HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: most overrated bands  (Read 3741 times)
TechDevil

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2007, 03:29:42 pm »

Back on topic...

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater

I STILL BELIEVE!
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2007, 10:38:13 pm »

gFgC said: Back on topic...

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater
You have to be joking
TechDevil

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2007, 10:44:06 pm »

melikewafflesandpancakes said:

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater

You have to be joking

Not really.

I STILL BELIEVE!
AllThatRots

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2007, 11:12:05 pm »

gFgC said:

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater

You have to be joking

Not really.

::confused Care to elaborate?

« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2007, 11:14:48 pm »

Yeah really I mean maybe dream theater but not really at all but children of Bodom is just awesome and not that famous
Winsiferun

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2007, 08:54:33 am »

Let's see, I can think of a few:

Opeth
Pantera
Ozzy
and jsut about every band mentioned here except for the idiot who said Iron Maiden.

P.S. Lamb Of God>>>>>Dragonforce

Gigantour - May 1st @ the JLC London,ON.

BattleSoul
Winsiferun

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2007, 08:56:00 am »

watchwolf said:

Did I ever say it had to? I simply commented on melikewafflesandpancakes by asking how their music is complex? I don't think it's good, complex or not.
I'd like to see you play it. Anything I can't play is complex to me.

Gigantour - May 1st @ the JLC London,ON.

BattleSoul
TechDevil

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2007, 03:29:08 pm »

burning_times said:

gFgC said:

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater

You have to be joking

Not really.

I can tolerate Dream Theater, but their fanboys make them out like they're the greatest band to ever pick up instruments. Here's some irony...Dream Theater are heavily influenced by Metallica (Another band I tend to abhor). So much so that they have played Master of Puppets in it's entirety live before and have recorded parts of Enter Sandman on a live record they did. To me, they are VERY similar bands. Or at least they were prior to Load. They both write long, meandering songs that rely heavily on skilled instrumentation and have recognizable progressive rock influences. Metallica just leaned more Sabbath while DT lean more Rush. What's funny to me is that even though I know this, and it's pretty much a fact, people dog Metallica incessantly while Dream Theater, Metallica's progeny, are lauded and reputable. The funny part of all of this is that the era of Metallica that DT co-opted is just as reviled as the current era in peoples blind hatred for them.

Children of Bodom...lose the keyboards. They make them sound like Europe and Europe were fuckin' awful.

I STILL BELIEVE!
Lycaon

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2007, 03:56:36 pm »

gFgC said:
burning_times said:
gFgC said:

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater
You have to be joking

Not really.

I can tolerate Dream Theater, but their fanboys make them out like they're the greatest band to ever pick up instruments. Here's some irony...Dream Theater are heavily influenced by Metallica (Another band I tend to abhor). So much so that they have played Master of Puppets in it's entirety live before and have recorded parts of Enter Sandman on a live record they did. To me, they are VERY similar bands. Or at least they were prior to Load. They both write long, meandering songs that rely heavily on skilled instrumentation and have recognizable progressive rock influences. Metallica just leaned more Sabbath while DT lean more Rush. What's funny to me is that even though I know this, and it's pretty much a fact, people dog Metallica incessantly while Dream Theater, Metallica's progeny, are lauded and reputable. The funny part of all of this is that the era of Metallica that DT co-opted is just as reviled as the current era in peoples blind hatred for them.

Children of Bodom...lose the keyboards. They make them sound like Europe and Europe were fuckin' awful.
all fanboys make the certain band they love seem like the best because that's their job. it's called promoting them.
Lycaon

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2007, 03:59:32 pm »

Winsiferun said: Let's see, I can think of a few:

Opeth
Pantera
Ozzy
and jsut about every band mentioned here except for the idiot who said Iron Maiden.

P.S. Lamb Of God>>>>>Dragonforce
well honestly I am not trying to pick a conflict with you. But I find it sill you say that because I believe that if you're going to compare bands fairly, they should be of the same genre. They're 2 totally different types of music and sound nothing alike. You can say Lamb Of God/Pantera is > Lamb Of God/Pantera and Dragonforce/Rhapsody is > Dragonforce/Rhapsody
TechDevil

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2007, 04:15:42 pm »

Lycaon said:

gFgC said:

burning_times said:

gFgC said:

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater

You have to be joking

Not really.

all fanboys make the certain band they love seem like the best because that's their job. it's called promoting them.

You must be a fan.

I STILL BELIEVE!
Lycaon

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2007, 08:52:02 pm »

gFgC said:
Lycaon said:
gFgC said:
burning_times said:
gFgC said:

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater
You have to be joking

Not really.

You must be a fan.
haha no. I heard their songs before but I wouldnt clal myself a fan, I dont listen to them. I was just stating a fact.
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2007, 10:19:33 pm »

The Keyboard is just fucking awesome

I just heard this band The Acacia Strain wtf is this gay bull shit this band is so mediocore it's not even funny anyone could make a band like this fucking gay Despised Icon is 1000x better and yet The Acacia Strain is head lining the tour their and everyone is jizzing their pants over them. I hate stupid metalcore scene shit like this.
TechDevil

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2007, 04:09:49 am »

Lycaon said:
gFgC said:
Lycaon said:
gFgC said:
burning_times said:
gFgC said:

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater
You have to be joking

Not really.

You must be a fan.
haha no. I heard their songs before but I wouldnt clal myself a fan, I dont listen to them. I was just stating a fact.

Well, what I meant was really that you'd think by the way their fans act that Petrucci, LaBrie and Portnoy were the individual greatest on their instruments ever. While I won't argue about their talent, I think it gets overblown. I've always thought of their music like a text book: you can learn a lot from it, but don't expect much entertainment value.

I STILL BELIEVE!
TechDevil

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2007, 04:15:53 am »

melikewafflesandpancakes said: The Keyboard is just fucking awesome

I just heard this band The Acacia Strain wtf is this gay bull shit this band is so mediocore it's not even funny anyone could make a band like this fucking gay Despised Icon is 1000x better and yet The Acacia Strain is head lining the tour their and everyone is jizzing their pants over them. I hate stupid metalcore scene shit like this.

There are several things that I have always thought do not mix with metal: Opera, Ska, Polka, etc. Keyboards are definitely one of them. Aside from an occasional band like Type O Negative, they are generally either useless or horrible and keys have never aged well. Pianos...I can tolerate. Keys just tend to fuck things up.

I STILL BELIEVE!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: