HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nonpoint 11/7/07 in Flint  (Read 1093 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007, 01:19:55 pm »

Karnivool opened the show.  They were excellent.  I'll need to pick up their CD.  Ankla was next and definitely got the crowd into a frenzy.   AND... their singer didn't ask for a circle pit 8 different times like he did @ Ozzfest.  Skindred came out and were their usual fun-loving selves.  I love how they are almost the complete opposite of most hard rock bands in that they act like they are having fun, and they don't tell the crowd to beat the crap out of each other.  In fact, Benji said, "Save that shit for a Slipknot show."  They had the whole place bouncing several times during their set.  They played a good mux from both CDs.

Nonpoint closed the show.  They are always very good if not great live, but this particular set didn't do much for me.  I've seen em live at least 20x, and the set is always heavy on songs from Statement.  Yes, that's an awesome CD, but I could do w/o hearing any songs from that album when I see em live.  I'd much rather hear songs from To the Pain or the new CD Vengeance.  The new songs were the highlight of the show, BTW.  The setlist:

what a day
broken bones
march of war
endure
victim
vengeance
mindtrip
what I do best
in the air tonight (Phil Collins cover)
--encore--
alive and kicking
bullet with a name

I know this review isn't too detailed, but I didn't have a lot of time.  This tour was awesome b/c all 4 bands have a different kind of sound.  It's coming back to Flint and to Detroit in Dec.  I'll be there.
mudvayneld50

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:47:35 pm »

Nice, do you remember what the other 3 bands played?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: