HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody want to debate evolution?  (Read 4657 times)
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2007, 02:51:56 pm »

Any takers?

Jagbag- "Hail the return(of SSS) or GTFO."
ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 11:36:36 am »

No thaanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 04:21:56 pm »

Aw, come on!!!! Just to let everyone know I'm in opposition to the concept of natural selection, as well as the whole evolutionary process.

themetalmidget

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 12:37:05 pm »

SixStringSamurai said: Aw, come on!!!! Just to let everyone know I'm in opposition to the concept of natural selection, as well as the whole evolutionary process.

thats great... but i personally don't think it matters what anyone beleives, its retarded to bitch and argue about whos right, especially seeing how they areall theories.

"Hippies HATE death metal"
Nightmare864

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 04:14:26 pm »

SixStringSamurai said: Aw, come on!!!! Just to let everyone know I'm in opposition to the concept of natural selection, as well as the whole evolutionary process.

You're religious aren't you? That's the problem with this debate, and what makes it a near moot point, all of the uber religious people in the world who think that the whole Theory of Evolution and evolutionism are against whatever god they chose to swear they follow like pious little worker bees don't care to look at anything from a scientific point of view. If you look at the various theories that go along with evolutionism, i.e. Big Bang Theory, many of them were made by scientists trying to reinforce the almighty power of some being greater than us. If you really look at Big Bang Theory there must have been some greater power that shot that little ray of energy into the compressed energy of all of the universe. Many scientist are more religious than the so-called religious leaders who come up with such idiotic theories as the creationists, seriously, how do they manage to skirt being held accountable for the fact that their theory totally denies the entire fossil record. Not only does their theory discount the fossil record, but it says that humanity began with the conception of the original Jewish religion, when in truth there were other religions and peoples on Earth thousands of years before the Bible or the Torah tell of there ever being people. And on the other hand many hardcore evolutionist refuse to give any accounting to the fact that there is some possibility that the religious groups may be right, there may have been a higher power, of some sort or another, that somehow set in motion the events that created not only humanity but the Earth and the universe as well.

"Go Forth. Go Forth And DIE!!!!"

Nightmare864
spock

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 01:11:43 pm »

Everybody's talkin, no one said a word.::finger::sinister::finger

Spock
Nightmare864

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 02:43:45 pm »

Yeah and my friend sixstringsam, you didn't notice what I said did you? I said it was a moot argument, and then gave the reasons why. You retorted back with the skewed statistics that I knew you would use in an argument against evolutionism, you also mixed up evolutionism with the Theory of Evolution and the Big Bang Theory, although both are things used in the theories behind evolutionism, neither are solely evolutionist nor products of evolutionism. In fact Einstein's E=mc^2, the basis behind Big Bang, was developed by Einstein in an effort to help him prove the existence of God, and many of the original theorists behind Big Bang later went on to join the theory of Intelligent Design, which, if you didn't know, is a cross behind the creationist belief that God created everything, and the evolutionist beliefs essentially saying that there is a higher power that has guided the various happenings in the universe, i.e. Big Bang and evolution, to make the universe as we see it today. In fact the Theory of Evolution is only still refered to as a "theory" out of habit, it has been shown that given the correct external stimuli an organism will change over the generations to better it's chances of survival, that is why we now have drug resistant tuberculosis and viruses that can't be wiped out using normal methods because of their adaptive RNA structures, such as HIV/AIDS and the common cold. Also as a first year chemical engineering major I can tell you that we have already shown the basis behind the Big Bang Theory and various forms of radiochemical dating aside from radiocarbon dating that show that the basis of the evolutionist and Intelligent Design theories are more plausible than the theories of the creationists. Also radiocarbon dating is calculable with a fair amount of accuracy out to almost 500,000 years, not only 10,000 years, seeing as Carbon-14 has a half-life of 5370 years it would be a fairly simple mathematical calculation to use it to calculate out to 500,000 plus years. I no longer wish to debate this with you as you believe what you believe, I believe what I believe, and people who know anything about the subject believe what they believe, and it is highly unlikely that this argument will ever end, much less change the minds of those people ingrained in what they believe.

"Go Forth. Go Forth And DIE!!!!"

Nightmare864
Spartacus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 06:25:14 pm »

Nightmare864 said: Yeah and my friend sixstringsam, you didn't notice what I said did you? I said it was a moot argument, and then gave the reasons why. You retorted back with the skewed statistics that I knew you would use in an argument against evolutionism, you also mixed up evolutionism with the Theory of Evolution and the Big Bang Theory, although both are things used in the theories behind evolutionism, neither are solely evolutionist nor products of evolutionism. In fact Einstein's E=mc^2, the basis behind Big Bang, was developed by Einstein in an effort to help him prove the existence of God, and many of the original theorists behind Big Bang later went on to join the theory of Intelligent Design, which, if you didn't know, is a cross behind the creationist belief that God created everything, and the evolutionist beliefs essentially saying that there is a higher power that has guided the various happenings in the universe, i.e. Big Bang and evolution, to make the universe as we see it today. In fact the Theory of Evolution is only still refered to as a "theory" out of habit, it has been shown that given the correct external stimuli an organism will change over the generations to better it's chances of survival, that is why we now have drug resistant tuberculosis and viruses that can't be wiped out using normal methods because of their adaptive RNA structures, such as HIV/AIDS and the common cold. Also as a first year chemical engineering major I can tell you that we have already shown the basis behind the Big Bang Theory and various forms of Wradiochemical dating aside from radiocarbon dating that show that the basis of the evolutionist and Intelligent Design theories are more plausible than the theories of the creationists. Also radiocarbon dating is calculable with a fair amount of accuracy out to almost 500,000 years, not only 10,000 years, seeing as Carbon-14 has a half-life of 5370 years it would be a fairly simple mathematical calculation to use it to calculate out to 500,000 plus years. I no longer wish to debate this with you as you believe what you believe, I believe what I believe, and people who know anything about the subject believe what they believe, and it is highly unlikely that this argument will ever end, much less change the minds of those people ingrained in what they believe.
What do you expect from some kid who has no clue!::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh

I am Spartacus.
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 10:42:25 pm »

Nightmare864 said: Yeah and my friend sixstringsam, you didn't notice what I said did you? I said it was a moot argument, and then gave the reasons why. You retorted back with the skewed statistics that I knew you would use in an argument against evolutionism, you also mixed up evolutionism with the Theory of Evolution and the Big Bang Theory, although both are things used in the theories behind evolutionism, neither are solely evolutionist nor products of evolutionism. In fact Einstein's E=mc^2, the basis behind Big Bang, was developed by Einstein in an effort to help him prove the existence of God, and many of the original theorists behind Big Bang later went on to join the theory of Intelligent Design, which, if you didn't know, is a cross behind the creationist belief that God created everything, and the evolutionist beliefs essentially saying that there is a higher power that has guided the various happenings in the universe, i.e. Big Bang and evolution, to make the universe as we see it today. In fact the Theory of Evolution is only still refered to as a "theory" out of habit, it has been shown that given the correct external stimuli an organism will change over the generations to better it's chances of survival, that is why we now have drug resistant tuberculosis and viruses that can't be wiped out using normal methods because of their adaptive RNA structures, such as HIV/AIDS and the common cold. Also as a first year chemical engineering major I can tell you that we have already shown the basis behind the Big Bang Theory and various forms of radiochemical dating aside from radiocarbon dating that show that the basis of the evolutionist and Intelligent Design theories are more plausible than the theories of the creationists. Also radiocarbon dating is calculable with a fair amount of accuracy out to almost 500,000 years, not only 10,000 years, seeing as Carbon-14 has a half-life of 5370 years it would be a fairly simple mathematical calculation to use it to calculate out to 500,000 plus years. I no longer wish to debate this with you as you believe what you believe, I believe what I believe, and people who know anything about the subject believe what they believe, and it is highly unlikely that this argument will ever end, much less change the minds of those people ingrained in what they believe.
I'll keep on debating as long as this thread exists. I Docter of Theology I'm friends with teaches Intelligent Design and it is not a combo of creationism and evolution. I believe those who have adopted the philosophy God used evolution to create the world are the least legitimate out of those who ascribe to the evolutionary process. A fairly simply mathmatical calculation you say? Its all theory, and when I say evolution I'm referring to the system of natural selection invented by Darwin. Yes humans "evolve" or transform when they age, but one Kingdom will not yeild a distinctively different Kingdom with the aid of time. I must stress that I'm attacking Evolution from a more philosophic perspective rather than a scientific perspective. And as for it being called a theory out of habit....its sitll referred to that because it's still a theory. 10,000 years is still the only factually accurate result for carbon dating. Estimation is not valid when creating a worldview. However you want to define them, the Theory of Evolution, Evolution, and the Big Bang are all the product of a humanistic worldview, not Christians attempting to modify their beliefs to fit a secular understanding of the world.

SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 10:36:08 pm »

Spartacus said:

Nightmare864 said: Yeah and my friend sixstringsam, you didn't notice what I said did you? I said it was a moot argument, and then gave the reasons why. You retorted back with the skewed statistics that I knew you would use in an argument against evolutionism, you also mixed up evolutionism with the Theory of Evolution and the Big Bang Theory, although both are things used in the theories behind evolutionism, neither are solely evolutionist nor products of evolutionism. In fact Einstein's E=mc^2, the basis behind Big Bang, was developed by Einstein in an effort to help him prove the existence of God, and many of the original theorists behind Big Bang later went on to join the theory of Intelligent Design, which, if you didn't know, is a cross behind the creationist belief that God created everything, and the evolutionist beliefs essentially saying that there is a higher power that has guided the various happenings in the universe, i.e. Big Bang and evolution, to make the universe as we see it today. In fact the Theory of Evolution is only still refered to as a "theory" out of habit, it has been shown that given the correct external stimuli an organism will change over the generations to better it's chances of survival, that is why we now have drug resistant tuberculosis and viruses that can't be wiped out using normal methods because of their adaptive RNA structures, such as HIV/AIDS and the common cold. Also as a first year chemical engineering major I can tell you that we have already shown the basis behind the Big Bang Theory and various forms of Wradiochemical dating aside from radiocarbon dating that show that the basis of the evolutionist and Intelligent Design theories are more plausible than the theories of the creationists. Also radiocarbon dating is calculable with a fair amount of accuracy out to almost 500,000 years, not only 10,000 years, seeing as Carbon-14 has a half-life of 5370 years it would be a fairly simple mathematical calculation to use it to calculate out to 500,000 plus years. I no longer wish to debate this with you as you believe what you believe, I believe what I believe, and people who know anything about the subject believe what they believe, and it is highly unlikely that this argument will ever end, much less change the minds of those people ingrained in what they believe.
What do you expect from some kid who has no clue!::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh
And to you. I'm older than the individual I'm debating.

SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 10:47:43 pm »

And Nightmare, what do you suggest that all the plants on earth used for a carbondioxide source before beings became land mobile?

SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 10:48:58 pm »

SixStringSamurai said: And Nightmare, what do you suggest that all the plants on earth used for a carbondioxide source before beings became land mobile?
AND (sorry about that) what skewed facts are you referring to, because I could say the same for you.

SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 10:47:13 pm »

Yet again.The Big Bang is the cosmological model of the universe whose primary assertion is that the universe has expanded into its current state from a primordial condition of enormous density and temperature. The term is also used in a narrower sense to describe the fundamental "fireball" that erupted at or close to an initial timepoint in the history of our observed spacetime. It may be supported by some religious persons but they compromised the philosophy of "and God spoke" to seem more respectable to the secular world.

spock

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 06:37:05 am »

Dude, go outside and enjoy life.::finger::animatedlaugh::finger

Spock
ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 07:22:02 am »

spock said: Dude, go outside and enjoy life.::finger::animatedlaugh::finger

ummmm yeah we get it, you're smart.