HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Primer 55 = The Blues Brothers & Spinal Tap  (Read 1196 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2007, 07:07:42 pm »

You guys will get a kick out of this... p55 had a show @ The Hayloft in Mt. Clemens, MI last night (near Detroit).  Well, they accidentally went to The Hayloft in Grand Rapids (a country bar 3 hrs away).  Anyone remember The Blues Brothers?  "We're the Good Ole Primer 55 Boys Band."   LOL!

It also reminded me of Spinal Tap how their manager/booking agent (David St. Hubbins' gf) booked those weird gigs (the Air Force base & the puppet show).  Plus, the Hayloft in Mt. Clemens was empty last night.  There were MAYBE 50 people.  Plus, a bunch of shows on this tour have been canceled already (including The Rave in Milwaukee).  So, p55's current tour is Spinal Tap reborn.  Are they gonna do "Stonehenge?"  : )

That's the funny part.  What is not so funny is that I spent my entire Fri night waiting for them to show up.  Apparently the Hayloft kept trying to get a hold of them, but no one from the p55 camp answered their phone.  The mgr @ The Hayloft kept telling us that p55 was on the way, but they were not.  On top of that, the only reason I know what happened is that I met a lady who's friends w/ Erik (ex-Stereomud singer) from one of the bands on the tour called Love Said No.  She called him, and he told her the scoop.  I've met Erik before on Stereomud's tour several years ago w/ (hed) p.e. & Systematic.  He was a super cool guy.  My question, though... Why didn't someone call the Hayloft and say they weren't coming instead of having us all wait at the venue for 4 hrs on a Fri night for nothing?  It makes quite a story, but that was bad form by the bands.

I was so excited for this show, too.  p55 is one of my favorite bands, and this is their 1st tour in 5 yrs.  I skipped the Norma Jean show in Detroit last night to go to this, too.  p55 has another show coming up in the Detroit area on 11/16.  Let's hope they make it within 200 miles of the correct venue next time.
nomore123456

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:21:02 pm »

wow, i didnt know they were even still together..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: