HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lamb of God and KsE - Detroit  (Read 1199 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2007, 05:25:29 pm »

Killswitch Engage / Lamb of God - Detroit

Some called this the "Clash of the Titans" tour... the 2 biggest American metal bands together on the same bill.  Sort of the equivalent of the Metallica / Guns n Roses tour in 1992, except on a much, much smaller stage.  The tix were pricey, but in the end it was worth it.

Soilwork played first.  This was my 4th or 5th time seeing them.  While they are very good, I kind of think they're over-rated.  I mean, I don't understand why everyone raves about them.  They're not THAT special.  In fact, their live show seems very uninspired.  They were good last night.  The live "Stabbing the Drama" was excellent.

DevilDriver came out, and they flat out CRUSHED!  It was 30 min of insane energy and brutality.  That's about all I can say.  Their setlist:

End Of The Line
Not All Who Wander Are Lost
I Could Care Less
Nothing's Wrong
The Axe Shall Fall
Clouds Over California
Meet The Wretched

Killswitch Engage was next.  I was bummed they didn't headline, but oh well.  Their intro music was Slayer's "Raining Blood," but then right before the riff kicked in, it switched to the A-Team theme song.  That was funny, yet kind of a downer.  After all, who doesn't love that riff?  Anyway, KsE were excellent.  I couldn't have asked for a better setlist... the way they mixed the mellow and heavy songs together.  The order of the songs had a nice flow to it.  I also liked how Adam D, while still being his goofy self, cut down on the babbling b/w songs.  That's all well and good, but I'd rather hear more music, ya know?  I know it's cliche, but the wall of death during "Rose of Sheryn" was amazing.  This was also the 1st time I've seen em do "Holy Diver," so that was cool.  I also always love "Breathe Life."  Their setlist:

fixation on the darkness
a bid farewell
self revolution
the arms of sorrow
this fire burns
breathe life
my curse
for you
life to lifeless
rose of sheryn
desperate times
my last serenade
the end of heartache
holy diver (Dio cover)

Lamb of God closed the show.  I didn't have too high of hopes b/c they had to follow amazing sets by KsE & DevilDriver, but they were killer!  They're heavy as hell, and they kick your teeth in.  The one downer was that it was almost the exact set as Ozzfest (which I went to three times).  I also don't understand why they always play "Omerta" instead of a different (and preferably older) deep cut.  Oh well.  They were great, nonetheless.  The setlist:

hourglass
laid to rest
walk with me in hell
ruin
pathetic
now you've got...
descending
blacken the cursed sun
omerta
vigil
redneck
black label

This tour was excellent.  Hard to say who the best band was, honestly, for me it was a three-way tie b/w KsE, LoG, and DD.   I know it's not cheap, but if you like metal, check out this tour.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: