HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A7X's new cd??  (Read 6363 times)
InfamousRickola

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2007, 06:53:45 pm »

SixStringSamurai said: I feel like a fucking rant right about now. Let's discuss A7X. I was a huge supporter of theirs in the Sounding the Seventh Trumpet days. They were real and stood for something then. They had a raw metalcore sound that I loved, and they were great to their fans. In those days they had never been on MTV because their music wasn't "radio friendly". Those fucking bastards get some recognition for their talent and then they become tools for the machine to make money. Their new album sounds like an overproduced Fall Out Boy meets Atreyu shit fest. They sold out man. They destroyed the DIY ethic that their loyal fans loved them for. They turned their backs on the principals that got them where they are. Unless they start making music comparable to Therion or Dark Tranquility I'll never accept them as valid artists. They epitomi of everything I hate about bands selling out. Fuck them. I'll admitt, they can play well but its nothing to go crazy over. One song off their new album sounds like a 3rd gen emo song with generic country musicianship for fucks sake. To summerize, they turned their backs on the street kids that got them where they are now. SELL OUT BASTARDS.

The destroyed the DIY ethic?.... they self produced this album. That's almost as DIY as you can get.

And you can quote me
Ex_

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2007, 08:26:32 pm »

iluvA7XtoDEATH said: love it? hate it? favorite song? least favorite song? you get the idea

IDK but I'm sure its another I wanna be GNR sux and still we suck type albums::animatedlaugh

::animatedsmile
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2007, 09:45:25 pm »

Killer1332 said:
jimbob232 said:
SixStringSamurai said:
jimbob232 said:
Killer1332 said:
jimbob232 said:
SixStringSamurai said:
jimbob232 said:
iluvA7XtoDEATH said:
Killer1332 said:
jimbob232 said:
Killer1332 said:
InfamousRickola said: Waking the Fallen is still my favorite by far, but this album has some ups and downs. The best change is the vocals; Shadows sounds like he does live after City of Evil, more natural. Also, their is a nice variety in sound on each track. Solos and intros are all good too. The biggest down is only ten tracks. Another would be some of the choruses and verses seem a little too simplistic for A7X. I did not like the heavy country influence on some tracks like Gunslinger and Dear God. And some orchestra instruments were used maybe too often. Overall, it is still a good album. I would say eight out of ten.

A Little Piece of Heaven reminds me of My Chemical Romance a bit for some reason. Which is not a bad thing to me because I like My Chemical Romance (yeah I said it). My favorite song is either Scream or Lost, but Critical Acclaim is fun to play on guitar.
Finally someone else admits to liking My Chemical Romance. I do, but metal is much better.

Holy crap.  Could you be any less masculine in your musical tastes?
HAHAHAHA. You're making me laugh. Masculinity has nothing to do with my musical taste. The fact that my mother raised me listening to a wide variety of music: everything from Queen to the Eagles. As i grew older, more music crossed my path, such as Cannibal Corpse, Pantera, My Chemical Romance, and Avenged Sevenfold (among others). Unlike so many people these days (such as you, Jimbob), I don't inhibit my mind by only listening to one kind of music. I've found out two important things because of how I think: Keep an open mind, and the knowledge will flow, and keep your expectations low, and you'll never be disappointed.

::animatedlaugh haha i love you

Because you can't defend your own opinion? How quaint.
They live to give you oral pleasure Jimbob!!! HAIL THE BOB!!!!!!

I'm sure the two of them are having some disgusting e-sex right now.::confused
Actually, no we aren't. Unlike quite a few people on this website, I'm faithful to my girlfriend, and would never do anything to hurt her. You people don't fucking know me, so don't talk about shit you know nothing about.

And you don't fucking know me either, cunt. So, as much as you'd like to generalize about us here, you rightfully CANNOT.
People like him get desperate when they're being owned in a debate.

Inorite? We brought some humor into this discussion and he dregs up some story about his imaginary girlfriend/right hand thinking we give a shit ::animatedlaugh
Wow. I didn't know you were that immature. Oh well. What the fuck ever. It's really sad when a sixteen year old is more mature than a twenty year old.
Keep living in your delusional fantasy.

SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2007, 04:15:17 pm »

InfamousRickola said:

SixStringSamurai said: I feel like a fucking rant right about now. Let's discuss A7X. I was a huge supporter of theirs in the Sounding the Seventh Trumpet days. They were real and stood for something then. They had a raw metalcore sound that I loved, and they were great to their fans. In those days they had never been on MTV because their music wasn't "radio friendly". Those fucking bastards get some recognition for their talent and then they become tools for the machine to make money. Their new album sounds like an overproduced Fall Out Boy meets Atreyu shit fest. They sold out man. They destroyed the DIY ethic that their loyal fans loved them for. They turned their backs on the principals that got them where they are. Unless they start making music comparable to Therion or Dark Tranquility I'll never accept them as valid artists. They epitomi of everything I hate about bands selling out. Fuck them. I'll admitt, they can play well but its nothing to go crazy over. One song off their new album sounds like a 3rd gen emo song with generic country musicianship for fucks sake. To summerize, they turned their backs on the street kids that got them where they are now. SELL OUT BASTARDS.

The destroyed the DIY ethic?.... they self produced this album. That's almost as DIY as you can get.
They used MTV, VH1, Hot Topic, and hanging out with popular artists to get where they are. The DIY ethic deals primarily with the overall business philosophy of a band. Not just one aspect. A7X does not hold to the DIY ethic in its totality.

Jagbag- "Hail the return(of SSS) or GTFO."
Detective_Jormungandr

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2007, 04:55:28 pm »

Ascetic_Priest said:
::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh

Detective_Jormungandr

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2007, 04:59:37 pm »

Killer1332 said:

InfamousRickola said: Waking the Fallen is still my favorite by far, but this album has some ups and downs. The best change is the vocals; Shadows sounds like he does live after City of Evil, more natural. Also, their is a nice variety in sound on each track. Solos and intros are all good too. The biggest down is only ten tracks. Another would be some of the choruses and verses seem a little too simplistic for A7X. I did not like the heavy country influence on some tracks like Gunslinger and Dear God. And some orchestra instruments were used maybe too often. Overall, it is still a good album. I would say eight out of ten.

A Little Piece of Heaven reminds me of My Chemical Romance a bit for some reason. Which is not a bad thing to me because I like My Chemical Romance (yeah I said it). My favorite song is either Scream or Lost, but Critical Acclaim is fun to play on guitar.

Finally someone else admits to liking My Chemical Romance. I do, but metal is much better.
my chemical romance is gay emo fags. they dont need groupies to fuck, they have each other!::animatedlaugh

Killer1332
Community

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2007, 06:51:21 pm »

MetalPyro876 said:

Killer1332 said:

my chemical romance is gay emo fags. they dont need groupies to fuck, they have each other!::animatedlaugh

ok. i'll admit that gerard is a lttle too flamboyant. I've heard the stuff he does live. He asked the guys in the audience to "take off their shirts for the girls". who are you trying to fool, gerard, the audience or yourself?::animatedlaugh

jimbob232 said:

Killer1332 said:

jimbob232 said:

SixStringSamurai said:

jimbob232 said:

Killer1332 said:

jimbob232 said:

SixStringSamurai said:

jimbob232 said:

iluvA7XtoDEATH said:

Killer1332 said:

jimbob232 said:

Killer1332 said:

Holy crap.  Could you be any less masculine in your musical tastes?

HAHAHAHA. You're making me laugh. Masculinity has nothing to do with my musical taste. The fact that my mother raised me listening to a wide variety of music: everything from Queen to the Eagles. As i grew older, more music crossed my path, such as Cannibal Corpse, Pantera, My Chemical Romance, and Avenged Sevenfold (among others). Unlike so many people these days (such as you, Jimbob), I don't inhibit my mind by only listening to one kind of music. I've found out two important things because of how I think: Keep an open mind, and the knowledge will flow, and keep your expectations low, and you'll never be disappointed.

::animatedlaugh haha i love you

Because you can't defend your own opinion? How quaint.
They live to give you oral pleasure Jimbob!!! HAIL THE BOB!!!!!!

I'm sure the two of them are having some disgusting e-sex right now.::confused

Actually, no we aren't. Unlike quite a few people on this website, I'm faithful to my girlfriend, and would never do anything to hurt her. You people don't fucking know me, so don't talk about shit you know nothing about.

And you don't fucking know me either, cunt. So, as much as you'd like to generalize about us here, you rightfully CANNOT.
People like him get desperate when they're being owned in a debate.

Inorite? We brought some humor into this discussion and he dregs up some story about his imaginary girlfriend/right hand thinking we give a shit ::animatedlaugh

Wow. I didn't know you were that immature. Oh well. What the fuck ever. It's really sad when a sixteen year old is more mature than a twenty year old.

Keep living in your delusional fantasy.

Back at you.
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2007, 08:17:55 pm »

What an intelligent retort. ::animatedlaugh

Killer1332
Community

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2007, 06:17:48 pm »

I don't really care how intelligent it was. I was being lazy.
Ascetic_Priest

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2007, 10:08:30 am »

iluvA7XtoDEATH said:

Ascetic_Priest said:

whatever, i was just looking for some other opinions

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2007, 10:05:12 pm »

Ascetic_Priest said:
QFT X 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: