HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Static-X / SF / 3 IOB in Detroit  (Read 1305 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:54:04 am »

Surprisingly, there were a lot more people at this show than there were yesterday @ Machine Head.

The 1st band I caught was a local band called Bleed the Martyr. They were AWESOME, but they need to work on their stage presence. Not that a band needs to jump around like crazy (I actually think that's annoying), but at least get into it a bit & look like you're enjoying yourself on stage. If you don't like what you're doing, then why should the audience? Harpos was generous enough to give them a whopping 10-min set, so maybe that was the problem. They were cool, though, and I'll definitely check em out again. Their music was really good. www.myspace.com/bleedthemartyrband

Divine Heresy was next, and they tore it up! They were killer! Their setlist:

Bleed the Fifth
Impossible is Nothing
Rise of the Scorned
False Gospel
This Threat is Real
Savior Self
Failed Creation

3 Inches of Blood (the main attraction for me) was up next. They played everything they did at Ozzfest + a few more. I was super-psyched to hear "Destroy the Orcs." I was hoping for "Premonition of Pain," "Balls if Ice," or "Curse of the Lighthouse Keeper," but maybe next time. The crowd was really into 3 IOB. The setlist:

Through the Horned Gate
Night Marauders
The Goatriders Horde
Wykydtron
Trial of Champions
Destroy the Orcs
Forest King
Deadly Sinners

Shadows Fall was up next. I haven't seen these guys in years, and therefore I had no idea how big they are now. The 1st 2 times I saw SF in 2000 (opening for Glassjaw / Factory 81 and then for Amen / Sworn Enemy at The Rave Bar in Milwaukee) they played in front of a TOTAL of < 200 people combined. Now they have thousands of people singing along to their songs. I'm happy for em, b/c they're a REAL metal band, and they deserve it. They were playing their kind of music when rap-metal was at its peak. I remember thinking that about them back when I first saw them and thinking that it was cool they're still playing old-school metal. They stuck to their guns and didn't give in to trends. Anyway, about there set... they ruled! They tried to get the circle pit going during "Thoughts Without Words," but that didn't work so well. They ended w/ "Destroyer of Senses" and then "What Drives the Weak." After their set, Jorney's "Don't Stop Believing" played over the PA. It was awesome to see > 2,000 metalheads singing every word. hahaha.

Static-X closed the show. They are such an awesome live band. I don't think I'll ever get sick of seeing them. Wayne is 1 of my all-time favorite frontmen. That guy is intense. They all have such a great stage presence as well. The new songs off of CANNIBAL sounded great live. They also played 1 of my favorite old songs of theirs, "Sweat of the Bud." That was great! The songs they played (missing several, and in no particular order. Sorry, I'm tired):

cuts you up
sweat of the bud
I'm with Stupid
cold
destroy all
forty ways
dirthouse
destroyer
love dump
behemoth
cannibal
this is not
I want to F-ing break it
push it

This tour was AWESOME! Every band kicked ass! Go see it in your town. Do it! Do it! Do it!

DESTROY THE ORCS!
crimsonnac
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 02:17:43 am »

Sweet dude, Im glad to hear that the show was spectacular cuz im going to see these guys when they come to Arizona. I defenitly cant wait...........
melodeathbabe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 11:24:27 am »

Hell yeah i got meet and greet tickets to that show at the rave in milwaukee. I bought waynes signature guitar and got it signed by him. I have pictures but my damn scanners broken.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: