HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Diamond Talks Tour Cancellation  (Read 512 times)
metalrulz4life
New Member
*
Posts: 734



View Profile
« on: November 24, 2007, 11:44:25 pm »

KING DIAMOND has issued the following statement to his fans:

"As you know by now, it has been necessary to postpone the US tour due to the slow healing of my herniated disc.

I want to thank everyone for being so understanding under the circumstances, and for all the well wishes. It just shows me that we have the best fans any band could wish for.

I also very much appreciate the support and understanding I have received from all the people involved with the business side of the band, such as all the promoters, our booking agent, record label, our crew and of course the band members.

The facts are that at this point there was only about 10% chance that everything would work out as planned, and 90% chance that my back would not be completely healed in time for the tour. It could have cost a possible cancellation within the first week or so, resulting in damaging my back beyond repair, and an early end to my career and health.

Therefore the only thing that made sense was to postpone all touring activities until my back has completely healed.

"Rather postpone the US tour now and have the career run another 8-10 years (look at Dio, Alice Cooper, etc. still going strong), than take a chance where both health and career might be over within half a year."

Even though I know the situation is out of my control, I can't help but feel that this whole thing is my fault. It really just plain SUCKS, but I promise we'll make it up to all of you.

I just want to let you know that the healing process has not stopped. It IS still getting better, and I am personally confident that it will heal 100% given the time it needs (hopefully six months rather than a full year, but who knows). I am still putting 100% effort into speeding up this whole process, and I can't wait to get back to a decent normal life.

Again, I really want to personally thank you all for the understanding and all the well wishes.

Stay Heavy,
King" ::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh
Logged

SlaytanicCFH
Community
New Member
*
Posts: 2254


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 03:03:55 pm »

At least he has an explaination for the whole thing. Gotta love King Diamond.
Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
WEBSITE & CONTENTS © DIVINE RECORDINGS.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Websites for Music Festivals