HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozzfest 2008  (Read 7634 times)
Ascetic_Priest
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 2914



View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 11:10:39 am »

I'd like to see any of the following bands make it on the tour next year, no particular order:

Black Sabbath
Danzig
Slayer
Type O Negative
Testament
Anthrax
Chimaira
Nevermore
Fear Factory
Celtic Frost
KSE
Ministry
Darkthrone
Mushroomhead
Amon Amarth
Psyclon Nine
Exodus
Five Finger Death Punch
Satyricon
Mudvayne
Napalm Death
Slipknot
Dark Funeral
Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
God Dethroned
Deicide
Throwdown
Immolation
All That Remains
Dark Tranquility
As I lay Dying
Kataklysm
In This Moment
Shadows Fall
Children of Bodom
Opeth
Disturbed
In Flames
Logged

DescendingAngel
New Member
*
Posts: 1



View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 11:30:34 am »

I would like to see my guys play ..... It would be the first time anyone had the balls to take a virtually unknown, yet KICKASS, band and make them part of their tour.......  And I would love to see Down be part of it too !!!!

You can check out our self recorded (on a tazcam) stuff at www.myspace.com/descendingangel7 .....

Come on Ozzy.... Make a band's dream come true !!!! ::sinister
Logged
jobforacowboyrulz888
New Member
*
Posts: 161



View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 05:59:34 pm »

Quote

Ascetic_Priest said: I'd like to see any of the following bands make it on the tour next year, no particular order:

Black Sabbath
Danzig
Slayer
Type O Negative
Testament
Anthrax
Chimaira
Nevermore
Fear Factory
Celtic Frost
KSE
Ministry
Darkthrone
Mushroomhead
Amon Amarth
Psyclon Nine
Exodus
Five Finger Death Punch
Satyricon
Mudvayne
Napalm Death
Slipknot
Dark Funeral
Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
God Dethroned
Deicide
Throwdown
Immolation
All That Remains
Dark Tranquility
As I lay Dying
Kataklysm
In This Moment
Shadows Fall
Children of Bodom
Opeth
Disturbed
In Flames


Pretty bad ass line up for the most part except for Dark Tranquilty and Mushroomhead[who suck live] i am the only who thinks KSE's live set is killer
Logged
Mercenary
Senior Member
****
Posts: 341



View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 07:01:21 pm »

Goatwhore
Soilent Green
In This Moment
At All Cost
Logged

jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 01:53:37 am »

Quote
jobforacowboyrulz888 said:
Quote
Ascetic_Priest said: I'd like to see any of the following bands make it on the tour next year, no particular order:

Black Sabbath
Danzig
Slayer
Type O Negative
Testament
Anthrax
Chimaira
Nevermore
Fear Factory
Celtic Frost
KSE
Ministry
Darkthrone
Mushroomhead
Amon Amarth
Psyclon Nine
Exodus
Five Finger Death Punch
Satyricon
Mudvayne
Napalm Death
Slipknot
Dark Funeral
Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
God Dethroned
Deicide
Throwdown
Immolation
All That Remains
Dark Tranquility
As I lay Dying
Kataklysm
In This Moment
Shadows Fall
Children of Bodom
Opeth
Disturbed
In Flames

Pretty bad ass line up for the most part except for Dark Tranquilty and Mushroomhead[who suck live] i am the only who thinks KSE's live set is killer

Except Dark Tranquillity?!

I could tolerate your Behemoth stance, but now you can go fuck yourself.
Logged


csorrells
New Member
*
Posts: 264



View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 11:26:40 pm »

I think besides Ozzy, Slipknot has a good chance of being added to the bill, not that they're a band I consider great.


CHOKE should play Ozzfest!!!!!

www.myspace.com/chokeextrastout
Logged

FAITH NO MORE FOR OZZFEST 2010 ::finger
jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 04:11:24 am »

Quote
csorrells said: I think besides Ozzy, Slipknot has a good chance of being added to the bill, not that they're a band I consider great.


CHOKE should play Ozzfest!!!!!

www.myspace.com/chokeextrastout

They don't really sound like anything special. Maybe I need to try again

*but seriously people, stop promoting myspace bands. ugh
Logged


Jimmorrisonsgirl
New Member
*
Posts: 12



View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 06:04:48 am »

Quote

Kickass2k3 said: Sabbath = great
Slipknot = good
BLS = tiresome


I really hope Sabbath is there...would be pretty awesome if Slipknot was there too!
Logged
Ascetic_Priest
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 2914



View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 08:28:33 am »

Quote

jobforacowboyrulz888 said:
Quote

Ascetic_Priest said: I'd like to see any of the following bands make it on the tour next year, no particular order:

Black Sabbath
Danzig
Slayer
Type O Negative
Testament
Anthrax
Chimaira
Nevermore
Fear Factory
Celtic Frost
KSE
Ministry
Darkthrone
Mushroomhead
Amon Amarth
Psyclon Nine
Exodus
Five Finger Death Punch
Satyricon
Mudvayne
Napalm Death
Slipknot
Dark Funeral
Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
God Dethroned
Deicide
Throwdown
Immolation
All That Remains
Dark Tranquility
As I lay Dying
Kataklysm
In This Moment
Shadows Fall
Children of Bodom
Opeth
Disturbed
In Flames


Pretty bad ass line up for the most part except for Dark Tranquilty and Mushroomhead[who suck live] i am the only who thinks KSE's live set is killer


Out of all the bands I listed, DT is one  I'd like to see on the tour the most.  Mainly because they've never done the tour and I think they deserve the main stream exposure that Ozzfest could offer....Why don't you like them?

As for Mushroomhead, its because of their live show that I got hooked on this band.  I can understand why some people would not like their style of music but their live show is intense, energetic, and they have an impeccable grasp on "audience psychology" and participation.  They've mastered a visual aesthetic that enhances the overall product, their live performance offers more than an audio component...but also visual creations that remind us of the dark undertones of their work.  That is just my opinion, to each their own....
Logged

The_Wicked_One
New Member
*
Posts: 1374



View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 10:29:58 am »

Quote
jimbob232 said:
Quote
csorrells said: I think besides Ozzy, Slipknot has a good chance of being added to the bill, not that they're a band I consider great.


CHOKE should play Ozzfest!!!!!

www.myspace.com/chokeextrastout

They don't really sound like anything special. Maybe I need to try again

*but seriously people, stop promoting myspace bands. ugh

Myspace is simply a way to promote bands for me and I personally would want Dark Empire (my sig) there. Id be happy with a rotating slot but I swear if everyone heard them theyd want an encore.
To to tell the truth I am gonna make a topic just for upcoming bands post so ppl can see what they want for 2nd stage.
Logged


jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 11:39:37 am »

Quote
The_Wicked_One said:
Quote
jimbob232 said:
Quote
csorrells said: I think besides Ozzy, Slipknot has a good chance of being added to the bill, not that they're a band I consider great.


CHOKE should play Ozzfest!!!!!

www.myspace.com/chokeextrastout

They don't really sound like anything special. Maybe I need to try again

*but seriously people, stop promoting myspace bands. ugh

Myspace is simply a way to promote bands for me and I personally would want Dark Empire (my sig) there. Id be happy with a rotating slot but I swear if everyone heard them theyd want an encore.
To to tell the truth I am gonna make a topic just for upcoming bands post so ppl can see what they want for 2nd stage.

I'm well aware of dark empire and the usefulness of myspace in promoting unknown artists, but bands trying to get on Ozzfest should at least be professional, have an album released/on the verge of releasing, and stray away from genericness that plagues the music/myspace scene (and maybe actually sound like they belong on Ozzfest. I've clicked on too many crappy screamo band links from this forum from people labeling bands as death metal or whatnot)

I just hate people promoting their brother's crappy garage band with zero regard for production values on here like they're the next Slayer or something.
Logged


The_Wicked_One
New Member
*
Posts: 1374



View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 04:53:38 pm »

well Dark Empire fits the bill then thats all i care about. ::animatedlaugh
Logged


ozzy4president51
New Member
*
Posts: 1440



View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 05:03:27 pm »

I want Devildriver, Type o' negative,and Droid for ozzfest 08
Logged


jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 05:15:05 pm »

Quote
ozzy4president51 said: I want Devildriver, Type o' negative,and Droid for ozzfest 08

Why does everyone want Type O?! Have you seen them live?

I enjoy them on album, but Ozzfest does NOT need Peter just sitting there on a stool reading his lyrics to an audience bound to fall asleep
Logged


themetalmidget
New Member
*
Posts: 1038



View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 06:36:57 pm »

they seem to keep rotating the same handful of mainstage bands around year after year... they need some new ones. they need more acts like nile and behemoth....
Logged

"Hippies HATE death metal"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
WEBSITE & CONTENTS © DIVINE RECORDINGS.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Websites for Music Festivals