HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spoken - self-titled CD review  (Read 1082 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2007, 12:55:36 pm »

Have you guys heard of Spoken? What do you think?

Yes, I am on their street team, and yes they are friends of mine. Here's my review:

Spoken's s/t CD is their 3rd on Tooth & Nail Records and 6th overall (I believe). This album is quite a few steps up, IMO. However, Spoken fans will not be disappointed. The songs still sound like Spoken, yet they've matured more and are a tad bit heavier in general.

Two of the albums opening tracks, "History Erased" and "Not Soon Forgotten" are driving hard rock tunes. There is a good contrast as well w/ mellow songs like "You're the One." The not-quite instrumental track in the middle of the album called "Start the Revolution" is a perfect segue and change of pace. Lyrically the songs deal a lot with a spiritual struggle, yet at the same time recognizing the hope that a relationship w/ God provides if you persevere in that relationship. At least that's my general interpretation. My favorite tracks on the CD are "Long Live the Dream," "The Meaning Of..." and "Close Your Eyes." The album is great from start to finish. It came out yesterday, and I've listened to it probably 7x straight through without stopping.

For fans of: Project 86, Underoath, 36 Crazyfists, Dead Poetic, Embodyment, Stavesacre, Anberlin, Blindside

Spoken is on tour right now w/ So Long Forgotten, and then this fall they're going out on the "Southern Hospitality" tour w/ Disciple and The Wedding. Check out their web sites for music and tour dates.

www.spokenmusic.com
www.purevolume.com/spoken
www.myspace.com/spoken
95NASTY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 12:41:25 pm »

mehhhhh

I HATE EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY BUT MINE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: