HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Controversial opinions...post here!  (Read 7005 times)
Ascetic_Priest

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2007, 09:00:36 pm »

I hate capitalism

Engel

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2007, 09:01:08 pm »

liz1259 said:

Engel said:

liz1259 said: i like linkin park  ::surprise

they impressed me when i saw them live

I like them too, I don't know why people hate them though.

If the answer is "because they are numetal" I would be a bit disappointed.

i hate that answer, thats such an ignorant statement
i thought they were just a commercial bullshit band, but they really gave it their all live, they didnt wanna leave the stage
i like the rapcore style...its different

Yeah, there is no real reason why they hate them except that it is numetal. Unless someone here shows otherwise.
SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2007, 10:35:08 pm »

Engel said:
liz1259 said:
Engel said:

i thought they were just a commercial bullshit band, but they really gave it their all live, they didnt wanna leave the stage

Yeah, there is no real reason why they hate them except that it is numetal. Unless someone here shows otherwise.

this is from a review of 'hybrid theory' on allmusic.com

"'One Step Closer', the track released to radio in advance of the album's release, is a typical effort, with lyrics like "Everything you say to me/Takes me one step closer to the edge/And I'm about to break." It might be easier to believe in all this angst if the group members didn't take such pains to thank their families in the lengthy acknowledgments in the CD booklet, followed by an extensive list of product endorsements. But even without the fine print to undermine its sincerity, Linkin Park sounds like a Johnny-come-lately to an already overdone musical style."

i could have paraphrased, but this guy hits the nail on the head. there is nothing visceral or real about linkin park. it's like they saw anger on tv and decided to write a song about it. if they were at least a little bit original, they might be able to get away with it, but they aren't. i'm not completely against rap-metal crossover in theory. i was quite a rage against the machine fan when they were around and the 'bring the noise'/judgment night experiments were interesting. but most of the bands, instead of taking cues from real hip hop and metal, chose to copy rap metal bands one generation ahead of them. whats worse, is that they took most of the worst traits (whiny vocals, boring guitars, unskilled turntables) and blended them with pop rock. linkin park are a prime example of all of this.

*that* is why i hate linkin park.

liz1259

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2007, 10:49:19 pm »

SATAN said:
Engel said:
liz1259 said:
Engel said:

"'One Step Closer', the track released to radio in advance of the album's release, is a typical effort, with lyrics like "Everything you say to me/Takes me one step closer to the edge/And I'm about to break." It might be easier to believe in all this angst if the group members didn't take such pains to thank their families in the lengthy acknowledgments in the CD booklet, followed by an extensive list of product endorsements. But even without the fine print to undermine its sincerity, Linkin Park sounds like a Johnny-come-lately to an already overdone musical style."

i could have paraphrased, but this guy hits the nail on the head. there is nothing visceral or real about linkin park. it's like they saw anger on tv and decided to write a song about it. if they were at least a little bit original, they might be able to get away with it, but they aren't. i'm not completely against rap-metal crossover in theory. i was quite a rage against the machine fan when they were around and the 'bring the noise'/judgment night experiments were interesting. but most of the bands, instead of taking cues from real hip hop and metal, chose to copy rap metal bands one generation ahead of them. whats worse, is that they took most of the worst traits (whiny vocals, boring guitars, unskilled turntables) and blended them with pop rock. linkin park are a prime example of all of this.

ok thats a valid explanation

i dont think they're anything more than band with catchy tunes that are good to listen to when you're pissed off
they are what they are...nothing too deep, just some sing-a-long-able choruses, i think its entertaining...nothing great tho

SwitchKiller

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2007, 10:59:47 pm »

I kinda think all there songs sound the same, but they sound somewhat original. They are kinda like a heavier version of 311...kinda. I hate 'em, personally.

ELTON SAYS, "GO TO THE ELTON THREAD OR I WILL EAT YOUR FACE!!!"
FragtheWeak

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2007, 10:58:05 am »

i'm sure this will piss some one off...i think all lamb of god songs sound almost exaclty the same

You guys having some satanic guitar pick isn't gonna make your rock any better because Satan's not in a guitar pick, he's inside all of us
Engel

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2007, 01:05:16 pm »

liz1259 said:

SATAN said:

Engel said:

liz1259 said:

Engel said:

ok thats a valid explanation

i dont think they're anything more than band with catchy tunes that are good to listen to when you're pissed off
they are what they are...nothing too deep, just some sing-a-long-able choruses, i think its entertaining...nothing great tho

That was definately valid, I bet no one can think of anything else reasonable than what Satan wrote; unless they just say, "What Satan said"

I'm not saying I love their music though, just something to listen to once in a while when something else gets boring.
liz1259

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2007, 01:06:12 pm »

FragtheWeak said: i'm sure this will piss some one off...i think all lamb of god songs sound almost exaclty the same

::confused::confused::confused

you need to listen to it more

Strat

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2007, 05:40:21 pm »

I watched Michael Vick this morning give a speech.... at one point he said that during this whole thing that he had found Jesus.

It almost made me throw my pizza at the TV..... not only is Vick a piece of garbage; but now he's using an even bigger piece of garbage (christianity) to earn to sympathy from others.  Well... FUCK THAT; Fuck Vick and Fuck Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2007, 05:38:38 pm »

Strat said: I watched Michael Vick this morning give a speech.... at one point he said that during this whole thing that he had found Jesus.

It almost made me throw my pizza at the TV..... not only is Vick a piece of garbage; but now he's using an even bigger piece of garbage (christianity) to earn to sympathy from others.  Well... FUCK THAT; Fuck Vick and Fuck Jesus.
His theology is flawed anyway. People don't 'find' Jesus, Jesus finds them. It's up to the person to notice...Strat has better theology by saying f*** Jesus than Vick does. And Vick is probably lying anyway.

SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2007, 06:02:29 pm »

Strat said: I watched Michael Vick this morning give a speech.... at one point he said that during this whole thing that he had found Jesus.

there's no better way to hold favor with the dumb than to use god

SwitchKiller

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2007, 06:10:47 pm »

SATAN said:

there's no better way to hold favor with the dumb than to use god
Hold favor? Most of the time, people mention God and everyone goes nuts, saying it offends 'em. I think he was trying it to hold favor just by saying he's changed.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: