HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haste the Day - PRESSURE THE HINGES  (Read 1189 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2007, 04:32:16 pm »

What do you guys think of their new CD?  Here's my review:

First of all, people need to get over the idea that Jimmy Ryan "WAS Haste the Day." No he wasn't. HTD is 5 guys, and if you followed the band at all, you'd know that it was a totally amicable split. Jimmy wanted to get married, and he encouraged the fans to continue to support HTD w/ their new vocalist.

So, here we are 2 years later w/ a new CD called PRESSURE THE HINGES. HTD is now fronted by Steven Keech. He is not quite the screamer that Jimmy was (very few are), but I'd say he's a better vocalist all around, in terms of melody. The songs on the new album are also less formulated, like they were on WHEN EVERYTHING FALLS. "Chorus of Angels," the albums closer, is certainly the highlight. Other standout tracks for me are the title track, "Stitches," "The Oracle," "Servant Lies," "White Collar," and a bonus track called "In Memory."

The real highlight of this album is the DVD that comes w/ the special ed. It is definitely worth the extra few bucks, especially if you've been a HTD fan since their previous 2 albums. The DVD has 2 full live shows (Jimmy's last show and the 3/24/06 show in Atlanta on their tour w/ Between the Buried and Me, Bleeding Through, and Every Time I Die) plus a few misc. live songs including them doing an amazing version of "Blue 42" w/ Peter from an amazing, now defunct, band called WINTER SOLSTICE that you all need to check out. The DVD has their videos for "When Everything Falls," "The Closest Thing to Closure," and "American Love." It also has footage of the band hanging out backstage before their Atlanta gig and studio footage during the recording of this CD. The non-live footage on the DVD is a bit disappointing, though. I'd much rather hear about the history of the band and how/why they formed instead of seeing the members get dressed in front of the camera or wrestle around w/ each other w/o their shirts on. Here are the live songs:

3/24/06 in Atlanta
1. Fallen
2. The Perfect Night
3. The Closest Thing to Closure
4. Walk On
5. Blue 42
6. When Everything Falls

Misc live songs
- "Blue 42" (w/ Peter from Winter Solstice, 9/11/06 in Atlanta)
- "The Perfect Night" & "Pressure the Hinges" (12/20/06 in SC)

Jimmy's Last Show - 12/30/05 in Indianapolis
1. When Everything Falls
2. One Life to Live
3. Fallen
4. Walk On
5. An Honest Confession
6. American Love
7. Blue 42

This album is really solid, but definitely get the special ed. w/ bonus tracks and the DVD. While I doubt Haste the Day will ever top BURNING BRIDGES, the new album PRESSURE THE HINGES is a step back in the right direction for the band while also having them evolve musically.

They're on tour right now w/ Atreyu and It Dies Today.  Rumored tour starting in Nov. w/ As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, and Through the Eyes of the Dead.

www.myspace.com/hastetheday
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 05:27:39 pm »

Good job. I missed them at the most recent Warped Tour.....oh well, always next year.

Jagbag- "Hail the return(of SSS) or GTFO."
KevinDeets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 06:05:20 pm »

You can see HTD on their fall tour w/ As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, and Through the Eyes of the Dead
brandino

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 08:38:18 am »

I saw them not to long long ago with From Autumn to Ashes, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Twelve Guage Valentine and some other crappy that I can't remember the name of. Overall, it was a pretty good concert.

Metal and Industrial Videos at satanspace.comClick to play video
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: