HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ozzy better with Sabbath or his solo career?  (Read 5127 times)
Artlukm

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 10:48:09 am »

Black fucking Sabbath! Though Blizzard and Diary are undisputed classics...
puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 04:08:55 pm »

Black fucking Sabbath! Though Blizzard and Diary are undisputed classics...
*shows you my tits*

Piggy
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 10:00:25 pm »

Sabbath, but if it weren't for Ozzy's solo career there wouldn't be Randy Rhoads playing on two awesome albums.  And let's not forget Dio joining Sabbath.   Grin

Things happen for a reason....
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 08:21:00 am »

I'm going to go with solo.  Ozzy's creativity came out more with his solo career and it did much better than Sabbath.  Sabbath will always be the creators of Heavy Metal and will always have their place but Ozzy has done so much more for Heavy Metal.  He brought it back from the brink coming out of the 70's when disco and punk put metal on the backburner.  Then later as gangsta rap took over, Ozzy came out of retirement in the mid 90's and resurrected metal again by introducing Ozzfest. 
Tony as much as I love and respect him as an artist he kind of bottled everyone else in Sabbath into a role.  Geezer would handle the lyrics, Bill did the Rythms, Ozzy was just there to sing and occasionally come up with a chorus line, while Tony did the business and tried to make himself the frontman (look up old Sabbath videos from about 72 on).  Ozzy actually had several songs written complete and ready for Sabbath but Tony scrubbed them.  One song in particular, Mr. Crowley.  Could you image what Sabbath could have done with that?  It would have been great, but damn Randy's three solos and Ozzy's newer vocal style.  That song always gives me chills.  Just wish I could have seen Randy do it.  Zakk, Joe Holmes, and even Jake E. Lee did a fine job.  Gus G you're up next, no pressure lol. Grin

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 12:30:07 am »

I've loved Ozzy in Sabbath and I've loved him solo. Two sides in the end of the same coin. Definitely different, pretty distinctly so. Kind of the weird magic of Ozzy. He is blessed in that.

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
DarkOzzy23

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 11:08:49 am »

Black Sabbath is the best band of all time IMO
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 01:05:26 am »

His sound and his show is so different from Sabbath. Solo he is theatrical, a showman, not just a straight up guy singing a song, not ever. As the lead singer in Sabbath he is the opposite. Flip sides of a coin. I miss him in Sabbath, that goofy down to earth guy crossing his eyes and making fish lips at the camera. But I love him solo at the same time.

---
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 09:16:42 pm »

That's not to say Ozzy wasn't into showmanship with Sabbath. definitely not. it's just that he was himself vs 'the madman' which he became more of solo.

---
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: