, or you can be willful and resist what really is, and never even know truth.  If you learn the flow, you can tap into real magic and evolve in a true way, or you can do your own will and choose to create blockages of energy that invite inertia, disease, and an overactive imagination that you have 'special powers' that you do not really posess.  It has nothing to do with morals, it has nothing to do with obedience.  There are laws that rule the universe (of a higher and lower scale), which is why the concept of following your own will is rather silly.  If you don't believe me, look where doing things one's own way gets an alcoholic.

hahahahahahahahah! i am openly an alcoholic!  and i may be joking there. but anyhow. there are laws in the universe. i agree with that. this has been happeneing before religious experiences.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: