HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Bands with Shitty vocalists  (Read 6854 times)
SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 02:52:41 pm »

caex said:

SATAN said:

caex said:

SATAN said: iced earth
iron maiden

Bruce doesn't have a shitty voice, nor does Tim Owens

i don't like men who sound like women. it's a personal preference.

Neither of them sound like women.

yes they do.

power metal vocalists are an embarrassment. i was stretching to even admit iced earth and iron maiden have good music. they're stupid-ass vocals get in the way of some otherwise decent metal. i can barely listen to either of them without laughing.

JuuKun666

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 02:59:47 pm »

...Okay, I originally thought this was a serious thread - then I saw people saying Tim Owens, Bruce Dickinson, Andi Deris, and Angela Gossow were bad vocalists. ::confused

Formerly JuuKun

ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 03:15:27 pm »

SATAN said:
caex said:
SATAN said:
caex said:
iron maiden

yes they do.

power metal vocalists are an embarrassment. i was stretching to even admit iced earth and iron maiden have good music. they're stupid-ass vocals get in the way of some otherwise decent metal. i can barely listen to either of them without laughing.
Well I will give you credit for being original, as I have never in my life heard of Bruce Dickinson being questioned on his singing abilities.
Unfortunately with a statement like that, all of your credibility went out the window. Although it is an opinion question like most of them , so you too are entitled to one, no matter how musically misguided you may be.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 03:15:46 pm »

I would say System of a Down....but I think the band is shitty too.

SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 03:27:23 pm »

ChickenFucker said:

SATAN said:

caex said:

SATAN said:

caex said:

iron maiden

yes they do.

Well I will give you credit for being original, as I have never in my life heard of Bruce Dickinson being questioned on his singing abilities.
Unfortunately with a statement like that, all of your credibility went out the window. Although it is an opinion question like most of them , so you too are entitled to one, no matter how musically misguided you may be.

like i give a fuck what you think or about my "credibility". who the fuck are you? the credibility police?

power metal in general is a distillation of everything wrong with metal. it removes the aggression and concentrates on the technical prowess. i could give a shit if a vocalist can sing well. if he sounds like a bitch, i'm not going to listen to him.

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 04:04:54 pm »

SATAN said:

ChickenFucker said:

SATAN said:

caex said:

SATAN said:

caex said:

iron maiden

yes they do.

like i give a fuck what you think or about my "credibility". who the fuck are you? the credibility police?

power metal in general is a distillation of everything wrong with metal. it removes the aggression and concentrates on the technical prowess. i could give a shit if a vocalist can sing well. if he sounds like a bitch, i'm not going to listen to him.

I agree that power metal vocals are shitty for the most part, and most power metal singers do sound like bitches, but i dont think Bruce of Tim sound like women at all.  Arent Iron Maiden heavy metal and Iced Earth thrash metal though?
Metal_As_Fuck

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 04:17:32 pm »

3 INCHES OF BLOOD
DRAGON FORCE

KommieKazie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 05:17:56 pm »

Behemoth....  I really don't get why they're popular with that mono-toned grunting.  Can someone please explain?
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 05:21:48 pm »

I really don't care much for Tim Owens in Iced Earth.

And Johan wtf pwned Angela's voice in Arch Enemy

metalbeast
Community

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 05:15:35 pm »

Love Behemoth and Chimaira I think both have great vocalists I saw them both mentioned and felt strongly enough to disagree also with Dickenson and Owens both great vocalists.The only band I would say for me would fit into this catagory would be Megadeth I don't like Mustains vocals at all.
SwitchKiller

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 10:30:03 pm »

Weird Al Yankovich. His band is pretty talented to be able to play all different kinds of music (granted they are mostly covers, but they have done rap, rock, country, polka...). But Al's vocals are bad, which is kind of adds to the humor of it, I guess. His 'You're Pitiful' is great.

ELTON SAYS, "GO TO THE ELTON THREAD OR I WILL EAT YOUR FACE!!!"
byebye

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 10:23:50 pm »

Behemoth is an excellent example of a great band but vocals I'm not too fond of. I'd also say 3 Inches of Blood, King Diamond, and any other "Falsetto" style vocals.  They're still awesome bands I'm just not fond of the vocal styles.
SwitchKiller

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 10:33:40 pm »

LordSimen said: Behemoth is an excellent example of a great band but vocals I'm not too fond of. I'd also say 3 Inches of Blood, King Diamond, and any other "Falsetto" style vocals.  They're still awesome bands I'm just not fond of the vocal styles.
It's an acquired taste for sure.

ELTON SAYS, "GO TO THE ELTON THREAD OR I WILL EAT YOUR FACE!!!"
byebye

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 10:28:22 pm »

SwitchKiller said:

LordSimen said: Behemoth is an excellent example of a great band but vocals I'm not too fond of. I'd also say 3 Inches of Blood, King Diamond, and any other "Falsetto" style vocals.  They're still awesome bands I'm just not fond of the vocal styles.

It's an acquired taste for sure.

Definitely. I wouldn't neccesarily say they're "shitty" as much as the style itself is hard to get use to. ::animatedlaugh
Evil_MetalGoddess

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 10:51:51 pm »

metalbeast said: Love Behemoth and Chimaira I think both have great vocalists I saw them both mentioned and felt strongly enough to disagree also with Dickenson and Owens both great vocalists.The only band I would say for me would fit into this catagory would be Megadeth I don't like Mustains vocals at all.
I totally agree. I cant listen to Dave

Hail the Evil_Metalgoddess! Bow @ her Feet!::finger
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: