HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone here openly a Satanist?  (Read 17332 times)
Diablo_Del_La_Rosa

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2007, 12:24:02 pm »

There are many different styles of Satanism.  LaVey Satanism happens to be the most popular.  I agree with alot of what is said in his style of Satanism, but I see one major flaw. By establishing CoS and setting the Guidelines of the religion he has created a sort of misunderstanding.  

Satanist now have a to realize that just because someone doesn't follow his teachings doesn't make said person any less of a "true satanist."  LaVey was a great visionary and a very interesting man, but some of his philosophy doesn't agree with me.  For example he teaches that there is no "God" or "Devil" and that the only true entity is within yourself, and you must also see that you are just another animal on this planet.  

Now for me I happen to believe there is God and there is Satan, and that is the only place where I differ in my beliefs. Does it make me less of a Satanist?  No it doesn't and if anyone from the CoS says different has become something that LaVey was trying to avoid.  A lamb.  Someone who follows blindly and does not question or think for themselves.  I am a goat because I do what I see fit and think for myself.  And this is what LaVey wanted.  And this is why there is a goat head in the baphomet pentagram.

Don't let yourself become a just another blind sheep that follows a leader blindly.  You must think for yourself or your no better than the Christians.

deadjesus

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2007, 12:56:30 pm »

Personally, while I agree with a few of his ideas, I see Lavey as really just a carnie showman with a decent understanding of human psychology.  Satanism has been described as "the weird nebulous place where science and psychology cross," and if you cut through all of his "look over here, look at me, I'm so evil" carnie sideshow part of it, you can see that.

---------------------------------
I was the turkey ALLLL ALONG!
I_am_the_black_wizard

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2007, 11:20:58 pm »

Diablo_Del_La_Rosa said: There are many different styles of Satanism.  LaVey Satanism happens to be the most popular.  I agree with alot of what is said in his style of Satanism, but I see one major flaw. By establishing CoS and setting the Guidelines of the religion he has created a sort of misunderstanding.  

Satanist now have a to realize that just because someone doesn't follow his teachings doesn't make said person any less of a "true satanist."  LaVey was a great visionary and a very interesting man, but some of his philosophy doesn't agree with me.  For example he teaches that there is no "God" or "Devil" and that the only true entity is within yourself, and you must also see that you are just another animal on this planet.  

Now for me I happen to believe there is God and there is Satan, and that is the only place where I differ in my beliefs. Does it make me less of a Satanist?  No it doesn't and if anyone from the CoS says different has become something that LaVey was trying to avoid.  A lamb.  Someone who follows blindly and does not question or think for themselves.  I am a goat because I do what I see fit and think for myself.  And this is what LaVey wanted.  And this is why there is a goat head in the baphomet pentagram.

Don't let yourself become a just another blind sheep that follows a leader blindly.  You must think for yourself or your no better than the Christians.

I must say, well said. *claps*

Diablo_Del_La_Rosa

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2007, 11:34:46 pm »

I_am_the_black_wizard said:
Diablo_Del_La_Rosa said: There are many different styles of Satanism.  LaVey Satanism happens to be the most popular.  I agree with alot of what is said in his style of Satanism, but I see one major flaw. By establishing CoS and setting the Guidelines of the religion he has created a sort of misunderstanding.  

Thank you. I can be smart when I want to be.

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2007, 11:36:43 pm »

Diablo_Del_La_Rosa said:

Yep, your thoughts are well formed. I agree. That sounds very conformist... ::laugh

Diablo_Del_La_Rosa

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2007, 11:40:48 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
Diablo_Del_La_Rosa said:

Yep, your thoughts are well formed. I agree. That sounds very conformist... ::laugh

Aww

yall are ganna make me blush... yeah right

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2007, 11:43:10 pm »

Diablo_Del_La_Rosa said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Diablo_Del_La_Rosa said:

Aww

yall are ganna make me blush... yeah right

::animatedlaugh Watch out!

Anton makes some good points, but his whole magic and decadence kind of throws me off a bit. Also the rituals are a bit ridiculous. I love reading his material, though.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: