HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: most overrated bands  (Read 3771 times)
sabbath583

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2007, 12:49:12 pm »

melikewafflesandpancakes said: The Keyboard is just fucking awesome

I just heard this band The Acacia Strain wtf is this gay bull shit this band is so mediocore it's not even funny anyone could make a band like this fucking gay Despised Icon is 1000x better and yet The Acacia Strain is head lining the tour their and everyone is jizzing their pants over them. I hate stupid metalcore scene shit like this.
The Acacia Strain is fucking horrible.

« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2007, 10:43:29 pm »

sabbath583 said:
melikewafflesandpancakes said: The Keyboard is just fucking awesome

I just heard this band The Acacia Strain wtf is this gay bull shit this band is so mediocore it's not even funny anyone could make a band like this fucking gay Despised Icon is 1000x better and yet The Acacia Strain is head lining the tour their and everyone is jizzing their pants over them. I hate stupid metalcore scene shit like this.
The Acacia Strain is fucking horrible.
I know and everyone is blowing a load over them
nogoodnamesleft1

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2007, 12:39:17 am »

Like i said though, above all,
Complexity is a far too commonly used word to describe whether a person likes a band or not.

Yes, you can judge a band and attempt to deem it "Complex" or "Not Complex" but unless you, yourself are some form of instrumentalist, you cannot possibly make a rightful judgement on the music of a band's complexity.

A second point that needs to be restated is that complexity should definately NOT determine whether or not a band is good or not. For instance, Pantera, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, etc., are relatively good examples of bands that aren't at an epic level of complexity but still have a large and faithful following. A band's appeal, whether it is valid to others or not, is subject to the listener and the listener only.

What makes a band better? Their complexity? Or their ability to stay untouched through the test of time? Ask yourself that question.::confused

Any one who compares Slipknot to Behemoth is a real asshole.
Lycaon

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2007, 02:44:35 pm »

nogoodnamesleft1 said: Like i said though, above all,
Complexity is a far too commonly used word to describe whether a person likes a band or not.

Yes, you can judge a band and attempt to deem it "Complex" or "Not Complex" but unless you, yourself are some form of instrumentalist, you cannot possibly make a rightful judgement on the music of a band's complexity.

A second point that needs to be restated is that complexity should definately NOT determine whether or not a band is good or not. For instance, Pantera, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, etc., are relatively good examples of bands that aren't at an epic level of complexity but still have a large and faithful following. A band's appeal, whether it is valid to others or not, is subject to the listener and the listener only.

What makes a band better? Their complexity? Or their ability to stay untouched through the test of time? Ask yourself that question.::confused
I agree overall, except, Lamb Of God write some hard shit to play, even for the drummer. And Dimebag Darrel was a guitar master, and Vinnie Paul was a thunder god.
AllThatRots

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2007, 06:53:07 pm »

gFgC said:

burning_times said:

gFgC said:

melikewafflesandpancakes said:

gFgC said: Back on topic...

Children of Bodom
Dream Theater

You have to be joking

Not really.

::confused Care to elaborate?

I can tolerate Dream Theater, but their fanboys make them out like they're the greatest band to ever pick up instruments. Here's some irony...Dream Theater are heavily influenced by Metallica (Another band I tend to abhor). So much so that they have played Master of Puppets in it's entirety live before and have recorded parts of Enter Sandman on a live record they did. To me, they are VERY similar bands. Or at least they were prior to Load. They both write long, meandering songs that rely heavily on skilled instrumentation and have recognizable progressive rock influences. Metallica just leaned more Sabbath while DT lean more Rush. What's funny to me is that even though I know this, and it's pretty much a fact, people dog Metallica incessantly while Dream Theater, Metallica's progeny, are lauded and reputable. The funny part of all of this is that the era of Metallica that DT co-opted is just as reviled as the current era in peoples blind hatred for them.

Children of Bodom...lose the keyboards. They make them sound like Europe and Europe were fuckin' awful.

Yeah, like someone else said, any fanboys of a certain band will make them out to be great, but I personally know at least 5 DT fanboys (off the top of my head, I probably know more) and yeah, they do blow things out of proportion. You make a good point about Metallica, I see how they're alike in the way a lot of their songs are structured I guess, but I don't think they sound a whole lot like them, they definitely lean a lot more towards the Rush end of things.

As far as COB goes...I think the keyboards sound awesome but that's just a matter of perception I guess

sampson

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2007, 08:04:03 pm »

Metallica
Anthrax
Venom
Bathory
Celtic Frost
Immortal
The Ramones
The Sex Pistols
As I Lay Dying
Job For A Cowboy
Trivium

People who don't like Ozzy but spend all their time on his board need to get lives.
Anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Caex's Life
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: