HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: beneath the massacre, Gojira, Job for a homo, and behemoth  (Read 6289 times)
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2007, 02:35:13 pm »

Backbone said: Hahaha there's this one power metal band I was listening to and I couldn't help but laugh until i cried when I heard this song, maybe rms knows who i am talking about since he creams over cheesy metal bands but the lyrics are like this

"AND THE DEMONS DANCE ON THE CASTLE WALL" then some cheeseball riff

Ayreon = better than any fucking band you listen to, and are in no way power metal.

« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2007, 02:49:30 pm »

Wrong Opeth destroys Ayreon and you're right they're Folk-Metal with some of the cheesest lyrics I have ever heard in my life.
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2007, 02:51:39 pm »

Backbone said: Wrong Opeth destroys Ayreon and you're right they're Folk-Metal with some of the cheesest lyrics I have ever heard in my life.

You're wrong again, Ayreon isn't folk metal, and Opeth is no where near the level that Ayreon is. The album The Human Equation is better than anything Opeth has done, and Mikael Akerfeldt's best vocal performance was on The Human Equation.

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2007, 03:03:23 pm »

Human Equation is noway on the level of BlackWater Park which is some of the most talented metal playing I have heard on an album, anyone who's into metal and not as one-sided as you are would see this. "DEMONS DANCE ON THE CASTLE WALL", wow that's some deep shit right there. Personally you're are overrating your favorite band. They are folk-metal how else would you describe it if they aren't power metal? They are influenced by folk rock are they not which they incoperate with metal and progressive rock influences, so if I were to put them in a sub-genre folk-meta or even Opera Metall would be the one I would described them under. I am not saying they don't have talent just saying they are cheesy. Opera metal has been done before by the likes of Mercyful fate who wipes their ass with Ayreons tabs.
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2007, 03:06:36 pm »

Backbone said: Human Equation is noway on the level of BlackWater Park which is some of the most talented metal playing I have heard on an album, anyone who's into metal and not as one-sided as you are would see this. "DEMONS DANCE ON THE CASTLE WALL", wow that's some deep shit right there. Personally you're are overrating your favorite band. They are folk-metal how else would you describe it if they aren't power metal? They are influenced by folk rock are they not which they incoperate with metal and progressive rock influences, so if I were to put them in a sub-genre folk-meta or even Opera Metall would be the one I would described them under. I am not saying they don't have talent just saying they are cheesy. Opera metal has been done before by the likes of Mercyful fate who wipes their ass with Ayreons tabs.

They are prog metal.  I like a good amount of Ayreons music and do realize their talent, but im with you on Opeth being better, Blackwater Park is one of my favorite albums ever!
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2007, 03:07:42 pm »

Backbone said: Human Equation is noway on the level of BlackWater Park which is some of the most talented metal playing I have heard on an album, anyone who's into metal and not as one-sided as you are would see this. "DEMONS DANCE ON THE CASTLE WALL", wow that's some deep shit right there. Personally you're are overrating your favorite band. They are folk-metal how else would you describe it if they aren't power metal? They are influenced by folk rock are they not which they incoperate with metal and progressive rock influences, so if I were to put them in a sub-genre folk-meta or even Opera Metall would be the one I would described them under. I am not saying they don't have talent just saying they are cheesy. Opera metal has been done before by the likes of Mercyful fate who wipes their ass with Ayreons tabs.

MErcyful Fate isn't opera metal

JuuKun666

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2007, 03:13:45 pm »

Now, I like both - Opeth and Ayreon, quite a bit. I recognize that The Human Equation is a better album, however I prefer My Arms, Your Hearse when comparing the two - just because of my own tastes. Ayreon is definitely deeper than "DEMONS DANCE ON THE CASTLE WALL", you just haven't heard alot of their stuff. They're Progressive Metal.

Yeah, and Mercyful Fate isn't Opera Metal, either.

Formerly JuuKun

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2007, 03:14:33 pm »

I never said Mercyful Fate was Opera Metal just said they have done it before. I wouldn't say Curse Of The Pharaohs was Opera metal but it is still a kick ass song.
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2007, 03:17:17 pm »

You do realize that Mercyful Fate is cheesier than anything Ayreon has ever done, right?

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2007, 03:16:53 pm »

JuuKun666 said:

Now, I like both - Opeth and Ayreon, quite a bit. I recognize that The Human Equation is a better album, however I prefer My Arms, Your Hearse when comparing the two - just because of my own tastes. Ayreon is definitely deeper than "DEMONS DANCE ON THE CASTLE WALL", you just haven't heard alot of their stuff. They're Progressive Metal.

Yeah, and Mercyful Fate isn't Opera Metal, either.

That's a matter of opinion and Blackwater Park is a better album in my opinion. My firend Chris who is a prog metal freak hated blackwater park and then said "listen to this" in which I had to hear Human Equation a thousand times a week, still I heard nothing on the album that would classify it as being any better than anything Opeth has done.
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2007, 03:18:42 pm »

caex said: You do realize that Mercyful Fate is cheesier than anything Ayreon has ever done, right?

Yeah but Mercyful Fate has been around since the 70's while Ayreaon came about in 95'.
JuuKun666

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2007, 03:22:55 pm »

Backbone said: That's a matter of opinion and Blackwater Park is a better album in my opinion. My firend Chris who is a prog metal freak hated blackwater park and then said "listen to this" in which I had to hear Human Equation a thousand times a week, still I heard nothing on the album that would classify it as being any better than anything Opeth has done.

You seem to have misunderstood me. I wasn't saying I prefer My Arms, Your Hearse over Blackwater Park (though I do, as MAYH is my favorite Opeth album), I was saying I prefer it over The Human Equation because of personal tastes. Though I love The Human Equation too. I do see what you're saying and why you stand where you do, though, so no worries.

Formerly JuuKun

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2007, 03:25:39 pm »

Backbone said:
caex said: You do realize that Mercyful Fate is cheesier than anything Ayreon has ever done, right?

Yeah but Mercyful Fate has been around since the 70's while Ayreaon came about in 95'.

You are wrong  on both parts. Mercyful Fate formed in  1981 and Ayreon in 1994

« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2007, 03:31:03 pm »

81' sorry but still you get my point. I was one year off on Ayreon while being a whole decade off with Mercyful fate who was founded in 81 and realesed their first E.P. in 1982.
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2007, 04:16:38 pm »

Lets end this here. Opeth puts us all to sleep so we cannot continue posting
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: