HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another thing to the loyal slipknot fans.  (Read 6183 times)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 11:49:59 pm »

slpkntfan09 said: You guys are fucking retards::finger
so you belive what im saying about slipknot,

spread the word dude cause i want to see most of slipknots fans turn emo::smile
InfamousRickola

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 02:24:52 am »

first, im a slipknot fan, but not die hard
but you cant call out one band for not being on freefest. where was black label society, in flames, or any other previous bands?
yeah we get it, you dont like them, so dont bring them up

And you can quote me
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 03:23:41 am »

InfamousRickola said: first, im a slipknot fan, but not die hard
but you cant call out one band for not being on freefest. where was black label society, in flames, or any other previous bands?
some bands could not afford to go on tour,
but im talking about someone who has alot of money who wouldnt spend a dime to show that he apreciates his fans.
and two bands with the same thing.
and zakk wylde was with ozzy,
zakk who invented Black Label Society.
and just as i said before,
most bands couldnt afford the tour by themselves.
i dont like slipknot and i'll bash them when ever i want,and they will except it cause thats why im posting in the cage,there for i have even more of a right to bash them.
Meshuggahailmeshuggah1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 10:20:13 am »

themetalmidget said: you're right, they don't give a shit about their fans, just like pretty much any mainstream nu-metal band. godsmack is another example. i work at the radio station at my college, and the program director got the brilliant idea to have adema play at the college. their tour manager said they would do it for $2000 and explained that they were on tour with godsmack, so godsmack would play for no extra charge. sure enough the place sold out, then day of the show all of the booked bands, including adema was there, but.... no godsmack, who was the reason for all of the ticket sales. we finally got a hold of someone from their management 2 hours before the show was supposed to start and godsmack supposedly didn't even know about the show. they told us that godsmack was 700 miles away, BUT if the college were to pay them $75,000 , they would somehow travel the 700 miles in 2 hours to play. so they were probably just down the road trying to get more money. for bands like this, it has nothing to do with music, all that matters is that they get a ton of money to waste on stupid shit. so i have  proof of how ungrateful and retarded bands like this get.
godsmack sucks balls anyway. fuck those assholes.

SEE YOU IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::animatedlaugh
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 04:24:10 pm »

Meshuggahailmeshuggah1 said:
themetalmidget said: you're right, they don't give a shit about their fans, just like pretty much any mainstream nu-metal band. godsmack is another example. i work at the radio station at my college, and the program director got the brilliant idea to have adema play at the college. their tour manager said they would do it for $2000 and explained that they were on tour with godsmack, so godsmack would play for no extra charge. sure enough the place sold out, then day of the show all of the booked bands, including adema was there, but.... no godsmack, who was the reason for all of the ticket sales. we finally got a hold of someone from their management 2 hours before the show was supposed to start and godsmack supposedly didn't even know about the show. they told us that godsmack was 700 miles away, BUT if the college were to pay them $75,000 , they would somehow travel the 700 miles in 2 hours to play. so they were probably just down the road trying to get more money. for bands like this, it has nothing to do with music, all that matters is that they get a ton of money to waste on stupid shit. so i have  proof of how ungrateful and retarded bands like this get.
::sinister
themetalmidget

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 11:40:05 am »

whitewolf1989 said:

Haha, I laughed when it happened, because it was a slap in the face to the people that booked the show, they bragged about it for a long time "WE GOT GODSMACK, WE GOT GODSMACK!!". We actually joked about this happening, we were like "Yeah, they will probably try getting us to pay them like a million dollars or something and they won't show up"

By slapping their fans in the face like this is proof that they don't give a shit about being musicians. The only thing that made me mad about this whole thing was the fact that it made the radio station look bad, and I had to put up with constant calls during my show of people bitching about it when I knew it was a mistake to try booking a faggot band like that in the first place.

"Hippies HATE death metal"
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 07:28:41 pm »

themetalmidget said:

whitewolf1989 said:

Haha, I laughed when it happened, because it was a slap in the face to the people that booked the show, they bragged about it for a long time "WE GOT GODSMACK, WE GOT GODSMACK!!". We actually joked about this happening, we were like "Yeah, they will probably try getting us to pay them like a million dollars or something and they won't show up"

By slapping their fans in the face like this is proof that they don't give a shit about being musicians. The only thing that made me mad about this whole thing was the fact that it made the radio station look bad, and I had to put up with constant calls during my show of people bitching about it when I knew it was a mistake to try booking a faggot band like that in the first place.
I've never liked Godsmack. Their music's just the same repetative nu-metal/hard rock shit.

Jagbag- "Hail the return(of SSS) or GTFO."
InfamousRickola

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 11:05:05 pm »

whitewolf1989 said:
but im talking about someone who has alot of money who wouldnt spend a dime to show that he apreciates his fans.
i dont like slipknot and i'll bash them when ever i want,and they will except it cause thats why im posting in the cage,there for i have even more of a right to bash them.

so your saying that only bands that could afford to go played? so in this moment has plenty to go on. oh yeah, and black tide can totally afford to go on a free tour even though they dont even have an album out yet. yeah good argument. they got sponsors to send them out, and if they were able to get some support im sure others bands could too...

And you can quote me
Master_Chief
Community

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 12:09:10 am »

ChickenFucker said:

newamerikangospel said: i used to like slipsnot before i came to this board...
...but i was purified after about 5 minutes

U actually listen to peoples opinions  that much on here? Yikes!!

over the course of like 3 months it kinda gets in ur head

Killer1332
Community

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 03:05:37 am »

InfamousRickola said:

whitewolf1989 said:

so your saying that only bands that could afford to go played? so in this moment has plenty to go on. oh yeah, and black tide can totally afford to go on a free tour even though they dont even have an album out yet. yeah good argument. they got sponsors to send them out, and if they were able to get some support im sure others bands could too...

hes got a point. w/ the rite sponsorship, any band could have gone on the "freefest". so to bash 1 band, u hav 2 bash every single band in the world that didnt go, whether they were alreddy booked in another tour, had a man injured, or just didnt feel like it. like Killswitch engage and trivium 4 example...
Master_Chief
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 10:54:25 am »

Killer1332 said:

InfamousRickola said:

whitewolf1989 said:

hes got a point. w/ the rite sponsorship, any band could have gone on the "freefest". so to bash 1 band, u hav 2 bash every single band in the world that didnt go, whether they were alreddy booked in another tour, had a man injured, or just didnt feel like it. like Killswitch engage and trivium 4 example...

slipknot knew they were gonna get pwn't

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 05:00:30 pm »

InfamousRickola said:
whitewolf1989 said:

well some bands need money to play,
and thats why other bands wernt on freefest,
my arguement is about a greedy musician who would never spend a dime to play for free.
themetalmidget

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 07:33:53 am »

SixStringSamurai said:
themetalmidget said:
whitewolf1989 said:

I've never liked Godsmack. Their music's just the same repetative nu-metal/hard rock shit.

Exactly... "get back, gotta get away, better get away, stay away, stay the fuck away, stay the fuck awayyyy from meeeee"

"Hippies HATE death metal"
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 02:47:38 pm »

whitewolf1989 said:
InfamousRickola said:
whitewolf1989 said:

well some bands need money to play,
and thats why other bands wernt on freefest,
my arguement is about a greedy musician who would never spend a dime to play for free.
and have alot of money.
Nightmare864

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 12:46:33 pm »

whitewolf1989 said:

moosejuice said: are u fucking stupid or something there are also a few hundred other bands that did not do the freefest either
yes thats true,but im talking about corey taylor and his two very greedy bands,
not 100's of bands who couldnt afford to go on tour at free fest this year.

slipknot easly had enough money to pull that off,
but did they want to?
no they chose not to.
there for there greedy asswholes,
there for you dont have a real reason to question me on this subject.

Dude the problem with you logic is A) any festival is typically an invite only thing, especially Ozzfest and Freefest
and B) the bands still got paid, every free ticket was free for the fans only because they got sponsers to sponser the show, without the sponsers paying for the costs of the show we would have had to pay for tickets.
The only shows that bands don't usually make any money off of are charity shows, and not many bands of any genre put on a lot of those, and they still cost fans the price of tickets, but the band agrees to donate part or all of the proceeds to whichever charity the show is for.

Also this bashing of a band is getting old, slipknot has been a gateway for many new generation metal heads to find metal, who gives a shit if you don't like them, most metal heads can't even agree on which metal bands are truthfully metal. It's a really pointless thing to argue about, you have your musical tastes and everyone else has theirs, leave it at that.

"Go Forth. Go Forth And DIE!!!!"

Nightmare864
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: