HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The best metal band of all time...  (Read 4604 times)
Coulrophile

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2007, 08:19:56 pm »

L0L JOB FOR A COWbOyZ

But seriously, this is an impossible question, although If I would have to choose I would say Sabbath.

PanteraChick

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2007, 03:03:52 pm »

jimbob232 said:

LambOfGod1491 said:

jimbob232 said:

LambOfGod1491 said:

jimbob232 said:

ChickenFucker said:

jimbob232 said:

NaziGangSTaJew said:

ChickenFucker said: He actually did say that. In my opinion there is just metal music, while i do agree that subgenres can sometimes be used as a way to differentiate some of these bands that shit wasn't really around until recently. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera,BLS , Lamb of God, and others are just "Heavy Metal Bands". I know you will be telling me about how Pantera and LOG are "groove metal", but when Pantera came out people weren't saying. "wow what a good groove metal band.' It sounds stupid. Its just metal. LOG describes themselves as "pure american metal". In case you didn't know, I think they are trying to say that they are "just" a "metal" band. Imagine that concept. I think they would probably know what they are more than you or me.
has this guy ever even heard the great southern trendkill?? or as the palaces burn?? groove metal?? JIMBOB is a fuckin tool::animatedlaugh

It's groove metal you fucking cunt. Learn you subgenres.

Have you heard of Exhorder? Probably not you trendy fuck

Well you are obvioiusly a "subgenre" chaser and thats fine, although I think subgenres are retarded. Realistically you can call it whatever you want, but that doesn't mean that its right. Going back and trying to label music that came out long before you were old enough to listen to it is a tricky thing. I was around when Pantera came out. Trust me they were not being called " groove metal", and if you did you would probably get blasted in the face. I realize that you like to think you can identify all of these subgenres and like to put people down when they dissagree with you in regards to them, but the simple fact is, there is no fact. All of this is arguable and although you are possibly right to some people you are also wrong to many others and there is no way to prove ones accuracy regarding this because it is all opinion. 99% of these bands would probably be highly insulted with the categories that you and others try and lump them in. and although I do agree that some of them can be "loosely" categoried into certain "genres" the sub-genres are just stupid IMO. To me most of it is simply metal.  ::animatedsmile

You and I will have to simply agree to disagree. You've put thought into you're argument, but I cannot share the same conclusion in that genres are just opinions. While bands obviously can incorporate different sounds, experiment, and evolve, I do not believe that genres are opinions. The music that has been created is a concrete element, unlike an opinion, and therefore can be categorized. Is it ethically wrong to do this to an artistic form? Sure, but it's been done for hundreds if not thousands of years for various forms of art work.

And if you think I care what some random Pantera fan thinks of me if I call them "groove metal"? No.  Those same Pantera fans refuse to believe that they put out albums called "Power Metal" and "Metal Magic". They live in their own delusional world and I don't want to be apart of it.

Then stay out of our "delusional world", dipshit!
::finger

I wouldn't want to join, especially if that's the only response you can muster up from that stereotypical metalhead brain of yours.

You give the rest of us a bad name.

Whatever. This is a waste of mine and your time. Pantera is fucking metal. Leave it at that or fuck off. I'm done with your bullshit.

When did I say Pantera wasn't metal?

I'm sorry.
You didn't. And I never said you did... I'm just saying that the only thing we tend to agree on is Pantera being metal. We both disagree on them being "groove metal" or not. So we should leave it at Pantera is metal.
The end.

"Truly, fuck the world for all its worth, every inch of planet earth! Fuck myself, don't leave me out, but dont get involved. Don't corner me!"
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2007, 01:13:04 am »

LambOfGod1491 said:
jimbob232 said:
LambOfGod1491 said:
jimbob232 said:
LambOfGod1491 said:
jimbob232 said:
ChickenFucker said:
jimbob232 said:
NaziGangSTaJew said:
ChickenFucker said: He actually did say that. In my opinion there is just metal music, while i do agree that subgenres can sometimes be used as a way to differentiate some of these bands that shit wasn't really around until recently. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera,BLS , Lamb of God, and others are just "Heavy Metal Bands". I know you will be telling me about how Pantera and LOG are "groove metal", but when Pantera came out people weren't saying. "wow what a good groove metal band.' It sounds stupid. Its just metal. LOG describes themselves as "pure american metal". In case you didn't know, I think they are trying to say that they are "just" a "metal" band. Imagine that concept. I think they would probably know what they are more than you or me.
has this guy ever even heard the great southern trendkill?? or as the palaces burn?? groove metal?? JIMBOB is a fuckin tool::animatedlaugh

It's groove metal you fucking cunt. Learn you subgenres.

Have you heard of Exhorder? Probably not you trendy fuck
Well you are obvioiusly a "subgenre" chaser and thats fine, although I think subgenres are retarded. Realistically you can call it whatever you want, but that doesn't mean that its right. Going back and trying to label music that came out long before you were old enough to listen to it is a tricky thing. I was around when Pantera came out. Trust me they were not being called " groove metal", and if you did you would probably get blasted in the face. I realize that you like to think you can identify all of these subgenres and like to put people down when they dissagree with you in regards to them, but the simple fact is, there is no fact. All of this is arguable and although you are possibly right to some people you are also wrong to many others and there is no way to prove ones accuracy regarding this because it is all opinion. 99% of these bands would probably be highly insulted with the categories that you and others try and lump them in. and although I do agree that some of them can be "loosely" categoried into certain "genres" the sub-genres are just stupid IMO. To me most of it is simply metal.  ::animatedsmile

You and I will have to simply agree to disagree. You've put thought into you're argument, but I cannot share the same conclusion in that genres are just opinions. While bands obviously can incorporate different sounds, experiment, and evolve, I do not believe that genres are opinions. The music that has been created is a concrete element, unlike an opinion, and therefore can be categorized. Is it ethically wrong to do this to an artistic form? Sure, but it's been done for hundreds if not thousands of years for various forms of art work.

And if you think I care what some random Pantera fan thinks of me if I call them "groove metal"? No.  Those same Pantera fans refuse to believe that they put out albums called "Power Metal" and "Metal Magic". They live in their own delusional world and I don't want to be apart of it.

Then stay out of our "delusional world", dipshit!

I wouldn't want to join, especially if that's the only response you can muster up from that stereotypical metalhead brain of yours.

You give the rest of us a bad name.

Whatever. This is a waste of mine and your time. Pantera is fucking metal. Leave it at that or fuck off. I'm done with your bullshit.

When did I say Pantera wasn't metal?

I'm sorry.
You didn't. And I never said you did... I'm just saying that the only thing we tend to agree on is Pantera being metal. We both disagree on them being "groove metal" or not. So we should leave it at Pantera is metal.
The end.

Sounds good to me

PanteraChick

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2007, 08:59:44 am »

Ok. Cool.

"Truly, fuck the world for all its worth, every inch of planet earth! Fuck myself, don't leave me out, but dont get involved. Don't corner me!"
pfiddy4
Community

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2007, 01:42:25 am »

without a doubt pantera
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2007, 02:25:47 am »

pfiddy4 said: without a doubt pantera

Based on your "favorite music", I don't think you've sampled enough of the metal world to jump to such a conclusion yet.

Detective_Jormungandr

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2007, 07:33:05 pm »

i can tell by your userpis that you are a retarded moron.

Detective_Jormungandr

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2007, 07:33:45 pm »

i can tell just by your userpic that you are a retarded moron

Dante_Da_Buildin

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2007, 08:09:06 pm »

Go ahead and flame me if you want but I say either sabbath (because they kinda started metal) or Metallica (the older stuff).::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger

::finger::finger::finger
PanteraChick

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2007, 12:43:39 am »

jimbob232 said:

Based on your "favorite music", I don't think you've sampled enough of the metal world to jump to such a conclusion yet.

This thread was NOT made so that people can flame on other people's opinion on the best metal band or what they listen to.

PanteraChick

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2007, 12:46:22 am »

Dante_Da_Buildin said: Go ahead and flame me if you want but I say either sabbath (because they kinda started metal) or Metallica (the older stuff).::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger

Hey. That's your opinion on the best metal band..or bands.
There should be no flaming in this fucking thread!

ehh...fuck it. You people aren't gonna listen to me.
w/e.

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2007, 01:38:15 am »

LambOfGod1491 said:
jimbob232 said:

This thread was NOT made so that people can flame on other people's opinion on the best metal band or what they listen to.

I don't think you have the right to tell me what I can and can't post here.

I'm not flaming him for his tastes anyways. If you'd quit getting so defensive about everything, you'd understand that the metal world is vast, almost infinite, and to claim that x band is the best, having sampled not even a tiny fraction of what the metal world has to offer, is simply ignorant.

Hell, it's almost ignorant for any of us to post in here, regardless of how many bands we've listened to, because the absolute "best" metal band may be one none of us have even heard of.

You should have titled this thread. "Your favorite metal band of all time..."

PanteraChick

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2007, 02:10:53 am »

jimbob232 said:

LambOfGod1491 said:

jimbob232 said:

I don't think you have the right to tell me what I can and can't post here.

I'm not flaming him for his tastes anyways. If you'd quit getting so defensive about everything, you'd understand that the metal world is vast, almost infinite, and to claim that x band is the best, having sampled not even a tiny fraction of what the metal world has to offer, is simply ignorant.

Hell, it's almost ignorant for any of us to post in here, regardless of how many bands we've listened to, because the absolute "best" metal band may be one none of us have even heard of.

You should have titled this thread. "Your favorite metal band of all time..."

Maybe I should have, but I didn't.
Sorry.

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2007, 03:06:02 am »

No need to apologize. I'm just here, being me.

thegreatmutilator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2007, 12:47:28 am »

JUDAS FUCKING PRIEST!!!!! ALL THE GOD DAMN WAY::animatedsmile
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: