HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOOL at Ozzfest 08?  (Read 11388 times)
I_Am_Jacks_STD

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 03:40:54 pm »

Mh tool at ozzfest doesn't seem right.  back in 98 they were pushing Aemina, but after that they went down the route of hating their fans (aka songs like Hooker with a Penis and Ticks & Leeches), and weren't in need for the money.  Hell, Keenan formed A perfect circle around then.  Plus Tool is good enough on their own, being on tour with half shitty hardcore bands and half metal bands doesn't seem like a good match.  

tl;dr  - they're too good for ozzfest.  If they showed up, yeah I'm not gonna complain.  But its highly unlikely.
I_Am_Jacks_STD

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 03:45:05 pm »

MetalPyro876 said:
barmore773 said: if they
melikewafflesandpancakes said: Tool tickets alone for the two hour show cost 50 dollars so fuck that tickets will cost a fortune

lawn tickets wouldnt cost a fortune
still, tool sucks

dude even a stoned high-school dropout likes tool music.  Are you saying you're worse then a stoned high-school dropout?  I mean their fan-base is pretty bad, but no harm done to the band.
AllThatRots

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 03:56:03 pm »

ehh

evilrob666LV

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 01:42:49 am »

wake_of_ashes said:
Sadian said: Tool is better than LOG

In my personal opinion they are not even close to as good. Neither musically, nor performance wise. I would claim that LOG is the greatest band of the 2000's, with SOAD being a close second.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge tool fan. own all their albums in CD format, and Love their music. I do think their performances suck unless you are very high. I saw them in Sacramento and the stage was dimly lit so you can barely see the band. They did little to no crowd interaction and they just had big screens displaying weird shit only tool would display. Sure they played well, but so what? How was I even supposed to know it was tool? because they were playing tool's music? I couldnt see the Fucking band. lame.

LOG on the other hand has kick ass performances. You don't have to be high to enjoy their performance.

You can't even compare the two.  As far as who sells more records and sells out more shows, Tool does hands down.  They don't need Ozzfest.....they'll sell out all their own tour dates by themselves.  No disrespect for LOG, because personally I'd rather go to one of their shows too, but Tool is in a class all by themselves.

evilrob666LV

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 01:44:34 am »

wake_of_ashes said: ive been thinking about it... I have a feeling Metallica is 50/50 for ozzfest 08. They have the new album, they claim they are getting back to their roots of Justice, Master of puppets, RTL, They want to do some repair work on their image as being sellouts. What better way then to take a financial hit by playing Ozzfest? I think there is a chance... and it would be AWSOME.

Again, just as Tool, Metallica doesn't need Ozzfest, and are way too greedy and ego driven to open for Ozzy.  Which they shouldn't be, but they are.

ShtgunFacelift

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2008, 01:45:28 am »

Last I heard Danny Carey broke his arm...

dethklok66623

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 01:46:24 am »

ozzys_bitch666 said: idk about you but i know tool isnt as heavy as kreator or dying fetus but i think tool should be at this years ozzfest mainstage man thier stage set up is a fucking trip and when you are on weed or shrooms O_O fuck but music is good to and maynard has badass stage pressence lets say tool is the one band where people can just chill and get ready to rock the fuck out when ozzy comes on.::sinister
this is my opinon but please jesus no!!!! they boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee but sober is halfway decent::finger

Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 03:54:57 am »

jimbob232 said: While I am a fan, I don't think they should play Ozzfest again (or would want to)

metalheadmonster

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2008, 05:03:34 am »

There cool but it was bullshit when they played in 98'! I mean really headlining over Megadeth! Cmon.

spock

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2008, 06:20:32 am »

STARBUCK said: Man, I would love to see Tool, but I'd rather go to one of thier shows instead of watching them do an abbreviated set with bad sound systems at Ozzfest.
That's right!::finger::sinister::finger

Spock
UPfreebird

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2008, 08:47:00 am »

TOOL would kick ass for Ozzfest 08!  I would love to see them play live.  

BUT...They would have to play near the end of the show.  They are a slow mellow band.  And after kicking ass with bands such as Lamb of god, Behemoth, etc,..it would be good wind down with TOOL.  They are musicially talented.  Not hardcore enough for Ozzfest,...but it would still be cook to see them.  Maybe they could play when Ozzfest is over and people are heading back to their cars.  Ha ha.

Take Magic Mushrooms!!
Meshuggahailmeshuggah1

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2008, 09:37:44 am »

tool would never play ozzfest again.

SEE YOU IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::animatedlaugh
Lupin
Community

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2008, 11:26:15 am »

If TOOL did play ozzfest, they would be better then about 95 percent of the bands there, of course they probably only play no more then 60 minutes.::stare

Ascetic_Priest

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2008, 01:38:48 pm »

I can't stand Tool....so if I had a vote I would say HELL NO....::smile

walk_with_me_in_hell

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2008, 02:22:34 pm »

i agree too...the only thing that is ok about them is their drummer and even that isnt very good ...tool fucken sucks

jagbag654 said:

LoweDown_Dirty1 said: please for god's sake no. i want to go to ozzfest to have a good time not take a hour long nap

agreed.  i myself am not a fan.
::finger

HAIL TRUE METAL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: