HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago...  (Read 1877 times)
Black_Magic

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2007, 04:15:08 pm »

Don't have any pics, sorry Tongue

2 things...

1st, You fucking disgust me, chicago, I'll be the first to admit I'm not the biggest fan of lordi, but to chant 'you suck' after every song is just a disgrace, if you don't like them, go take a piss, go look at some merch,chat with your friends or go buy some food.  

2nd, Lamb of God.  I'm not the biggest fan, but I definitely got in the spirit last night.  about 3/4th through their set they told the lawn to get into a big fucking circle pit.  And did Chicago ever get into a big fucking circle pit.  Biggest pit I've seen at ozzfest, hell, biggest pit I've seen EVER.  Somebody HAS to have some pictures/video of that, please post it up here.
WingedOctopus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 04:26:32 pm »

You only reviewed two bands?  That is pretty lame that the crowd was cruel to Lordi.  The crowd was more into them at Columbus

::animatedlaugh Burger King Diamond
iluvA7XtoDEATH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 06:36:42 pm »

i have a vid of sod being thrown all over the place

iluvA7XtoDEATH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:39:17 pm »

static-x pic

Black_Magic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 09:14:37 pm »

Well there wasn't anything else really memorable.  I got fucked up in the nile pit so I didn't see any of the rest of the 2nd stage bands up close.  In This Moment had an awesome Gregorian chant type of thing to start with, and the chick is fucking hot, but they weren't that good :/  My friend wasn't looking forward to hatebreed but said he loved them.  Everything else was normal and what you'd expect from ozzfest, nothing much to review.

At first I wasn't going, because I didn't get any of the free tickets, but one of my friends couldn't make it, I found out about it the day before.  Glad I got to go, it was a good fest.
Black_Magic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 09:08:04 pm »

Oh yeah, and one guy was in the pit with sandals, one of them ripped, so he just threw them away and moshed barefoot the rest of the show.  I would say that's fucking metal, but it's just fucking stupid Tongue
brokenxmachine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 01:13:35 am »

I've gotta say I loved the Chthonic, Static-X, and Lamb of God performances. Too bad I wasn't in that huge ass pit when Lamb of God was on. Before, it was just two small pits but I guess it got bigger until it all just merged together. The whole fucking lawn was a pit! Super insane.

Some people were just not into it though. A lot of people just stood around (hell just sat around) most of the time. I mean, you're at fucking OZZFEST. Its okay to get crazy! In this moment kept telling people to jump around but no one got into it. We tried but no one was going along with it.

P.S. Doris from Chthonic and the chick from In This Moment are hot...::laugh
behnwilson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 03:43:51 pm »

brokenxmachine said: I've gotta say I loved the Chthonic, Static-X, and Lamb of God performances. Too bad I wasn't in that huge ass pit when Lamb of God was on. Before, it was just two small pits but I guess it got bigger until it all just merged together. The whole fucking lawn was a pit! Super insane.

Some people were just not into it though. A lot of people just stood around (hell just sat around) most of the time. I mean, you're at fucking OZZFEST. Its okay to get crazy! In this moment kept telling people to jump around but no one got into it. We tried but no one was going along with it.

P.S. Doris from Chthonic and the chick from In This Moment are hot...::laugh

I think the apathy of the crowd at the main stage had more to do with the sound quality than anything else.  It was fine for Ozzy but for the rest of the bands on the main stage it was BRUTAL.  Im a big fan of Lamb of God, but it sounded so bad where we were we could barely make out what songs they were playing.  Especially the covals whih were indistinguishable.  Same for Static X.  I was actually bored during their sets and I just saw Static X at The Rave a couple of months ago and it absoutely rocked.  

The sound was fine for Ozzy.  Too bad they didnt put as much effort into the soudn for theother bands.

Bad or good sound, Lordi flat out sucked!

From now on I will go to the ALpine Valley show instead.  I know it was free but I was severley disappointed.
brokenxmachine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 05:06:40 pm »

behnwilson said:

I think the apathy of the crowd at the main stage had more to do with the sound quality than anything else.  It was fine for Ozzy but for the rest of the bands on the main stage it was BRUTAL.  Im a big fan of Lamb of God, but it sounded so bad where we were we could barely make out what songs they were playing.  Especially the covals whih were indistinguishable.  Same for Static X.  I was actually bored during their sets and I just saw Static X at The Rave a couple of months ago and it absoutely rocked.  

The sound was fine for Ozzy.  Too bad they didnt put as much effort into the soudn for theother bands.

Bad or good sound, Lordi flat out sucked!

From now on I will go to the ALpine Valley show instead.  I know it was free but I was severley disappointed.

Yeah I didn't like Lordi. Still no excuse for everyone to boo them off the stage. That's just disrespectful.
iluvA7XtoDEATH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 12:17:52 pm »

behnwilson said:
 I was actually bored during their sets and I just saw Static X at The Rave a couple of months ago and it absoutely rocked.  

i must say the rave is one of my favorite venues of all time....the energy there is INCREDIBLE....i also like the vic theatre in chicago

behnwilson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 10:55:05 pm »

iluvA7XtoDEATH said:

behnwilson said:
 I was actually bored during their sets and I just saw Static X at The Rave a couple of months ago and it absoutely rocked.  

i must say the rave is one of my favorite venues of all time....the energy there is INCREDIBLE....i also like the vic theatre in chicago

Your right about The Rave, the crowds there are insane.  I only go there if the act isnt coming to chicago though.  Im going to see upcoming shows there by Megadeth and Korn, I cant wait.

I also just got tix for the upcoming show at The Vic of Shadows Fall & Static X.  Thats one Helluva twinbill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: