HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FREEfest next year??  (Read 1429 times)
byebye

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 03:40:59 pm »

Only time will tell, but somehow I doubt it. Unfortunately.
OzManToPNC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 04:28:57 pm »

ozzfest for free,next year 4 Simple Words,Oh Fucking Hell NO! it was a good concept, but for them to do it agian No,cause some of you are simplely thinking about yourself,but come on them pulling this shit agian lets wake up people,you gotta alot of planning to do for this,you gotta have good sponsor on board to countine to do this,and you gotta convince the bands to come on board and perform for free,you honestly think bands are gonna say hey we got ozzfest and we are gonna do it for free,I mean bands will have to break alot of sponsor to go on ozzfest,and bring out alot of merchindise when half of that merchindise sales will problly end up going back to paying some of the sponsors,but come on people they should atleast stay in a limit of ticket prices,and than they wouldn't have had this problem in the first place,cause i mean as much as i loved seeing behemoth perform agian and actually meeting behemoth,i'd rather fucking pay for a good line up,than seeing it always be for free,and than seeing legendary bands or other bands get shut out.

Bring OZZFEST 2008 where it needs to be at the PNC Bank Arts Center
JFACBYDCOFA7XCOB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 04:33:33 pm »

Freefest, all the way i was able to upgrade from lawn to section 5, just by buying the in this moment and ankla cds, 20 bux for seats under the reserved seating under the roof, FUck yea, considering i woulda bought those cds ne way
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 04:46:04 pm »

andreeuh said: I thought it sucked.  I would have rather paid for good seats than get shitty lawn seats.  But nope.. instead people are reselling the good seats for hundreds of dollars.. dicks..
the thing to do about the lawn seats is to leave for a few and wait for the lawn to fill up with people,
then walk up to a security guard and ask if there are any seats you can go to because you have been walking all day and theres no more space left on the lawn and there doing crazy shit up there,
also ask for the person in charge of the security,
they may just let you sit in a seat of youre chooseing after you ask for em,
i did that and it worked for me.
i didnt get the best seats but atleast it worked.
magnoliasuicide

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 05:21:26 pm »

andreeuh said: I thought it sucked.  I would have rather paid for good seats than get shitty lawn seats.  But nope.. instead people are reselling the good seats for hundreds of dollars.. dicks..
You still could have gotten really good seats in the auctions and they really didn't cost that much

magnoliasuicide

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 05:25:15 pm »

And, I like freefest...it's probably the first time the majority of my friends were all able to go to a concert like that
And, I really enjoyed the majority of the bands

ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 07:04:53 pm »

freefest was full of unorganization and computer crashes, the concert in itself was pretty amazing, but the preparation and reservation was too damn much too ask for......

lilspringer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 07:08:55 pm »

ozzfest deff isnt gunna be free nextyear

PraiseTheU
Community

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 07:44:50 pm »

yea they cant rly put it up free next year,they probably want too but cant,i dont care though free or not amon amarth better be on that dam bill

Nonpoint : May 19th
Ascetic_Priest

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 08:13:19 pm »

Agreed, the "freefest" idea was terrible.  I would rather be able to pay for my seat, getting stuck with lawn tickets was a little insulting consider the $$ I've spent at Ozzfest over the last 11 years or so....

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 08:35:50 pm »

There's no such thing as a free lunch.  The FREEfest concept was awesome but the execution was messy.  We never get "seats" because we prefer the freedom that lawn tix gives you to position yourself near the beer stand/bathroom/second stage (if there was anyone we knew performing on it).  My biggest "complaint" about the fest this year was that I met a lot of people who had several tickets so they could get in + out of the show easily.  I also knew a lot of people who couldn't get in because they couldn't get tix.

We got our codes alright but it took us four hours to get our tix under just one of our codes.  Got knocked off twice during that time and we never could get tix under our second code.  

Truth be told, nobody made any money out of this year's tour except the scalpers, and even they got stuck with a lot of lawn tix they couldn't sell for $5 the last day.  Second stage was a crap shoot because the bands never knew if they had enough gas money to get to the next city.  The main thing I noticed was how NOT loud the bands were, and when I saw the stage I knew why.  The back wall of sound was about half what it normally was.  Amps are big, heavy and expensive to move.  (Hail to the road crew).  Not that I WANT my ears to bleed (again) but the stripped down versions of the bands left a lot to the imagination.

I hate seeing bands at Tinley Park (whatever bank it's named after this year) even though it's just south of me and after I heard they were charging $20 to park I can't wait for it to shut down permanently next year.  

And, I'm not even gonna go into the $8 Budweisers in the land of Miller Beer.

So, it was a nice gesture on Ozzy & Sharon's part to try and bring the tour to the people but if you don't have a computer, you were screwed.  Howzabout just making it affordable?

PS to OzManToPNC:  I miss the old forum too.  I just got back on the forums today after going through the runaround with re-entering my name & password.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
DevilsDance4U

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 08:38:21 pm »

It was awesome that they made it free....but then again...paying for parking sucked...could have gotten a normal ticket at that price...so either way...I'm still going!

liz1259

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 08:47:26 pm »

OzManToPNC said: ozzfest for free,next year 4 Simple Words,Oh Fucking Hell NO! it was a good concept, but for them to do it agian No,cause some of you are simplely thinking about yourself,but come on them pulling this shit agian lets wake up people,you gotta alot of planning to do for this,you gotta have good sponsor on board to countine to do this,and you gotta convince the bands to come on board and perform for free,you honestly think bands are gonna say hey we got ozzfest and we are gonna do it for free,I mean bands will have to break alot of sponsor to go on ozzfest,and bring out alot of merchindise when half of that merchindise sales will problly end up going back to paying some of the sponsors,but come on people they should atleast stay in a limit of ticket prices,and than they wouldn't have had this problem in the first place,cause i mean as much as i loved seeing behemoth perform agian and actually meeting behemoth,i'd rather fucking pay for a good line up,than seeing it always be for free,and than seeing legendary bands or other bands get shut out.

i thought the line up this year was absolutely amazing..

DevilsDance4U

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 08:49:18 pm »

AlpineValleyGirl said: There's no such thing as a free lunch.  The FREEfest concept was awesome but the execution was messy.  We never get "seats" because we prefer the freedom that lawn tix gives you to position yourself near the beer stand/bathroom/second stage (if there was anyone we knew performing on it).  My biggest "complaint" about the fest this year was that I met a lot of people who had several tickets so they could get in + out of the show easily.  I also knew a lot of people who couldn't get in because they couldn't get tix.

We got our codes alright but it took us four hours to get our tix under just one of our codes.  Got knocked off twice during that time and we never could get tix under our second code.  

Truth be told, nobody made any money out of this year's tour except the scalpers, and even they got stuck with a lot of lawn tix they couldn't sell for $5 the last day.  Second stage was a crap shoot because the bands never knew if they had enough gas money to get to the next city.  The main thing I noticed was how NOT loud the bands were, and when I saw the stage I knew why.  The back wall of sound was about half what it normally was.  Amps are big, heavy and expensive to move.  (Hail to the road crew).  Not that I WANT my ears to bleed (again) but the stripped down versions of the bands left a lot to the imagination.

I hate seeing bands at Tinley Park (whatever bank it's named after this year) even though it's just south of me and after I heard they were charging $20 to park I can't wait for it to shut down permanently next year.  

And, I'm not even gonna go into the $8 Budweisers in the land of Miller Beer.

So, it was a nice gesture on Ozzy & Sharon's part to try and bring the tour to the people but if you don't have a computer, you were screwed.  Howzabout just making it affordable?

PS to OzManToPNC:  I miss the old forum too.  I just got back on the forums today after going through the runaround with re-entering my name & password.

At pnc, parking was $25.00

ozzfestvet2000

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 09:59:04 pm »

I would take it again so i can afford to take my kids again.

sig compliments of whitewolf1989
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: