HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOTU review, Denver 8/8/07  (Read 1314 times)
Coulrophile

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2007, 03:21:54 pm »

First off, I would say I would review Necro, This Is Hell, or 2 Cents but as you know Necro dropped off the tour. But, This Is Hell and 2 Cents didn't even show up so I didn't get a chance to hear them.

Goatwhore: They put on a pretty good live show and the crowd seemed to be really into them. They played some stuff from A Hauntiing Curse and earlier albums and they announced that they were gonna be on the Cannibal Corpse tour later this year. They ended with Alchemy Of The Black Sun Cult.
9.5/10

Heavy Heavy Low Low: they were horrible and very few people were into them. The singer didn't even announce who they were and a lot of people around me thought they were 2 Cents. They just, sucked, a lot. There is no other way I could put it.
0/10

The Acacia Strain: They were...mediocre. Very mediocre, typical chug chug breakdown hardcore shit. All their stuff sounded the same and it just got boring. On top of that the singer really wanted some crowd participation which he didn't get because not too many people were into them.
4/10

The Devil Wears Prada: They sucked, boring generic christian hardcore shit. Them stating that they were christians didnt help either, instead it compelled a lot of the audience to give them the finger.
2/10

12 looks like you: I can't even remember their music because I was too busy hitting my head against a wall waiting for their horrible music to stop.
1/10

Amon Amarth: They kicked some viking ass. They opened with Valhall Awaits Me. Most of the crowd were really into them and they probably had the biggest pit of any of the bands. They played all of their best songs, Runes TO My Memory, Asator and they closed with In pursuit of Vikings. I got a poster signed by them at their signing booth.
11/10

Darkest Hour: They were alright. I don't know their but they were the only band I hadn't heard before that actually kind of impressed me. Good stage show and the crowd was into them.
7/10

Job For A Cowboy: These guys put on a pretty good show but it was interrupted by a lot of technical difficulties. They stopped playing for about 5 minutes while one of the guitar players desperatly tried to fix his amp. They were just alright but I think in a few years they will be an incredible live band.
8/10

Chimaira: They opened with Nothing Remains and man did they kick ass. They are an incredible live band, good energy and they really got the crowd going. They even had their original bassist back. During the show they brought out one of their fans so he could propose to his girlfriend onstage. They ended with Pure Hatred I think. Good show.
10/10

Everytime I Die: I wasn't really all that into them at all and they weren't very good live. Not my thing and the crowd didn't really like them either but they were better than a few of the other opening bands.
5/10

Shadows Fall: Pretty cool live, and the lead singer has fucking long dreads. the crowd were into them and they got a huge circle pit going. They are a pretty cool live band, even though not my favorite band.
10/10

Gwar: What can I say, you all know Gwar. Blood shot out of every location imaginable. It's too bad a lot of people left before Gwar took the stage, it was only 1/3 full at that point. Of course, these guys are known for their live show and they did not dissapoint.
10.5/10

Hopefully next year's SOTU will be lacking bands like Heavy Heavy Low Low and #12. But overall it was a good day.

WingedOctopus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 05:10:57 pm »

Good and honest review.  Maybe I'll propose during a Daath concert (in a while, of course, as I'm only 16)

::animatedlaugh Burger King Diamond
metalfuckinhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 04:39:46 am »

good review dude

MetalFUCKINHead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: