HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Killswitch Engage - 1/29/08 @ HOB Cleveland  (Read 1383 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:09:19 pm »

Parkway Drive opened.  There were chants of the band's name before their set.  They rocked!  The pit was crazy during "Mutiny."  My one complaint is that they did not play "Smoke em if you Got em."  They were GREAT, though.  Their setlist:

the siren's song
gimmie a D
carrion
mutiny
boneyards
romance is dead

Every Time I Die was next.  They were amazing.  The setlist was perfect, and it was very different than their last tour w/ Underoath.  It was heavy on the older songs.  Keith kept talking trash about the people sitting in the balcony who were not into it at all.  KsE did that later as well.  Keith said the people in the balcony were like those 2 old guys from the Muppet show.  hahaha.  ETID dedicated "I've Been Gone a Long Time" to Cleveland's own Chimaira.  I know Matt from Chimaira was there.  I caught a pick from Jordan after their set and gave it to a girl behind me whow was a HUGE ETID fan.  Their setlist:

off broadway
bored stiff
we'rewolf
no son of mine
pisg is pigs
ebolarama
cities and years
I've been gone a long time
the new black
floater

Dillinger Escape Plan was next.  I saw them about a month ago on their tour w/ A Life Once Lost, and they were very mediocre.  They were much better at this show, thanks in huge part to a lack of stupid hardcore dancers.  A lot of the KsE fans didn't dig em, but I liked their set.  "Sunshine the Werewolf" was a PERFECT song to close with.  Their setlist:

panasonic youth
43% burnt
fix your face
lurch
party smasher
setting fire to sleeping giants
when acting as a particle
nong eye gong
milk lizzard
black bubblegum
sunshine the werewolf

After the crowd got through singing Danzig's "Mother" at the top of their lungs, Killswitch Engage took the stage.  They were introduced like contestants from The Price is Right.  I wish I could remember all of em, but Adam D. was introduced as a child molestor, and Howard was the prize they were all bidding on.  I'll never get sick of singing along to "Take This Oath" or "My Last Serenade."  Before the wall of death during "Rose of Sheryn," Adam D. told all the people in Cleveland to pretend Josh Beckett was in the middle.  hehehe.  Then before "My Curse" Adam started talking about how Howard loves little Asian boys, and Howard told the crowd that when the rest of the band went to see "Rambo" a few days ago, Adam D. saw the movie "27 Dresses."  Adam kept his mouth shut after that.  Their setlist:

daylight dies
unbroken
take this oath
arms of sorrow
breathe life
this fire burns
rose of sheryn
still beats your name
fixation on the darkness
my curse
desperate times
a bid farewell