HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animosity  (Read 2398 times)
themetalmidget

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2007, 12:26:29 pm »

Animosity first hit the scene in 2000, when most of the members were only 15 years old, with a blistering brand of death metal/hardcore that sought to defy stereotypes and spit in the face of the mainstream. Almost 2 years after their Black Market Activities debut, Animosity is back and poised to showcase their tremendous talent and growth with HuhHuh?Animal?HuhHuh.

Musically, HuhHuh?Animal?HuhHuh shows an enormous progression from their prior releases. The band?HuhHuh?s sound has become more distinct and refined. While stylistically the group has not changed drastically from their combination of thrash, hardcore and death metal, the growth in the actual quality of the musicianship is unbelievable. HuhHuh?Animal?HuhHuh is a guitar riffer?HuhHuh?s dream. The album is jam packed with Frank Costa?HuhHuh?s Slash-like solos interspersed tastefully between the blasting and thrashing. Not to take anything away from the mind-blowing, wild, drum stylings of Navene Koperweis or the jazz-fusion inspired bass licks of the band?HuhHuh?s newest member, Evan Brewer who had previously done time in the prog-metalcore band, Reflux.

Lyrically, the album is themed on the frailty of our lives as animals in a violent and turbulent world. Dealing with the loss of loved ones and feeling disenchanted with a seemingly unfair environment, HuhHuh?Animal?HuhHuh? is Animosity?HuhHuh?s most personally reflective and outwardly aggressive creation to date. The subject matter of the album strikes an emotional chord as it was written in the aftermath of vocalist, Leo Miller losing his girlfriend to a runaway drunk driver.

HuhHuh?Animal?HuhHuh is completed by the production of Kurt Ballou (Converge) at God City Studios and is beautifully illustrated by artist, Paul Romano (Mastodon, Trivium). The album also features guest vocals from Guy Kozowyk (The Red Chord), Travis Ryan (Cattle Decapitation), and Bob Meadows (A Life Once Lost).

HuhHuh?Animal?HuhHuh is a beastly attack, lyrically and musically, delivered with a newfound aggression and sincerity, coming straight from the heart. The band?HuhHuh?s fierce musical attack, work ethic and distinct attitude has won them a vast, rabid following all over the world and has seen Animosity become icons and inspiration for fans and bands worldwide. Animosity has established themselves playing hundreds of shows in at least a dozen countries, sold 10,000+ CDs, garnered over a million plays on My Space, and sold thousands of shirts.

-Metalblade.com

"Hippies HATE death metal"
slapshot88

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 03:35:26 pm »

i love this band,really trashy with some good breakdowns and they're really energetic on the stage,the first time i was these guys was at the legion by my house and it was just amazing!

::animatedlaugh
slapshot88

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 03:36:15 pm »

i meant saw* not was

::animatedlaugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: